Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

I’ll Gladly Take Your Soul

I let the warm water fall on my back as I stared at the wall in front of me. Today was the Christmas party which started promptly at 5:30, it was late afternoon. I spent most of the day moping around in my room, avoiding everyone. My father and Draco’s father had yet to show up, and I figured they would show up when the guests arrive.
I stepped out of the shower and wrapped the towel around my body, I put on my undergarments and walked over to my bed. Slowly and carefully I slid the dress on. I

I grabbed my wand and used a simple spell to pull the zipper in the back up. The dressed hugged my nicely and I looked at myself in the reflection. I took down my hair and did another simple spell that perfectly dried and did my hair in loose curls. I walked into the bathroom and did simple make up, only putting on blush, black eyeliner and mascara. When I was finished with that I slipped on my black heels and walked over to my jewelry box.

I opened it tenderly and grabbed my black studded earrings and placed them in my ears. I looked down at my clock and realized it was 5. I sighed and walked out of my room, grabbing my wand, and walked over to Draco’s door. Tonight he was my date, and we we’re expected to greet everyone while they joined us at the Malfoy Manor. I knocked on his door softly and he opened it.

I smiled softly up at him. He was dressed in his usually all black suit, nice dress shoes and his hair placed perfectly atop his head. He looked at me and smiled, it wasn’t the smile Draco usually smiles at me though. No it wasn’t my smile because this smile was forced.

“You look stunning,” He whispered to me as we linked arms. I smiled softly at him, “As do you Draco.”

After we reached the stairs Draco stopped and I looked up at him with confusion.

“It’s all going to be alright,” He murmured to me and then he continued to walk down the stairs dragging me with him.

I sighed and realized I must have been tense and he noticed, which was why he gave meempty words of encouragement. As we reached the bottom of the stairs Narcissa rushed over to us and smile broadly.

“You two look stunning, absolutely stunning,” She gushed, “If only you would actually wear colors though. You both always look as if your going to a funeral.”

I chuckled lightly and realized both Draco and I we’re wearing black clothing.

“Everyday is someone’s funeral,” I smirked lightly and Narcissa chuckled.
“Yes, I supposed so. You look beautiful Alexandria,” She smiled, “The Dark Lord will be pleased.”

I froze at her words. He was going to be here? The Dark Lord was going to be here tonight? I suddenly felt light headed and gripped Draco’s arm. Draco must have noticed my uneasiness and he put his hand on the small of my back. Narcissa frowned and pulled up a chair, allowing me to take a seat.

I sat for a moment, just gazing at the air in front of me before I spoke.

“I’m glad the Dark Lord will be pleased, now we should get to the living room, guests will be arriving soon,” I muttered and stood up. Draco and Narcissa exchanged a look before Draco grabbed my hand and lead me to the living room. As we walked into the living room a knock my father and Lucius appeared in the fireplace.

Draco let go of my hand and shook his fathers hand, while Narcissa placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. I looked at my father will a blank expression and he returned the same look.

“Alexandria,” He greeted, bowing his head slightly. His once short hair was now medium length and slicked back to perfection. His strong blue eyes, which I inherited, we’re looking at me with a look only telling me he was trying to see my feelings. “Father,” I greeted him, holding my chin up high in a pompous manner.

“I see you’re wearing the dress, very good. Very good,” He noted, “The Dark Lord said he would be here late, most likely after dinner. So as soon as everyone else arrive we may begin.”

Narcissa nodded and said she was going to go speak with the house elves. My father and Lucius went into the dining hall and took their seats early.
The next person to arrive was Bellatrix; she smiled broadly at Draco and I.
“Lovely! You too look lovely!” She gushed and kissing me on the cheek first before kissing Draco’s cheek. I noticed she stopped to whisper something in his ear, before she fled off to the dining hall. I ignored it and Draco and I waited to greet the rest of the people. Goyle’s and Crabbe’s fathers showed up and eventually, everyone was there.

Not counting the Dark Lord, of course.

Draco grabbed my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze as we made our way over to the dining hall. Dinner was full of boasting and talking of the Dark Lord. I avoided all conversation and spoke only when I was spoken too. Draco was the same, occasionally he would talk to his father or Bella, who was no stranger to a conversation. I barley touched my food, only eating so people wouldn’t talk to me.

