Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 20

(Dani's POV) (10/22/08)
“Well, guys, Shane's gonna pick me up soon,” I told all of the guys, who were sitting on the couch, as usual.
They all stood up and came towards me to give me a group hug. I was suffocated in the middle of it, but it was still a fantastic group hug.
“I'm gonna miss you, Dani,” Brian told me.
Johnny said, “You better come every now and then to visit.”
“And come to one of our shows and hang with us backstage,” Matt stated.
“And if you decide to get married again, invite us,” Jimmy informed me.
“Make him your Maid of Honor,” Johnny joked, making Jimmy laugh.
Zacky ended it with, “It was awesome having you here.”
I sighed, “Guys, you're gonna make me tear up. I'm gonna miss y'all, too!”
They all let go and I heard a knock on the door, signaling that Shane was here. I opened it and saw Shane, wearing his usual attire, skinny jeans and some band shirt, this time it was a Bring Me The Horizon shirt. His smile grew when he saw the Avenged guys, and he was obviously checking out Matt, his “A7X love.”
“Heya!” he greeted cheerfully, as he always is.
The guys, in return, waved and gave him a simple. “Hey.”
I told the guys, “Well, I guess I'll be going now, bye! I'm really gonna miss y'all.”
They left me with one last wave before Shane and I walked out of the house together. We got into his small black car and I looked at the A7X house one last time before Shane drove off. Shane turned on the CD player and “Reckless” by Papa Roach came on. Damn, I still love this band.
“I'm reckless, oh, so reckless! God save me, from this madness!!!” Shane sang at the top of his lungs.
I just laughed at him and enjoyed the song. Soon enough, we were at his house, which was a one story house, but it still looked pretty big. He led me into the house, immediately taking me to my room. It was a big bedroom, with a walk-in closet and a pretty decent restroom connected to it.
“I love it, Shane! Thank you so much!” I exclaimed, tightly hugging him.
He hugged me with the same force, “It's no problem! I'm so happy to have an awesome roomie!” He let go of me and said, “Well, I'm gonna let you unpack and all of that. Call me when you're done so we can go eat something!”
I nodded, “Okay!” and he left the room. I opened up my suitcase and started pulling clothes out of it and moving them to the huge ass closet. I don't even think I have enough clothes to fit in here. Who in the entire world has enough clothes to fill this entire closet?! Geez. Oh well, it's still roomy.
Once I finished moving my clothes and sorting out all of my crap, I decided to lay down on the bed for little bit to relax. I smiled, thinking of how great my life was becoming. I have a house with a friend, that I actually pay for part of, I haven't been drinking and I've got a job. This is fantastic.
(Craig's POV) (10/27/08)
“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Leila. Happy birthday to you!” we all sang, gathered around Leila at the table. She giggled and blew out the two glistening candles on the cake before her. She clapped her hands, along with everyone else, as the went out.
Gab questioned, “Who wants cake?”
Everyone approached her saying, “ME!”
I laughed and looked over at Leila, who looked happier than ever. I love my baby girl.
Max, Robert, Monte, their girlfriends, my mom and my dad were the only ones invited to Leila's birthday party, since I really had no one else to invite. My old band and I haven't patched things up yet, and I don't think we will, even though I wish we could, and of course, Dani and I...I don't even know anymore. I haven't spoken to her at all, but I miss her more than ever. I just pray that she still feels the same way.
Tour was starting in a few days in support of This War Is Ours, and we happened to have a show in L.A., where I assumed Dani still was. I'm extremely worried for the show, even though it's December. I don't know what will happen, she could be there and we could talk and work things out, or she could completely ignore me at the show. She could also just not show up. I'm really hoping that's not the case.
“Craig, do you want cake?” Gab asked me, holding a plate and a fork.
I nodded and took the plate, “Yeah.” I sat beside Leila as she dug her hands into the piece she was given. I wasn't gonna correct her and make her use a fork. This was her day, if she wants to eat cake with her hands, then dammit, let her eat cake with her hands.
I wasn't sure if I should give up hope when it comes to finding Dani again. It happened once before, but I doubt fate will bring us together again. That was all luck. Gab says I shouldn't...and that if I really love her I should go out and find her, or that if we're meant to be together, then fate will bring us together again.
God, I sure do hope so.
(Dani's POV) (11/17/08)
I pulled on a black blessthefall shirt, one of the ones that Craig gave me, and some dark blue skinny jeans. I slipped on some Vans and double-checked my hair and make-up. Perfect. I walked into the living room, where Shane was watching some music videos. I plopped down on the couch beside him.
He smiled, “You ready to rock tonight, huh?”
I nodded, “Hell, I'm always ready to rock! Can't wait to see their new singer!”
“Pleaaaase take a picture of him for me! He's so sexy!” Shane practically begged.
I laughed and assured him, “Fine, fine, I will!”
He grinned, “GOOD. So have you decided on the ETF show? I'll definitely be going to that one.”
“I think I really want to...ya know...maybe talk to...him?” I replied, still unsure.
He nodded, completely understanding. “It's okay, Dani. Whatever you decide, I'm here for ya!”
I hugged him, “Gah, Shane! You're so fuckin' cool.”
He laughed, “I have been told. So are you ready to see the BTF guys again?”
“Yeah, I'm sure it won't be that hard. Unless they're still holding something against me after all of that...Joe crap...,” I immediately started worry. What if they actually are holding something against me? I hope not...
Shane sighed, “Daannniii! Don't worry!!! Everything will be fiiinnee! REPEAT AFTER ME: FINE!”
“FINE. Ah, okay. Well, I think I'm gonna start heading off to the venue. It's an hour long drive, I should be able to get all my nerves settled before I get there,” I told him.
He nodded, “Kay, Dani. Call me if you need anything.”
“Will do,” I said before leaving our house and walking to his car. He was allowing me to take it for the hour long ride to Bakersfield. Which is good, because I'm an awesome driver.
I started driving and put on Avenged Sevenfold's self-titled album on. The music relaxed me, and my nerves would surely pass by the time I arrived in Bakersfield.
Time to see some old friends.