Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 19

(Craig's POV) (9/17/08)
I raised my head off of the couch's armrest and reached over for my phone, the loud ringing waking me up. I rubbed my eyes and flipped it open, not paying attention to who was calling. “Hello??”
“Hey, Craig? It's me, Max,” he said. Max from Escape The Fate? Why is he calling?
I replied, “Yeah, what's up?”
“Heard about what happened with blessthefall, sorry, man. That's fucked up,” he told me.
I shrugged, “Eh, it's fine, I guess. I heard what happened with Ronnie, sorry about that, too.”
“That's exactly why I'm calling you,” he stated.
I questioned, “Huh?”
He explained, “Well, we really need a singer right now. We know what you can do, and you're a great vocalist and screamer. So, we were wondering if you were interested in recording this album with us. We're planning on releasing it next month, so it's not a lot of time, but we have most of the music, but still need some of the lyrics written. So, are you interested in being our singer?”
I felt a smile form on my face, “Seriously? Is that even a question? I'd love to. You guys are great.”
“Oh, thank God! Thank you, Craig, seriously. You're a life saver,” Max thanked me.
I replied, the smile still on my face, “No, man, thank you.”
“We'll tell you the date we begin recording once the date is final,” he said.
I agreed, “Okay, cool. Talk to you later.”
“Bye,” he told me before hanging up.
I put my phone down, feeling happier than ever. This is exactly what I've been waiting for. Without blessthefall, I wouldn't be able to pay for this house anymore. Escape The Fate has a lot of fans, I'll be making good money. Plus, the guys in the band are kick ass people. This is perfect.
Gab walked in, a smile on her face. “What's up? You look so happy!”
“I'm the new lead singer of Escape The Fate,” I told her with a smile.
(Dani's POV) (10/15/08)
“So, Shane, what's new?” I questioned, walking behind the make-up counter.
Shane flipped his hair, “Did you know blessthefall is playing in Bakersfield next month?”
“Oh my God, really?” I questioned, astonished. “Didn't Craig leave the band?”
“Well, the have a new singer named Beau, and he is so fine,” he informed me, licking his lips at the end.
I laughed, “Only you, Shane. Only you.” Shane is my coworker at Wal-Mart, and he easily became my new best friend. He's totally cool, and easy to get along with. He also knows everything that's happened with me, Craig, Joe, and all of that. He's very comforting. “So, are you going to the show?”
He shook his head, “Nah, I'm gonna pass on that one. You should definitely go, though. But, more new info is that Escape The Fate is releasing a new album in like...a week or so...with Craig.”
“Ah. Probably not listening to that one,” I sighed.
He gave me a hug. “Aw, it's okay, Dani. Now! I have something very important to ask you!”
I nodded, “Okay, ask away!”
“Ya know how you said you started working here so you can get your own place?” he questioned, and I nodded in response. He continued, “Well, I was wondering if you'd like to move in with me, and we just split the rent 50/50?”
My jaw dropped, “You're serious? I'd love that!”
“Ah, great!” he exclaimed, giving me another hug. “Now! Let's get to work!”
Work passed pretty quick, as usual. Working at Wal-Mart doesn't really require a lot of skill. Shane gave me a ride back to the Avenged guys house and I walked in, being greeted by the sound of some video game involving shooting. Matt was sitting on the couch, paying very close attention to the game, not noticing me. Zack was sitting at the bar eating some fries, and Johnny, Jimmy and Brian were nowhere to be found. I walked over to the bar and sat beside Zack.
“Heya, Dani,” he greeted me. “How was work?”
“The usual. But, I have some news to tell you and the rest of the guys,” I informed him.
He nodded and stood up. “BAND MEETING!” he yelled, making Brian, Johnny and Jimmy walk down the stairs and Matt pause the video game. Everyone sat in the living room, and I stood in front of them, giving me a major deja vu moment.
“So, Dani, what's up?” Brian inquired.
I began, “Well you guys, thank you so much for taking me in for past two months. It's really what I needed, and I honestly can't thank you guys enough. Like I had said, I just needed to stay here until I could get enough money to buy my own place, and today, my coworker Shane, you guys know him, offered for me to move in with him. So, yeah, I'm movin' in with Shane.”
Jimmy told me, “Well, we're more than happy that we could help ya!”
“Yeah, Dani, these past two months were no trouble at all,” Matt said with a smile, revealing his dimples.
I grinned, “Still, I can't thank you guys enough. I would probably be living on the streets right now if you guys hadn't have done this for me.”
“So, when are you moving in?” Brian inquired.
I shrugged, “About a five days or so.”
“Well, you better keep in touch with us,” Johnny stated, pointing a finger at me.
Zack laughed, “Yeah, for once, the short shit is right. You gotta keep in touch.”
I nodded, “I will.” I sat on the couch. “Well, in the meantime, what's on TV?”
Everyone went into a normal conversation and we started flipping through channels. I'm gonna miss these guys. But, hey, I'm finally gonna be more on my own, actually paying for the place I have to live in. This is part of me getting back on my feet. I guess my life is just slowly but surely getting better and better.
(Craig's POV) (10/21/08)
“Ah, man, I'm so happy we got this album out,” Max told me, opening up another beer.
I smiled, “Hell yeah, man. This record kicks ass.”
Robert grinned and held up his beer, “Here's to a kick ass album and an amazing new addition to the band!”
We raised our beers along with him, then took gulps of them.
“So when does touring start?” I asked.
Monte answered, “About a week. You ready for it?”
“Of course! This is gonna be great,” I told him, completely ready for it.
Life is pretty great right now. In a kick ass band, released a new album, living with Gab, who's been helping me take care of Leila, has been great, and everything's working out perfect. Except for the fact that my life is missing one thing.
Dani.
Not a second has passed that she hasn't come to my mind.
I want her back. I need her back.
I still love her.