Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

You Should Listen To This

The week went by quickly and the next thing I know it’s the weekend.
Draco and I talk, but there is a tension there that both of us are too stubborn to act upon. Most of the students decided to go to the village to have some butterbeer. I was going to ask Draco if he wanted to come along with me but I didn’t see him around so I just joined the Golden Trio since they were going anyway.

Once we got their Hermione order out butterbeer and Ron pouted childishly.

“Bloody hell…” He shifted gazing in the corner of the room. Hermione and I followed his gaze and noticed Ginny and Dean in the corner of the room.

“Oh, honestly, Ronald they’re just holding hands,” Hermione paused just as Dean kissed Ginny, “And snogging.”

I snickered.

“I’d like to leave,” Ron stated, annoyed.

“What? You can’t be serious,” Hermione and I said at the same time.

“That happens to be my sister,” Ron stated.

“So? What if she looked over here and saw you snogging me? Would you expect her to get up and leave?” Hermione asked.

I held back a giggle as Ron looked at Hermione speechless.

Their awkwardness was saved when Professor Slughorn walked over to the table and began to chat with us – well mostly Harry Potter.

We bid our adieu’s to Slughorn and left into the cold snow. The snow is falling heavier now and walk beside Ron and Harry while Hermione walks in front of us.

Up ahead I notice Katie Bell and Leanne stand in the drifting snow, arguing. Katie holds a slender package. Hermione distracted me from my curiosity when she comes bumping up and drapes her arms over the boys.

I opened my mouth to say something when at that instant piercing scream rushes through my ears.

“I warned her not to touch it!” Leanne cries and my eyes rush over to Katie Bell to see her rocking violently back and forth on the snow as if two invisible forces were fighting over her like a rag doll. All of us stand back and watch in horror as Katie is violently lifted from the ground and into the air. Her mouth is wide and a scream could be heard passing through. And as soon as she is in the air, she drops to the snow with a thump. My instincts kick in and I’m about to rush forward to her side when Hargid appears.
“Don’ get any closer!” He calls and rushes over to Katie’s twitching body, “Get back, all o’ you.”

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I give each other warily looks as we slowly step back.

Hargid mumbles some incoherent words as he picks Katie up, Harry glanced at Hagrid and then at the package that Katie was holding. The content of the package was on the floor - it was a beautiful antique looking necklace.

“Don’ go touchin’ tha’ but by the wrappin’s. Unnerstan’?” Hagrid orders and Harry nods and does as he says., picking up the package with the wrappings.

________————— ________————— ________————— ________———--

“You’re sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks, Leanne?” Professor McGonagall asks.

“It’s like I said. She went to the loo and when she came back she had the package. She said it was important she deliver it.” Leanne answered.

“Did she say to whom?” McGonagall asked to which Leanne answers Dumbledor.

“All right, Leanne. You may go,” McGonagall states and she turns to us, “Why is it always you three when something happens? And you Ms. Nethers, you seem to be attracted to scenes like this as well.”

I cringed.

“Believe me Professor,” Ron starts, “I’ve been asking myself the same question for six years.”

Snape appears in the door way and Professor McGonagall calls him over to examine the necklace.

“What do you think?” McGonagall asks Snape to which he answers, “I think Miss Bell is lucky to be alive.

“She was cursed, wasn’t she? I know Katie. Off the Quidditch
pitch she wouldn’t hurt a fly. If she was bringing that to someone, she wasn’t doing it knowingly,” Harry answers.

“Yes, she was cursed,” McGonagall said.

“It was Malfoy,” Harry stated and I turned to look at him mouth agape.

“Don’t you dare accuse Draco of something like this,” I stated to Harry trying to hold back a sneer that desperately wanted to form on my lips.

“That’s a very serious accusation, Potter,” McGonagall states.

“Indeed,” Snape answers eyeing Harry, “You’re evidence?”

“I just know,” Harry answered sounding slightly confident.

You just know? You must know nothing then Potter!” I sneer, taking a step towards Harry. Ron places a hand on my shoulder, gently pushing me back so I won’t tear Harry apart.

Snape steps forward, “You... just... know. Once again you astonish with your gifts, Potter, gifts mere mortals could only dream of possessing. How grand it must be to be the Chosen One.”

McGonagall, Ron and Hermione all shift uncomfortably.

“I suggest you return to your dormitory, all of you,” McGonagall orders and we all turn to leave.

I glare at Harry’s back as we walk and before I round the corner to practically attack Potter I’m being held back by Ron and Hermione.

“Why?” I call out to Harry as he rubs his arm, “Why would you blame Draco? He would never do such a thing!”

“Alex when was the last time you talked to Draco?” Harry asked crossing his arms.

“This morning at breakfast,” I answered, still struggling in Ron’s grip on my arms.

“When was the last time you had a real conversation with him where you found out what he was up to. I know you didn’t speak all summer with him, so is he really still your friend Alex?” Harry asked.

I stopped fighting Ron and started at Potter, my heart ached at his words and I realized that he was right. Was Draco really still my best friend?

“Potter,” I stated softer this time, “Even if Draco Malfoy never speaks to me again, or I never see his face after this very day – he will always be my best friend. But I know Draco better than anyone in this bloody school, and what you are accusing him of doing he would never ever do.”

