Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

I Keep You With Me, In My Heart

“How is he?” I muttered to Harry, while Ginny and Hermione sat beside Ron in the hospital bed while Madame Pomfrey was checking his temperature.

“Better,” Harry nodded and smiled softly at me, “Awfully nice of you to visit him.”

I shrugged smiling, “He’s my friend too. I would feel terrible if I didn’t visit.”

Before Harry responded the sound of several shuffling foot steps made their way into the room. I turned my head to see McGonagall, Snape, Dumbledore and Slughorn walk into the room all looking at Ron with curious eyes.

“Quick thinking on your part Harry,” Dumbledore nodded at him, “You should be very proud of your student Horris.”

Slughorn tore his guilty gaze away from Ron, “Hm? Oh yes… very proud.”

McGonagall spoke up, “I think we agree Potters actions were heroic but the question is why were they necessary?”

Dumbledore walked over to Slughorn and began to talk about the bottle he was holding, Dumbledore sniffed the content of the bottle and concluded it was laced with poison. I tensed slightly and shot Snape a knowing look who quickly returned it.

Draco was trying to poison Dumbledore, but he failed and instead poisoned Ron. Snape took he bottle from Dumbledore and sniffed it as well. When Slughorn announced that it was a gift intended to be for Dumbledore Snape shot me a glare and I sunk slightly.

Before anything else could be said a voice resembling one of a squeaky toy entered the room.

“Where is he?! Where’s my Won Won,” Lavender cried and I cringed at her voice, “Has he been asking for me?”

I snorted quietly and Lavender spoke again looking at Hermione, “What’s she doing here?”

I sneered at her slightly but Hermione stood her ground, “Might I ask you the same question.”

“I happen to be his girlfriend,” Lavender stated with a scoff and glare at Hermione.

“And I happen to be his,” Hermoine paused, “friend.”

“Don’t make me laugh,” Lavender scoffed again. I rolled my eyes and tuned out their conversation until I hear a loud sob and Lavender ran out of the room. I turned around and heard Ron mumbling ‘Hermione in his sleep. I smiled softly and felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Snape, his eyes darting to the hall as he was the last one to walk out of the hospital room. I turned to Harry and smiled, “I’ll talk to you later Harry. I’m going for a walk.”

Harry nodded and I left the room, I saw Snape walking down an empty hallway, making a sharp turn to his left. I quickened my pace, my robes flowing behind me gracefully. I turned the corner and nearly collided into Snape. I took a step back and rested my back against the wall behind me.

“Was it you?” He hissed at me.

I sneered at him, “Why the bloody hell would I try to poison the old man? That’s not my task.”

“Yes but you would do anything to protect Mister Malfoy and I would not be surprised if this meant completing his task for him.”

I sneered, “Of course I would do anything o protect him and by completing his task that is risking both of our lives. I know he must do it himself, the Dark Lord ordered him too. And if I we’re going to protect him you know he would already be dead by now.”

The words slipped past my teeth I even shocked myself. I was sounding more and more like a death eater and I really didn’t like it.

Snape stepped back for a moment, “I supposed, just tell Mister Malfoy that he better be careful with what he’s doing of he could be killed.”

“I wouldn’t let it happen anyway Severus,” I sneered at him and began to walk away.

Snape grabbed my cloak and shoved me against the wall, allowing me to hit it with an ‘oof’.

“Listen,” Snape sneered, “I am only trying to protect you and Mister Malfoy. I’m only trying to help.”

“Does it look like we need help Severus,” I sneered, “And when Draco needs help he comes to me. When I need help I go to Draco – ”

“What if you both need help,” Snape sneered.

“We won’t,” I stated and shoved past Snape walking towards the seventh floor.

As I was walking I noticed the compass on my wrist begin to illuminate lightly, almost as if like it was… glowing. I gasped and brought my wrist close to my eyes so I could see the directions it was pointing in, I quickly followed the compass, my feet shuffling as quickly up the stairs as they could. I reached the long hallway that lead to the Room of Requirements and not to far behind him was Harry Potter.

