Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

On A Mission, Then Our Hearts Combined

Draco stood up and motioned for Alexandria to wait a moment, he walked up the stairs to his dormitory and Alex stared at the open fire. Her mind buzzed with ideas, she knew Potter wouldn’t trust her if she was still friends with Draco, so she needed to talk to Draco and tell him that they could only speak when working on the cabinet. And she really hated that.

Draco appeared in front of her a small jewelry box in his hand, she smiled seeing the ring she gave him resting on his thing fingers. She smiled as he slowly opened the box to reveal a bracelet, it appeared to be white gold and hanging off the bracelet – like a charm- was a small compass that was pointing in Draco’s direction. Alexandria smiled and reached for the bracelet, it was beautiful.

“This is gorgeous Draco,” She smiled at him picking up the bracelet tenderly and examining it. Draco smirked at her, “You can wear this instead of what Saint Potter gave you.”

Alexandria sighed, “You know I can’t do that Draco. He’ll notice, but I will wear this and Harry’s bracelet.”

Draco sighed and placed the bracelet on the wrist that also had the snake bracelet he gave me, “Now this bracelet is special, the compass is not an ordinary compass.”

Alexandria looked at Draco confused, “What do you mean Draco?”

“Anytime you need me, I’m always here for you,” Draco stated, “You know that don’t you Ria?”

“Of course, and I’m here for you,” She answered, her eyebrows knitting together.

“This compass, every time of day, will point you to my direction,” Draco stated, “When you need me most, just follow the compass. And when it seems as if it is glowing, that means I’m in danger.”

Alexandria smiled at Draco and threw her arms around his neck, “Thank you so much Draco. You don’t know how much this means to me.”

Draco chuckled as she pulled away pulling out a necklace hidden under his shirt, “And this will always lead me to you, and glow when you’re in danger. They’re both charmed that way.”

Alexandria smiled at Draco widely, after a couple seconds her smile faltered and grew into a frown.

“What’s the matter?” Draco asked, slightly confused at the rapid mood change.

“Draco,” Alex sighed, “You know…my task. Potter won’t trust me if you and me a friends.”

Draco frowned, something he’d been doing a lot lately, “Oh.”

“The only time we should talk, is when we’re fixing the cabinet,” Alexandria said sadly, Draco smiled weakly.

“I go every night, so that won’t be so bad,” Draco stated, “But I think pretending that we’re no longer friends might be a bit hard.”

Alexandria stood on her feet as well as Draco, “I should leave now and try to find Potter. If anyone asks, you and me had a spat over winter break and no longer speaking.”

Draco frowned and nodded, he felt as if he was losing his only friend. And Alexandria felt the same.

“You know where the room is, I’ll see you there tonight at midnight,” Draco stated and hugged Alexandria tightly. She clung to his black suit jacket and inhaled his scent.

Once they let go of each other Alexandria went on her tip-toes and kissed Draco lightly on the check, then without another word she walked out of the room.

Alexandria’s POV

My lips tingled slightly as I walked out of the room, I began wondering the halls, making my way towards the Great Hall. I spotted Harry and Hermione chatting outside of the doors, it was Sunday and no one had classes so most people we’re wandering around chatting.

“Hello Hermione,” I smiled then look at Harry, “Harry.”

“Hello Alexandria,” Hermione greeted, eyeing Harry as a pink tint spread across his cheeks, “How was your vacation at the Malfoy Manor?”

I feigned disgust and the two looked at her questioningly.

“What was that face for?” Harry asked.

“Draco and I are no longer speaking to each other,” I stated and sighed.

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that,” Hermione stated sounding sincere, “Do you think you two will ever be friends again?”

I shook my head, “I doubt it, it was pretty bad.”

Hermione frowned, “Well I know this might be weird since you’re a Slytherin and Ron, Harry and I are Gryffindors but you could always hang out with us if you wanted to.”

I smiled, “I’d love that.”

“So…” a new voice started, “The Slytherin prince and princess are no longer speaking?”

I cringed slightly, “Hello Ronald.”

Ron grunted when Hermione smacked his arm with her book and told him not to be rude.

“Sorry Alex,” Ron muttered and I smiled softly.

“No worries Ron,” I smiled, “Well I was on my way to the library if anyone would like to join me.”

“Actually I was going to head over there right now too,” Harry stated quickly and Ron and Hermione nodded going their separate ways.

Harry and I walked together as he told me about his winter break, until out conversation slowly drifted over to Draco for some unknown reason.

“So what happened between you too?” Harry whispered as we sat in the back of the library.

I tensed slightly, “I rather not talk about it.”

“I’m here for you Alex, you can tell me,” Harry stated.

I sighed, “He just brought up some things that I would have rather left unsaid.”

Harry nodded his head, “Has he ever, ya’ know, talk about being a death eater?”

I tensed but quickly learned that I could use this to my advantage.

I turned to look at Harry, mustering up a hurt look in my face.

“Is that the only reason you’re talking to me Harry? To find out more about Draco?” I asked him, smirking at my victory on the inside, “Because if that’s the only reason then I’m out of –”

“No!” Harry interrupted me, grabbed my arm gently, “I didn’t mean if to come off like that. I was just curious, I’m sorry.”

I sighed, “I just don’t want to be your friend if you’re only trying to get to me because of Draco.”

Harry frowned, and again I resisted a smirk. Having him fall for this trap, even though it was cruel, it gave me some pride that I was manipulative and could trick Harry this easily.

“Sorry Alexandria,” Harry stated slinging an arm over my shoulder and pulling me close gently. I tried not to seem uncomfortable as I leaned into him slightly.

