Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

In Love With My Bestfriend

Draco and I we’re lying down on my bed, it’s been an hour since Voldemort left the house and I had stopped crying about 20 minutes ago. My throat hurt, my head ached and my eyes burned. Draco and I had already changed into our pj’s. I wore long sweatpants and one of Draco’s shirts while he wore a wife beater and plaid pajama bottoms.
Draco was holding my hand tightly and all I could do was stare at his arm, the same mark that was on my arm was on his. I brought my hand up and traced the snake down his arm. His shivered slightly and I frowned, pulling my hand back.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Draco asked me, breaking our long silence.

“Why didn’t you ever tell me?” I retorted back softly.

Draco stayed quiet for a minute before speaking again, “When did you become a death eater?”

“Right after my mother died,” I stated and Draco looked at me shocked, “You know how much anger I had built up in me and Voldemort liked that. So I was forced by my father to join.”

“We’re the chosen ones,” Draco mumbled and I looked up at him, furrowing my eyebrows.

“We’re the youngest death eaters,” Draco stated, “We have a lot to prove.”

I scoffed, “I have nothing to prove.”

“You have everything to prove, if you don’t do what he says he could kill you,” Draco stated sitting up. Since I was leaning on his shoulder I sat up with him.

“At this point I couldn’t care- ”

“You care about me right?” Draco asked me but didn’t let me answer, “You have to do what he says. No matter how much I’m against…Potter falling in love with you. You have to do it.”

I frowned, “You know he won’t trust me if we’re friends.”

“You’ll find a way,” Draco mumbled kissing the top of my head, “You’re smart.”

“But I don’t want him to hurt Harry,” I spoke softly.

Draco sighed, “As much as I dislike Potter, I know you care for him as a friend. But your life is more important to me than his.”

“I rather have my friend live than me,” I chuckled and looked at Draco, “I rather sacrifice my own life for a stranger.”

“Don’t,” Draco spoke harshly, “You would not because I wouldn’t let you.”

A single tear rolled down my cheek and I looked down at my hands, my eyes traveled up my arm and at the familiar skull and snake that was forever to be on my arm.

“I didn’t want this,” I muttered and Draco sighed.

“Let’s change the subject, it’s Christmas and a lot of people have sent you presents,” Draco stated standing up. I looked at my clock and it was almost midnight. Narcissa and Lucius we’re probably already sleeping. Draco held out his hand and I took it standing up. We walked silently down the stairs and over to the large Christmas tree. I smiled lightly and sat on the floor, Draco sitting beside me.

“Why do you have so many?” Draco asked, handing me multiple boxes.

I shrugged and opened the present from the Weasley’s, I giggled softly when I saw a green sweater marked with a large A. Ron sent me chocolate frogs and the Weasley twins sent me some of their love potion.

Hermione sent me some muggle books and I smiled, Draco seemed slightly disgusted by them but didn’t say anything as he continued to open his presents. I grabbed the next present that was from Blaise and opened it and smiled at the stuffed animal. I giggled softly and pulled the plush toy snake out of the box and shoved it in Draco’s face.

“Look what Blaise got me, isn’t it adorable?” I smiled.

Draco rolled his eyes and pushed the snake out of his face, “Yes, adorable.”

I reached over and grabbed the present from Harry and glanced at Draco. He was watching me and I slowly opened the rather large gift. There was a note attatched to the box and I read it.

Alex,
Thank you so much for the present. It was a brilliant idea for you to give me the Quidditch supplies. I was in need of some new things. I hope you enjoy my present. Remember, if Malfoy ever gets on your nerves I’m here for you.
Your friend,
Harry Potter.


I smiled lightly and set the note down to which Draco immediately snatched and read.
I opened the box and my mouth fell open slightly, as pulled out the small charm bracelet. I gazed at the charms that we’re hanging off of it and smiled lightly.

“Potter seems to fancy you already,” Draco spat at me glaring at the bracelet, his voice raising slightly.

