Status: Complete.

Burning Bridges, Building Love

22

Rayne forced a smile and tried to keep the comments behind her lips, being polite to the horridly mean woman. All she wanted to do what slam her head against the table multiple times. That or she wished she had Big Cat’s hearing aids so she could simply turn them off.

She took in a deep breath glancing over at Jake as a hand landed on her thigh, comfortingly. He smiled at her gently giving her leg a firm, reassuring squeeze and left his hand there feeling the toned rounded muscle that was making his mouth water.

“I’m sorry.” Rayne huffed finally. “I’m going to go.” She stated standing up, not able to take anymore. Eli frowned.

“You can’t leave.” One of the producers snapped.

“No. I can. I’m a free person and if I don’t leave two things or going to happen.” She snapped, pointing at him. “A, I’m going to beat the shit out of her,” Kristin’s mouth dropped open. “Or B, I’m not only going to beat the shit out of her I’m going to fucking beat the shit out of you too.” The whole table blinked startled. “And if you try to stop me for leaving or doing either of those, I’ll beat the shit out of you too.”

Jake leaned forward to look at Big Cat on the other side of Rayne. Big Cat simply nodded with tight lips. Jake glanced up at Rayne before back at him, Big Cat simply gave a more exaggerated nod.

“Damn.” Jake whispered looking up at Rayne.

“Rayne.” The man huffed.

“I will beat the living fucking shit out of you.” She growled pushing her chair all the way back. “Try me, I mother fucking dare you. Pain, getting hurt, watching others get hurt is a big part of my life don’t think I won’t hesitate to hurt you.” With that she turned on her heel and left the restaurant.

“Should someone…?” Gloria asked moving .Big Cat lifted his hand.

“Not unless you want to get….Jake!” He yelled as Jake got up leaving. “She’ll hurt you.” He called. Jake didn’t pay mind to what he was saying, he followed Rayne despite the fact.

“Hey.” Rayne waved a hand behind her as Jake watched her hips sway. “Hey! I’m talking to you.” He laughed pulling at her arm. “Oh jeeze!” Grabbing her fist he laughed. “Calm down.”

“Let me go.” She growled. Jake shook his head, tucking her into his chest.

“She’s a jealous, idiot. Don’t believe or take anything she says to heart.”

“That’s not why I’m mad.” Rayne huffed.

“Why are you mad?”

“Because she got away with saying that shit and every time I said anything to her mean or not I got snapped at by others. What kind of fucking shit is that?” Jake groaned as her fist collided with his chest. “Sorry.” She whispered as she pulled back rubbing the sore spot for him. “Am I some sort of sick monster that everyone pretends to like and put up with?”

“No everyone seems to like you.” Jake mused truthfully. “I think it’s just the few she’s sucked off or the others that are jealous I wouldn’t leave your side.” Rayne glanced up at him. “The one’s that snapped at you were a few of the guys higher up on the food chain, the one’s she probably sucked off to get the job, the one’s she probably sucked off in hopes to get your job but Eli wouldn’t go for it because… you can’t suck a happily married and dedicated guy like him off,” Rayne giggled. “and the girls wanting to be in your spot, to look like you, to get the attention you get. They’re jealous, horny pricks protecting themselves and covering their own asses. Don’t let them get to you, just prove them wrong.”

“You’re an ass.” Rayne giggled pulling away.

“Maybe, maybe not.” He stated hooking his arm around her shoulders leading her on. “But I do want to see your ass in some of those other dresses.” Rayne giggled at his words as Jake glanced down at her proudly. “Wanna play dress up for me?”

“Why not?” She shrugged.

“See it didn’t turn out all bad did it? You get harassed for a while, and now you get to dress up like you like to. How bad is that?” He asked. Rayne rolled her eyes, prodding his side with her elbow effortlessly.

“You suck.”

“No, from what I recall, you suck.” Rayne pushed Jake aside and kept walking with a roll of her eyes. “You’re the one that admitted it!” he pointed.

Spinning she held both her hands behind her body and smiled at him. Laughing she simply took a few more steps back ,exaggerating them along with the sway of her hips.

“Maybe I do. Who knows I could’ve been lying, or.” Jake raised a brow.

“Or?” he laughed.

“Or I could be really good at it, you’ll never know.” With that she turned hurrying off leaving Jake with his mouth hanging open. Laughing he followed after her quickly. “No don’t touch me!” She laughed running away. Jake easily kept up with her as they ran along. “No!” She squealed as Jake picked her up spinning her. Her legs kicked wildly. “Stop!” She put her hands between her legs and tucked her legs up. “I’m wearing a skirt.”

“So?” he laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, commenting, & subscribing.