Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

They Rather Die Together

I smirked at Draco as I captured his king in chess. He looked at me and scowled.

“You cheated,” Draco whined.

I laughed, “I did not, don’t be a sore loser. Now I’m really bored what shall we do?”

I stated, placing my cheek on my palm, a bored look on my face.

It was the next day and Draco and I woke up and decided to play a game of chess.

“Why not go to Diagon Alley for some Christmas shopping and also for the Christmas party we’re having,” Draco suggested. I smiled at him, “Great idea! I’ll go change, see you in about 20 minutes Draco.”

I raced up the stairs and into my room. I changed into black jeans, a long thick black sweater and my white shoes. I brushed my long brown hair and placed a black beanie atop my head. I grabbed my wand and placed it in my pocket. I happily pranced down the stairs and walked to the living room to wait for Draco. Narcissa was in the living room, drinking tea and reading a book, her head raised and she smiled at me when I walked in.

“Hello Alexandria,” she greeted warmly, “Your father sent an owl earlier, he said he’ll be here for the Christmas party, he has something he wishes to speak to you about.”

I sighed and rubbed my temples already knowing what my father would want to talk about, “Thank you Narcissa.”

She smiled at me and went back to her book, I frowned and thought about my father.

Ever since my mother died, he became distant and our great father – daughter relationship was thrown out the window. I was usually very quiet and polite to my father because I respected him. But now, he was making me do things I didn’t want to do. Giving me tasks that I didn’t want to fulfill. I’m young, I have my whole life ahead of me! I shouldn’t be doing this, I shouldn’t. The one thing I was happy about was that Draco wasn’t involved in this. If my father dragged him into this, or convinced Lucius to bring Draco into this world. I wouldn’t settle to well.

My father and I were once known as the perfect father and daughter. Now, since mom is dead, we were known as the ones who always fought. I talked back to my father a lot now, and stood my ground if I didn’t believe something was right. But the one thing I couldn’t fight was this task, I was marked to do this and if I didn’t, well I don’t want to think about it.

I was broken from my thoughts when Draco walked down the stairs dressed in his usual all black attire. I smiled at him and he smiled warmly back.
Draco grabbed some floo powder and we walked over to the large fire place, only used when the floo powder was used. Draco grabbed my hand and in a split second we were in Diagon alley. I smiled and walked towards the first shop I saw. I had to shop for everyone. The shop I walked into happened to be a gift shop, I smiled and looked at Draco who seemed to be in his own little world already wandering around the shop. I looked around and noticed a lot of little things I could get. I decided to only get presents for Blaise, Harry, Hermione and all of the Weasley’s – it would be rude if I only sent Ron a present.

After going through a couple shops Draco stopped me and told me he had to stop somewhere quickly and would meet me at a local coffee shop in about 30 minutes. After Draco and I parted our ways I decided to go find him something, I walked into a local jewelry shop. The old woman working greeted me and quietly watched as I looked around. I smiled when I saw a simple Slytherin ring in the pawn section.
I smiled at her and quickly paid for the ring deciding it was perfect for Draco. I still had over 20 minutes before I had to meet Draco so I grabbed my things and began walking around.

I was so distracted by my own thoughts that I didn’t even noticed where I was walking. I silently cursed myself when drunks surrounded me. I gulped and reached in my back pocket for my wand, a hand shot out and grabbed my wrist. I turned around and saw a dirty looking man, hair prickled his face and dirt was smudged around.

“Now, no need for that miss,” He smiled at me, his teeth were dirty, yellow and broken. His breath hit my face and the smell of alcohol hit me hard and strong. I took a step back only to bump into another mans chest. Suddenly I realized there were just two men surrounding me.

Where the hell did I end up? I can handle this.

Slowly I reached behind me, again, before could grab my wand a hand stopped my but this time the man grabbed my by the waist and hoisted me up, clasping a hand over my mouth. I squirmed and yelled into the mans hand. My screams were muffled but before I could yell any longer a wand was pointed in my face. I breathed heavily and trembled.

The man holding the wand smirked, “Well at least this shuts you up. Now you must be quiet so I won’t have to use this against you.”

I decided to take a chance, a big chance. I nodded and the man holding his hand took it off of my mouth. The second it did I let out a loud scream, calling out Draco’s name.

