All They Know Is Misery

One.

“Charlie, Charlie, Charlie!” my little sister shouted as she ran into the room.

I looked down at her and sighed, “Yes?”

“Mommy’s home!” she cheered, giggling.

“Joy,” I mumbled, turning my attention back to my book.

My mother had spared my sister’s health in order to screw up mine completely. It was sickening to say the least, it made me want to die.

“Come on, Charlie, aren’t you going to see mommy?” Riley asked, placing her hand on mine.

“No, Riles, I’m not. If mommy wants to see me, then she can come up here,” I told her, moving her hand.

“But–but she’s been gone, Charlie! She’s been gone for ages!” she shouted, sounding heartbroken.

“Then why don’t you go see her? Help her with her bags,” I muttered, looking down at my book.

“I’ve already gotten them inside,” a voice rang throughout the room.

I looked up to see my mother standing there, looking like a booty call mixed with a prostitute.

“Mommy!” Riley cried, running over to her and jumping into her arms.

My mom lifted her up into her arms and twirled her around. “Hey sweetie!” she greeted her.

I made a sound of disgust and stood up to walk out of the room. “Hold it, Charlotte.”

I stopped, took in a deep breath and watched as she sat Riley down. “Go out and play for a minute, sweets.”

Riley nodded and skipped down the hallway, singing. My mom turned to me and smirked. “How long has it been?” she asked.

“Oh you know,” I snarled, wanting to hurt her so badly.

“Nearly a year now, huh?” she asked, her eyes showing pure hatred and evil.

“And they finally let you out of the looney bin? What a surprise,” I countered, sending her the same smirk back.

She grabbed my wrist and rammed me into the wall, gripping tightly on my arms. “You shut your mouth right now,” she spat in a low, pissed off, tone.

“Why should I? So you have more space to hit me? And why on Earth would I do that, mother?” I asked sarcastically.

She slapped me hard, causing my cheek to lose all feeling and hold a hand print to show later. I laughed at her and she shoved me into the coffee table, shattering the two vases that sat atop it and the family picture. A shard of glass pierced my skin and I cried out in pain, holding my arm tightly, blood dripping out of the wound.

“Bitch,” she spat once more, walking out of the room and slamming the door shut.

I stood up and rushed into the bathroom, taking a washrag and carefully pulling the shard out of my arm. I washed my arm and knew somehow I’d have to get stitches. But I didn’t want to go to the hospital . . . Not now.

I slammed my car door shut and walked up towards the school with Johnny. “Where’s Bee?” I asked.

“Who knows anymore,” he sighed.

“Poor girl,” I murmured, smiling sadly.

“What happened to your arm?” he asked, looking down at my bandaged forearm.

I switched my binder to my other arm and frowned. “I dropped the vase and got a piece of glass in my arm. I took it out and stitched it up,” I explained.

“Yourself?” he asked, a look of shock and surprise on his face.

“Yeah,” I told him. “It actually didn’t hurt much.”

“Pain junkie,” he joked.

“No,” I denied it.

He chuckled, “I’m just joking, Charlie.”

“Okay . . .”

“Hey I’m gonna—”

He was cut off short as I bumped into a tall figure and fell back onto the hot asphalt. He turned around and looked down at me. Ugh, it was Jimmy.

He chuckled, “Watch where you’re goin’, McKnight.”

“Oh shut up, Sullivan,” I snapped as Johnny helped me up.

Jimmy patted my back. “I’d tell you to make me, but I really don’t want you to.”

I rolled my eyes as his girlfriend tramped over and clung onto his arm. “Let’s go, Jimmy,” she slurred.

Oh my god, the slut had the nerve to come to school wasted. That was a new low for her.

“Bye whore!” she called as they walked off.

Brian stared at my chest for a few more seconds before Zacky ended up pulling him away.

“Ugh what assholes,” Johnny muttered as we walked into the school. Pheobe was at her locker, putting books away. We walked over to her and Johnny smiled. Everyone could tell he had the cutest crush on her and it was so adorable it made me want to dance and sing.

“Hey Pheobe,” he smiled, rubbing the back of his neck.

She looked at him. Her eyes were bloodshot, her face was extremely pale, as white as a ghost, and she looked dull and lifeless. “Hey,” she replied slowly.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

“Fine.”

“Two syllables already, I feel so special,” I mused sarcastically.

The bell rang before Pheobe or Johnny could reply, telling me to shut up, and we went our separate ways. As I was walking to my locker, I noticed Jimmy standing in front of it. I walked up to him and raised an eyebrow. “Um, James, you’re in front of my locker.”

“Oh am I? I’m so sorry, do you, perhaps, want me to move?” he asked sweetly.

“Perhaps I do,” I countered, smirking.

He rolled his eyes. And continued to stand there. “Jimmy, move,” I ordered him.

“I have a freedom to stand wherever I please,” he snapped.

“I hate you so much,” I mumbled before walking into the classroom.

“Hate you too!” he replied cheerily.

I groaned and sat down in my seat. Today was going to be a long, long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, I've decided that the best thing to do is to rewrite this story because it was getting a bit difficult, and I think it'll be easier now to understand and such. So, sorry for that.
Anyways, comments? They'd be great! <3

"I am Cookie Monster!" ;)