Harry shrugged, “So you’re willing you bet that he didn’t do this? What if he did would he still be your best friend? If he cursed Katie Bell would you still call him even a friend? Malfoy doesn’t deserve any friends for everything he’s done!”

I sneered at Harry and he took a step back, then glared – hard.

I was about to yell at Harry but then Crabbe and Goyle walked back and looked to see Ron holding me back from Potter.

“Oi!” Goyle called out stepping forward, his hand reaching for his wand, “Get your filthy hands off of her!”

Ron immediately let go and took a step back, I dusted myself off and looked at Harry. Looked, not glared.

“Don’t make accusations if you don’t know they are 100% true,” I said, “And Harry, you really don’t know him at all.”

With that I walked past Goyle and Crabbe, they turned and scoffed at the trio and then walked by my side as I made my way to the Slytherin common room.

The boys stayed silent as I silently fumed, they knew not to speak when I was angry – if they did they would be hexed already.

Once we reached the common room I plopped on one of the couches and let out an aggravated sigh.

“Ready to talk princess?” Goyle asked, his eyebrows raised.

Princess is what Goyle would always call me because he said that I was the Slytherin princess. Goyle was the only one of the hooligans – besides Blaise – that I could tolerate.

“Sure Goyle,” I stated, “What would you like to talk about?”

Goyle rolled his eyes and I didn’t even notice that someone else walked into the common room.

“Don’t get smart with me Nethers, why was Weasley practically holding you down?”

“What?!” A voice nearly boomed and I turned my head to see Draco an angry expression on his face as he stepped towards Goyle and me..

“Weasly,” Draco growled, “The one that Potter hangs out with, had his hands on you?”

I avoided eye contact, feeling like a child being scolded.
“Goyle, Crabbe” Draco growled, “Care to explain this to me?”

“Crabbe and I were walking down to come here and we noticed Potter was yelling at someone, so we got curious and looked to see that filthy Ron Weasley holding back So we go up him and after a threat her lets Princess over here go.”

Draco turned to me, “Why was Weasley holding you back.”

“Nothing Draco, it’s unimportant,” I stated.

“If you won’t tell me I will go find that piece of trash and find out myself,” Draco threatened.

“It’s nothing Draco, just leave it alone!” I answered and looked at Draco. He looked at me, searching my eyes for any emotion. I tried hard to fight back the fear and pain that was hidden in them but as usual Draco saw it. I guess he took it that I was hurt by what Ron did because he stormed out of the common room and called out Ron’s name in the halls.
I snarled at Crabbe and Goyle, “Well you knuckleheads! Help me hold him down!”

“Sorry Princess, this is your problem,” Go lye held his hands up. I let out an aggravated sigh and pushed my way down the hall. Shoving and pushing my way past anyone who got in front of me.

I heard Draco calling Weasley loudly in the hall so I followed his voice. When I no longer heard Draco yelling I rushed to find him and the Golden Trio glaring at each other.

“Weasley you filthy piece of trash!” Draco growled, grabbing his wand and pointing it towards Ron. Ron’s face became fearful and Harry pulled out his wand, stepping in front of his friend.

“Put your wand away Malfoy,” Harry threatened.
I drew my wand and stepped in the middle of Harry and Draco, “Both of you put them away. Now.

Draco slowly put his arm down, letting it rest by his side. Once Draco set his wand down Harry did the same and I glanced between the two.

“Draco may we leave?” I asked him.

“No, not before I talk to Weasley over here,” He growled and took a step forward, “Now listen here, if I ever hear that you laid a hand on Ria again I won’t hesitate to bring the most unimaginable pain to you. Don’t ever again think about touching her, don’t look at her, don’t—”

Before Draco could continue on Harry spoke, “Is this your idea of a friend Alex? Someone who doesn’t even like who you hang out with occasionally? Who threatens people who care? I bet this is the first sign of emotion he’s shown you in a while.”

I looked at Harry, my heart breaking even more than before.

“Why you little—”Draco snarled but Harry continued on.

“He’s a great actor don’t you agree Alex? He hides his emotions so well and your always defending him saying that I don’t know the real Draco Malfoy. But… I think it’s you who doesn’t know the real Draco Malfoy. Well at least not the new Malfoy.”

That’s when I felt a large pain in my chest and t almost hurt to breath. I felt shattered, betrayed and hurt.

Harry was right.

“Potter you know nothing!” Draco spat, anger swimming in his eyes, “You don’t know the relationship me and Ria have. You don’t know anything about me.”

“Neither do I,” I managed to whisper and Draco’s head whipped around to look at me, “I don’t know you anymore Draco.”

And with that I turned around and ran.

“You see what you’ve done Potter! First my father and now Alexandria! I should kill you!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 4:) Yay! I have 10 subscribers! :D Please no silent readers? I've been good on my updates but I won't update unless I see someone new comment. :) It's only fair. :p
It only takes two seconds, I don't care if you leave a simple <3 to show you like the story.
Well this chapter is rather long, 6 pages in Microsoft Word! :D Haha. They're usually 4. :3
Well, comments are love. But I love my new subscribers.

Thanks to:
sid vicious;
je suis bree
sarah3044
Hendrix


for commenting. :)

xoxo,
Alexa.