There was a scoff behind us and Pansy strolled up to Harry and I.

“What the bloody hell do you think your doing with Potter?” Pansy asked, spitting out Harry’s name in disgust, “Wouldn’t Draco just love to hear about this.”

Pansy smirked at the end, thinking she’d won some sort of battle.

I looked at her with an unamused expression, “Draco and I are not on speaking terms.”

Pansy grinned, “Really? I mean.. oh what a shame.”

“Buzz off Pansy,” I sneered evilly, “Or do you want me to come and hurt you.”

I stood up almost ready to pounce on Pansy but Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me back slightly.

Pansy smirked and pranced out of the library.

“Common sit down,” Harry stated, softly pushing down in the chair.

I frowned and pouted, “I really hate her.”

Harry laughed, “Don’t we all?”

I smirked.

“By the way, you look really cute when you pout like that,” Harry teased and I scrunched up my nose.

“Sure I do Potter,” I stated jokingly.

“Let’s change the subject shall we?”” Harry asked.

“Sure, what would you like to talk about Potter?” I asked.

“Let see… what do you see yourself being after Hogwarts? Career wise I mean,” Harry smiled.

A death eater my mind shouted at me and I ignored it.

“Well… I really wanted to get far in Quidditch,” I muttered, telling the truth, “But I doubt that will happen, my father doesn’t approve.”

Harry frowned, “You were brilliant at Quidditch. You we’re a mean chaser.”

I smirked, I was one of the best on the team, “I was ruthless.”

“You would push people off their brooms,” Harry chuckled, “You we’re almost as bad as Marcus Flint.”

“Ah, good ol’ Flint,” I smirked remembering my old friend, “He was a pervert, but a friend.”

Harry cringed, “He was rather gross…slightly weird.”

“Flint was amusing,” I chuckled, “He never shut up though.”

“Well we best get going to dinner,” Harry stated as we walked to the dining hall together. Once we reached the hall of course we split up, Harry went to the Gryffindor table while I made my way to Slytherin.

I received odd looks from Crabbe, Goyle and Blaise. Draco looked up at me quickly and then, avoided all eye contact. I sat at the end of the table, isolated from everyone else as I played with my food. I wasn’t hungry.

I glanced up at Draco and the boys, Pansy was hanging off of Draco’s arm while he ignored her.

I sighed and looked at my food, moving it around my plate again. I heard Pansy squeal and giggle and I sneered in disgust. I stood up quickly, gaining some peoples attention and walked out of the room. I went to my dormitory and changed into comfortable clothes, I set my things down and charmed myself putting an alarm clock in my head.

Sleep would probably be good before I go to the room.

I awoke with a jolt and grabbed my wand, turning off the silent alarm. I rubbed my eyes and grabbed my shoes. I quickly dressed in dark black jeans and a black sweatshirt.
I quickly slipped on my shoes and walked down the halls up to the seventh floor. I stood in front of the plain wall and closed my eyes thinking hard.
A door appeared and I quickly slipped inside. I glanced at the bracelet which was pointing ahead and followed it. Making my way through the room I stopped Draco staring at the cabinet.

“Draco…” I muttered and his head whipped around, his eyes softened and he smiled softly.

“Alexandria,” he greeted.

“So what are you doing Draco,” I asked as I stepped over to the cabinet.

“Making sure it works, it has some minor problems sometimes,” Draco stated, running his fingers along the cabinet.

“Rather stuffy in this room, don’t you think Draco?” I muttered and rolled up my sleeves, Draco cringed at the sight of my dark mark and I frowned.

“It shouldn’t bother you, I’m no different Draco,” I muttered, feeling slightly hurt.

Draco sighed, “I know your not any different. I just hate that you were sucked into this…mess.”

“I’ve been in it longer than you have Draco,” I muttered, avoiding his eyes.

Draco sighed again, “I know you have… and that pains me.”

“Why Draco?” I asked, “Why does it pain you?”

“That you shouldn’t be living like this, I hate to bring her up-”

“Then don’t!” I snapped shaking my head, “Don’t you dare.”

But he ignored me, “You know you mother would hate you doing this. Being a death eater… I mean the Dark Lord was-”

“Stop it Draco!” I bellowed, tears threatening to come from my eyes, “Stop it. I don’t want to hear it. I am what I am, her opinion…her opinion doesn’t matter anymore since she’s dead.”

The last part of the sentence was the most difficult, and that’s when I started to cry.

Draco reached forward to comfort me but I stepped away my lip quivering, “I can’t believe you brought her up. You know I hate that Draco.”

“Alexandria I didn’t mean too…I just want you to know that you don’t belong as a death eater- ”
“Neither do you,” I interrupted but he continued.

“You were so bloody good in Quidditch that I thought you had a career going for you,” Draco muttered, “I was surprised to hear you didn’t join this year.”

I frowned and turned away, “This was my fathers destiny for me.”

“As it was for me,” Draco muttered, “But what I’m trying to say is you should try to escape… escape from being a death eater.”

Draco’s eyes were shining with a hope that I was going to crush.

“No,” I muttered softly, “I’m not going to escape.”

Draco frowned and turned away.

“Not without you Draco, I’m going no where,” I muttered, "We're both promised to protect each other. We can't do that if we're seperated."

Draco smiled at me, and the simple smile made my heart melt. Because it reached his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfir

Alright, since I haven't updated in a few days here's a rather long chapter. 7 pages in word. :O haha. I have over 80 subs and only 48 comments? More please? :3 Haha.

Well I hope you enjoyed this one. :)

xoxo,
Alexa