“Dear Alexandria,” Bella called out during dinner, and I looked up and forced myself to smile at her.

“You’re very quiet, much like your father. Your mother always loved a good conversation,” Bella spoke, “Oh, how you look like her. You have all her features except for the eyes. You have your father’s eyes which s very good. Very good indeed. Your mother was never good at hiding her emotions in her eyes, but you re like your father. You can hide even the darkest of secrets in those pretty blue eyes of yours.”

My hand twitched on my lap and I, again, forced myself to smile at Bellatrix.

“Thank you Bella, I’m glad that my eyes are very much like my fathers,” I spoke.

“Yes,” She smiled, “The Dark Lord would like that very much.”

Draco tensed beside me and I frowned.

“Well, everyone to the living room,” Lucius ordered and everyone stood up and made their way. Draco walked ahead of me and my father behind me. Before I could step out of the dining hall my father grabbed me roughly by arm.

I spun around to scowl at him.

“You will not mess this up tonight? Do you hear me? Do nothing to ruin what you have been blessed with,” He growled before brushing past me into the hall.

I snarled at his back side and walked behind him into the living room. Everyone was sitting around on the couches or chairs. Draco sat on the small couch in the middle of the room, the seat beside him was empty. Slowly, I walked over to the seat and sat down. I felt uncomfortable as everyone watched Draco’s and my every movement.

“We have some news to attend to before the Dark Lord arrives we need this to be sorted out,” My father spoke glancing at me quickly before looking around the room.

“Yes,” Lucius continued, “We have some news about my son, Draco, and Zanders daughter, Alexandria.”

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a moment, waiting for my father to reveal my secret to Draco.

“Only few of you know this, but my daughter and Lucius’ son have been given a great honor,” My father spoke, a hint of pride in his voice, “They have been chosen by the Dark Lord to be his youngest death eaters.”

I froze, my mouth falling open.

Draco? My Draco was a death eater?

I looked at Draco, and I could feel the tears in my eyes begging to be let out. He looked as shocked as I did, but he wouldn’t look at me. I looked at my father, boiling with rage.

I didn’t care how bad I looked right now, my vision was red and all I wanted was to yell at him, so I did.

“You did this on purpose right?” I stood up and looked at my father, a challenging look on my face, “I was the first youngest. But you told him about Draco, didn’t you? You dragged him into all of this?”

“I did not such thing, now take a seat,” My fathers voice boomed. Unlike most people who would have felt awkward in a situation like this, most of the death eaters were simply amused.

“No,” I growled, my lips curling into a sneer, “How could you? You forced this upon me and now your going to make the only person who cares for me do this?”

“It was the Dark Lords wishes, now take a seat!” My father ordered pulling out his wand and pointing it at me.

I pulled out my wand and matched him, pointing it at him.

“Please, both of you calm down!” Lucius spoke up, he knew my father best. And since I was always around Draco he probably knew a lot about me. And two things I inherited from my father was pride in oneself, and a boiling temper.

I had too much pride and anger to put my wand down.

“Expelliarmus,” I called and my father’s wand flew from his hand. My father turned to glare at me and I put my wand down, sneering at him.

“Why didn’t you tell us this earlier?” Draco spoke up for the first time, his voice shaking with what sounded like rage.

“Well we didn’t have a reason to know did we? But now that we’re are going to change Alexandria’s task to revolve around yours Draco – ”

“What?” Draco and I both interrupted, my ‘what’ was more confused while Draco’s was more angered.

“You can’t do that!” Draco stated, his hands shaking.

“Do not question me,” Lucius raised his voice, “And I cannot but the Dark Lord can. And he did!”

Draco shook his head, putting his face in his hands muttered ‘no’ over and over.
“Why has my task been changed?” I asked.

“Because the task was useless, this task will be of much more help,” My father stated, his eyes sending me a hard glare.

“Why are you doing this to me?” I asked through clenched teeth, “You’re trying to take everything I care for away from me!”

“I am not!” My father boomed.

