Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 07

(Courtney's POV)
“Excuse me?” I inquired.
He replied, “Wait...Dani?”
“Hell no! Fucker, listen, you better not fuck up Dani and Craig's relationship!” I shouted.
He responded, “What? I'm not!”
“Then what the fuck kinda text message is 'You look fucking hot', hmm?”
He raised his voice. “Look, I don't know who the fuck you are so-”
“Hey! Don't you fucking raise your voice at me, asshole! Who the fuck do you think you are? First, you make out with her and don't think she hasn't told us about the other move you made on her! She is happily married to Craig, and I swear to God if you fuck that up, I will cut your fucking nuts off and feed it to a herd of wild bears. You understand?”
Haylee dropped her jaw and signaled for me to hand her the phone. I got all steamed up, which is bad. It was better if she had the phone.
(Haylee's POV)
I gave Leila to Court and took the phone away from her. She was way too steamed up to argue like a regular human being. I'm more calm than she is, this'll help. I don't get all angry like her.
“Hello?” I questioned.
The guy on the other line inquired, “Are you still that creepy bitch?”
“Don't call her that, and no, this is the creepy bitch's friend.”
“Good. What the fuck is going on? Why do you two have Dani's phone?”
I sighed, “Even more important, why are you sending her a text like that? She is married and has a kid. Why would you fucking jeopardize that?”
“I'm fucking sorry that I have the hots for her. I can't help it. Now, can you two just leave me the hell alone!?”
“Don't fucking talk to Dani again if you're gonna pull this shit!” I screamed.
Court dropped her jaw at me.
He replied, “I can talk to whoever the fuck I want to!”
“No, you can't. If you try to flirt with her or anything like that, I will get the 'creepy bitch' to kill you! Fuck, I will join in on it too!”
“Fuck this shit. Dani did actually go along with making out the second time. At first, at least.”
“Excuse me?!?”
Then he hung up.
I dropped the phone on the couch and rested my head in my hands. She would never go along with it. She didn't go far...I think. I hope.
(Dani's POV)
Craig took me to the first Olive Garden we could find. Their food is delicious! We sat on a bench, waiting to be taken to our table.
“Baby, I love you. I want you to know, I would never do anything to ever hurt you,” I told him, taking his hand in mine.
He smiled, pecking my lips. “Of course, baby. I know that. I would never hurt you either.”
I blushed. I looked to the left and saw a girl wearing a blessthefall shirt there with her boyfriend. I was just waiting for her to walk up to Craig.
“Craig? A fan is gonna come up to you in a second,”I warned.
He laughed, “How do you-”
“Hey, are you Craig Mabbitt? From blessthefall?” the girl asked.
I smiled at him and he told her, “Yeah, and you are?”
“Jamie, and this is my boyfriend, Kyle,” she replied, seeming a bit nervous.
I grinned, “Jamie, chill. I can tell you're nervous. It's fine.”
She smiled, looking down. “Sorry, I'm just a huge fan.”
“Well, I love to meet fans. By the way, this is Danielle, my wife,” Craig told her.
She said, “Oh, well it's great meeting both of you. I'll leave you guys alone now. Bye!”
“Bye,” me and Craig stated in unison.
I questioned, tracing little circles on his hand with my finger, “Do you always go through that?”
“Not all the time. Usually only after shows. Ya know? Groupies? And then there is the normal fans.”
I smiled, “You better not be foolin' around with any hoes.”
He laughed, “God, Dani. You know I would never do that to you.”
I sighed, “I love you.”
He embraced me tightly in his arms.
“Never let go,” I whispered.
He kissed my forehead. “Don't worry.”
“Mabbitt, party of 2?” Everytime I heard those words I thought of our dinner after the whole church problem with his parents.
~
He grinned and reached into his pocket. As he pulled out a black box, my heart raced. He set it in front of me and I stared at it in disbelief.
"Go ahead! Open it," he urged.
I opened it and saw a gold necklace with a heart made of purple crystal. I loved it. It was gorgeous.
"Do you like it?" he questioned.
"Are you kidding?!? I love it!" I exclaimed.
He got up offering, "Let me put it on you."
He took the necklace out and hooked it around my neck. He sat back down grinning at me.
"It matches you. You're beautiful just like the necklace. That's why I picked it out," he informed me sincerely.
I was on the verge of tears, "Thank you so much, Craig."
"No problem, anything to make you happy."
I then noticed a note in the box. I took it out and read it.
You make me the happiest of all men,
I'll remain the happiest of all men.
If God takes me before you,
I just want you to know, I love you,
And you made me the strongest of all men,
Close your eyes, let's meet in our dreams tonight.
I felt a tear go down my cheek.
~
It seemed so long ago. Man, I miss those times when we were younger. I wish I could change things though.
First, I would've stayed with Craig those years. Second, I would've never accidentally kill one of my best friends and daughter... I hate living with the guilt of that accident.
Leaving a random candle lit, candle falls, setting the place on fire, it burns to the ground...no survivors.
Everything happens for a reason, right?
I felt my head suddenly grow weak. I put my head in my hand, taking slow, deep breaths. “Cr-craig? I don't...I don't feel good,” I stuttered. I grabbed Craig's shoulder and he put his arm around me. I slowly sat down on my knees and then I didn't remember anything.
(Craig's POV)
Oh, God. She's fainted.
“Dani? Dani?” I questioned. I picked her up and walked off to my car, sitting her down. “Baby? You okay?”
She blinked her eyes opened, “W-water?”
I handed her a random bottle of water in my car and she slowly sipped it. “What happened? Did I...did I faint?”
“Yeah, what happened before you fainted, hun?”
“I started thinking about things...must've hurt my head way too much.”
“Oh, well, do you wanna go home?”
“Sure...”