I flinched slightly, “Hush Draco.”

“Hush? Don’t tell me to hush Ria,” Draco spat, “Look t what Potter gave you! Your task is to have him fall in love with you, but knowing how you are you’ll end up falling in love with him!”

I frowned, hurt by how he was speaking to me, “Draco –”

“You’re aready friends with Potter, I mean it wouldn’t take him long to fall in love with you. Everybody loves you, I have no idea why you we’re put into Slytherin. You sure don’t act like one sometimes,” Draco rambled, “You hang out with Potter, the mudblood and the blood traitor.”

“Draco stop it,” I muttered, turning my head.

“I don’t understand why you even talk to them, I mean they’re always out for attention and all they –”

“Draco!” I interrupted, “Stop it, stop it now!”

“Why?!” Draco burst throwing his hands up in the air, “I’m going to lose my only friend and, and –”

“Is that what this is about?” I asked Draco, and he silenced.

I sighed, and crawled over next to Draco. He stayed still, resting his hands on his lap as he avoided my gaze.

I sighed and grabbed one of his hands, I began to fiddle with his fingers. We sat in silence for a couple minutes, he continued to avoid my gaze while I continued to fiddle with his slender fingers.

“You know I’ll always be there for you Draco,” I whispered as I stopped fiddling with his fingers and held his hand tightly.

Draco remained silent, so I continued.

“If I had to decide whether to risk my own life just to save yours, I would do it Draco,” I whispered and Draco squeezed my hand.

“No you wouldn’t,” Draco whispered, his gaze turning to look at our hands, “I wouldn’t let you.”
“Can I give you my present now?” I asked him, and he smiled faintly at me and nodded. I reached forward, letting go of his hand and grasped the small box.

Smiling gently I handed it to Draco, Draco slowly untied the ribbon and opened the box. A smile stretched onto his face and he looked up at me.

“Thank you so much love,” He laughed lightly as he took out the ring.

“Slytherin Prince needs his ring,” I teased, a gentle smile on my face.

Draco leaned forward and pressed his lips to my forehead. The small gesture sent waves of electricity through my entire body and I blushed lightly.

“I’ll have to give you my present tomorrow,” Draco whispered, “It appears it hasn’t arrive yet.”

“Hasn’t arrived? Draco I don’t want anything to extravagant…” I muttered to him.

Draco smiled, “I know you don’t. But I let me spoil you.”

I chuckled softly and lied down on the floor, Draco lying down with me. I smiled at him and lifted myself up so I could rest my head on his chest.

He twirled my air around while I fiddled with his fingers, and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

Third Persons

Draco watched as the beautiful girl slowly began to stop fiddling with his fingers , her eyes dropped and he head moved lazily to its side. He smiled lightly and closed his eyes, and going to sleep himself. But not before muttering three words to the now sleeping Alexandria.

The next morning Narcissa, Lucius and Zander woke up early and made their way to the dining hall. On their way there they noticed the two teens lying on the floor, asleep in each others arms.

“I wonder when they’ll realize they’re meant to be,” Narcissa muttered to both men as she looked at her son.

“Who knows,” muttered Lucius, admiring his son and the Nethers girl, “But hopefully she doesn’t slip away.”

“Hopefully, neither of them get distracted or get themselves killed,” Zander mused, “You know how they feel about each other. Everyone does except them. And if one of them in anyway is harmed, the other won’t hesitate to help.”
“That’s what I’m worried about,” Lucius muttered, “She’s supposed to make Potter fall in love with her. And being as kind hearted as she can be, its going to be a hard task for her. As well as Draco.”

Zander frowned, “She can be cold hearted at times.”

“Yes, but only when it comes to her mother,” Narcissa stated, “And my son. She’ll do anything to protect their honour.”

“Let’s hope they don’t get themselves killed,” Lucius muttered before walking out of the den
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter! :D<3 Comments would be loved greatly. I'll probably update again later today or tomorrow.
Any guess as to what Draco said?

xoxo
Alexa