“First mum and now –”

I didn’t get to finish my sentence as my head whipped to the side, my cheek burning with pain. My father had slapped me. Never had he ever slapped me before.

“Don’t you dare bring your mother into this!” He yelled.

“Zander maybe you should calm down,” Bellatrix stated.

“Hush Bella, I’m parenting,” My father snarled.

“Parenting?” I laughed, “You haven’t been a good parent since mum died.”

Slap

My head whipped to the side again and from the corner of my eye, I saw Bella holding Draco down.

I turned my head and glared at my father taking a step back. He grabbed my elbow and I pulled out my wand.

“Imperio!” I called and my father froze, I glared at him and forced him to take a step back from me.

Before I could do anything else a sudden sharp pain hit me forcefully and my wand fell from my hand. I fell to the floor curling in pain, I was grasping the carpet roughly and breathing harshly.

“Draco! No!” Bellatrix called, and in an instant Draco was by my side on the floor.

Suddenly the pain in my body stopped, and I breathed out heavily.

“Go back to your seat Draco,” A sickening voice stated. In a moment, Draco was gone from my vision. My head pounded with pain and I turned to look at who had casted a crucio curse on me.

My eyes meet with dark ones, and I tensed as I looked into the eyes of the Dark Lord.

He grasped my upper arm and swiftly picked me up, forcing me to stand on my feet. His touch was cold and almost slimy and his fingers felt like bones that have been crushed.

“Alexandria, haven’t you ever heard of respecting your elders?” He asked, a smile on his face.

“Yes my Lord,” I stated, “I’m very sorry.”

“Now, apologize to your father,” He stated turning me around to look at my father.

I didn’t look into my father’s eyes as I spoke to him, “Sorry father.”

“Now, take a seat beside Draco,” He ushered me to the chair. As quickly as my body would let me I rushed over to the chair. With every step I took my body fought against me, I felt sore. Like if I had spent the entire day playing Quidditch.

“Now, Draco and Alexandria, “Voldemort smiled, “Welcome my newest death eaters, not to mention the youngest as well.”

“It’s an honor my Lord,” I spoke, Draco repeating my words.

“Of course it is, but as you’ve been told Alexandria. Your task has been changed,” Voldemort spoke, “You will be helping Draco in his task to finish the vanishing cabinet. And you will help him in successfully killing Dumbledore.”

“My Lord,” Draco spoke, “If you don’t mind me asking, why does Alexandria have to help me?”

“Well Draco, I know you are perfectly capable of fixing the cabinet yourself, but I need Alexandria here to make sure it happens quickly. I also need another favor of you Miss Nethers,” He spoke.

“What is it my Lord?” I asked, my throat becoming dry.

“I hear you are friends with a certain boy who lived?” Voldemort asked, and my heart began to fall.

“I need you to become great friends with him, gain all his trust,” Voldemort spoke, “I need you to make him fall in love with you. He would give his life to those he loves."

I let out a shaky breath and nodded, “Of course my Lord.”

The Dark Lord smiled sickeningly at me and motioned for me to stand up, I stood up and walked over to him.

“You look very much like your mother,” He answered his voice sounding a bit weak, “But you have your fathers attitude. Your mother was too kind hearted, a bit weak.”

I cringed but kept my mouth shut.

Voldemort reached into his cloak like robe and pulled out a necklace, hanging off of the chain of the necklace was a snake with small diamonds covering it.

“This was your mothers,” Voldemort stated pulling the necklace over my head and around my neck.

“Thank you my Lord,” I mumbled before returning to sit beside Draco.

“Draco, Alexandria,” Lucius spoke, “You can leave now, the rest of us must discuss some things.”

I didn’t even think twice before I stood up and raced up the steps, I rushed to my room but before I could reach the door a hand shot out and grabbed my arm.

I looked at Draco and his gaze was so intense I could feel tears prickle my eyes and Draco pulled me to his chest.

And in a quick moment I burst into tears, clutching onto Draco as if my life depended on it.
♠ ♠ ♠
LINKS
outfit
necklace

Okay, so not as good as I wanted it to be. But never the less I really hoped you guys liked this. Comments would be loved. :) Thanks so much to those who commented my last update.

xoxo,
Alexa.