I saw Draco turn the corner to the room and Harry walking faster trying to catch up before he did I stepped into view behind him and called his name.

“Harry!”

Harry spun around and I waved at him innocently. He turned around for moment and then began to walk towards me, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

“What are you dong up here Harry?” I asked casually as we began to walk side by side.

“Just wandering about, you?” He asked looking down at me.

I shrugged, “Same, I tend to not realize where I’m walking until I get in trouble or bump into someone.”

Harry chuckled, “You always we’re a dreamer.”

I chuckled, “So I’ve been told. So I’ve been told.”

Time Elapse

I made my way towards the Room of Requirement later in the day during my free period.
I walked in and I knew for a fact Draco was in the room since the compass was pointing straight ahead of me. Slowly I made my way towards the cabinet.

“Draco?” I sad his name softly, looking at Draco who was sitting on the ground in front of the cabinet. He looks up at me, his eyes were red and his cheeks had dry strains of tears left on them. He stared at me for a moment before covering his face with his hands, his shoulders shaking as his.

I walked over to him and sat beside him, frowning.

“Draco,” I muttered his name as he sobbed quietly, “Draco what’s wrong.”

Draco kept his face covered and he didn’t answer me, I stayed quiet knowing he didn’t wish to speak at the moment. I pulled his hands away from his face slowly and he avoided my gaze, silent tears running down his pale cheeks. I didn’t talk, but I grasped his hands in mine and leaned my forehead on his shoulder. Draco leaned closer to me and rested his forehead on my shoulder. I felt his shoulders quiver softly and I knew he was crying again. I gave his hand a gentle squeeze in which he returned.

“I’m sorry,” He whispered after a couple mort minutes of silence.

“I know,” I muttered, “You’ve already been forgiven Draco. You know that.”

“You really shouldn’t forgive me so easily,” He muttered and sat up, I kept my head on his shoulder.

“I know,” I muttered and his shoulders tensed a little, “But I can’t hate you Draco. For a brat, I really can’t even dislike you.”

He shoulders shook, but not from sobbing, he chuckled lightly and spoke, “You can be a brat too you know.”

I smiled and lifted my head to look him in the eyes, “I know, I never said otherwise.”

Draco smiled at me, and then quickly frowned.

“Why were you crying Draco?” I asked him.

“I-I can’t do it,” He muttered, “I don’t think I can do it.”

“What are you talking about Draco?” I asked.

“The bird,” He muttered and he glanced at the cabinet.

I looked at him curiously and stood up, before I could walk towards the cabinet Draco gripped my hand.

“No,” He muttered shaking his head.

I sighed, “Draco, let me see.”

Slowly he released my hand and I walked over to the cabinet, slowly I opened it and laying there was a small pure white bird. It lay motionless and I frowned deeply. I turned around to look at Draco.

“You don’t want to kill him,” I stated, “Do you Draco?”

Draco shook his head, “No.. I-I don’t know if I can. I mean I have too! He threatened to kill me and my family. And even you!”

I looked at him in shock, “Me? Why me?”

“He knows how much we care about each other,” Draco muttered and rubbed his eyes, “He knows…”

I turned away and closed the cabinet quietly, “Maybe.. maybe I should just kill –”

“No!” Draco interrupted, “I will not have you carrying around the burden of killing a man and having the guilt weigh on your shoulders.”

“I will not have the same for you,” I told him using my same tone.

“I’m not going to let you kill a man,” Draco stated again through gritted teeth.

“Why not!” I matched his tone, “Why is it that I can’t help you yet you can always help me?”

“Because,” Draco muttered standing up in front of me.

“Because why Draco?” I asked, my tone aggravated.

“Because I care too much about you!” Draco nearly yelled at me, “Because I love you!”
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER. <3
Thank you for the comments on the other story<3 It was much appreciated! :D I hope you liked this update. :3 I already put the sequal page up - but there is no discription since I don't want to ruin anything for you guys. ;D Haha. Feel free to subscribe to it early. :3
By the way check out my flickr & tumblr.

xoxo,
Alexa.