The second I did that the wand was pointed in my face again and resting under my chin. I squirmed when the tip of the wand began to burn my skin. The man holding me placed his hand over my mouth again so I wouldn’t scream.

A tear rolled down my cheek as the wand continued to burn my skin. I didn’t know what kind of spell this was. But it hurt.

In a sudden moment the wand was taken off my chin and the man flew back hitting the stone wall behind him. I turned my head and noticed Draco standing there, the look in his face was one set to kill. And that look alone scared me.

The man holding me, dropped me and I felt hard to the floor. I gasped out in pain when my arm hit the ground.

“Stupefy!” I heard Draco yell and a thump to the ground.

I watched as the man who held the wand to my chin was lying on the ground barley conscious, Draco walked hastily over to him and with a balled up fist his punched him hard in the jaw. Draco wheeled his arm back and hit him again. I got up as quickly as my body let me and rushed over to Draco. Draco hit him again and just before he stuck the man a fourth time, I grabbed his hand.

“Draco, please,” I muttered, clutching onto his hand. Draco turned around to look at me and quickly all the anger he was holding left his face and he turned away from the man.

Draco put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to his side, he grabbed my bags and soon we were heading back to the Malfoy Manor.

Once we were back at the Manor, Draco still hadn’t spoken to me. He barley even made eye contact with me.

And that truly hurt.

“Draco,” I whispered as he was wrapping my arm, “Draco, please look at me.”

“You don’t understand, that was insanely stupid of you to even walk near those men,” Draco hissed at me, still avoiding eye contact and wrapping my arm, “You could have been killed. Why didn’t you reach for your bloody wand? You could of at least tried to save yourself.”

I roughly pulled my arm away from Draco’s grasp and scowled at him, “You don’t think I tried to get my wand? I tried Draco! And you know what? Maybe it would have been better if I wasn’t saved at all and I was just left there to rot.”

I stood up and stormed to my room, Draco seemed to be taking in the words I said, or he was just simply ignoring me since he didn’t move from his seat.

I walked into the room, shut and locked the door. I was breathing harshly and I knew my cheeks were probably a shade of pink from anger.

I sighed and looked at my half wrapped arm, from what you could see of my arm I have mild bruising from the Pansy incident and from today. I ran my hand over my face and pinched the bridge of my nose.

This is just all way to stressful for my liking, its like I’m cursed of something. Bad things always seem to be attracted to me.

The sound of someone knocking at my door interrupted me from my thoughts. I stared at it for a moment before going and taking a seat on my bed. I continued to stare at the door while Draco knocked a couple more times.

“Ria, open the door,” Draco called. I stayed still and watched the door.

“Alohomora,” I heard Draco mutter before my door unlocked and opened. Draco looked at me and frowned, “You know, you shouldn’t say such things like that Ria.”

“Why not?” I muttered and gazed at my arm.

“You need to understand,” Draco spoke taking a seat next to me and continuing to wrap my arm, “Just hearing you yell my name, the fear in your voice. It was enough to set me off and want to kill…do you have any idea how enraged I was when I saw the man holding you and the other with a wand under your chin?”

I shook my head, my hand reaching up to touch the burn mark. Draco grabbed my hand and lifted my chin, making me look up.

“What the hell is that?” He asked, touching the burn mark.

“The wand, the tip of the wand burned my skin when it touched me,” I muttered.

Draco’s hands balled up into fists, “You should have let me kill him when I had the chance!”

“Draco! Stop this nonsense about killing the man!” I said, my voice rising.

“He could have killed you!” Draco matched my tone.

“But he didn’t know did he?” I asked, “I’m fine, you managed to get to me in time.”

“But he still hurt you,” Draco stated, his voice getting softer, “I couldn’t stop him from hurting you.”

I frowned, “You won’t be able to stop a lot of things Draco. But I know you’re there for me.”
Draco smiled weakly, “Always.”

“And I’m always here for you too Draco, any help you need…I’m here,” I smiled.

I think deep down, I wanted to ask him for help. I couldn’t do this on my own. I just couldn’t. And by the look on Draco’s face I knew there was something he was hiding too. He needed my help, but he would never admit it. Neither of us would.

We’re both too stubborn to realize a lot of things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for an update. :( summer school has been a real drag. -___-"
Well, here's an update! :D Can I get at least 4 comments? Pretty please? :D

xoxo,
Alexa.