Status: Complete.

Burning Bridges, Building Love

21

Jake stood outside the restaurant looking around. He didn’t want to head in just yet. He didn’t want to deal with everyone just yet so he was taking his time outside. Glancing in the window he grimaced ever so slightly at a few of the women staring out the window at him, chest raised and pushed up out as they fluttered lashes.

A shiver ran up his spin in pure disgust. It wasn’t that he didn’t find them attractive it was that they were too over barring, too needy, too demanding, and too slutty. He couldn’t even get the decent, normal girls to be attracted to him he got the slutty ones throwing them selves at him. If he wasn’t afraid of a venereal disease or it ending up in magazines he might spend a night or two with a few of them.

“You clean up nice.” Jake jumped at the hand touching his lapel. “To bad you can’t tie a tie.” His eyes fell on Rayne standing before him.

“Wow.” He breathed at the woman before him. Rayne glanced up at him confused with those big blue eyes, a thick line of pitch black liner atop them beautifully. His mouth floundered at her full appearance. “I clean up nice? Look at you.” He whispered, pushing her a foot out to eye her up and down.

Rayne flushed looking down at what she was wearing. High thigh leather boots a silver squinted mid thigh dress under a black slightly worn jacket with long sleeves and white stitched edges and stitches.

She had the sophisticate school girl almost going for her with crest on the upper left chest of her jacket.

“You look amazing” Jake smiled at her. Rayne smiled up at him tucking a few pieces of hair back. Jake took notice of her painted red lips and the fact that her hair was pulled around to her left shoulder with the right side pinned down. “Where’d you find this?” He asked taking her hand in his. “Spin.” He commanded lifting her hand

“I brought it.” Rayne stated.

“You brought it?” Jake laughed taking notice of how the bottom of her dress hugged her rounded rear before stopping just below the bottom curve of it.

“Yeah” Rayne flushed. “I like this kinda stuff. I don’t always get the chance to dress up and I enjoy it.” Jake watched her as she took in his tux.

The black jacket hugged the shape of his toned torso and his pants hung on his hip beautifully yet his black tie against his white button up drew away the attraction. The knot in the tie was a messy ball instead of a flattened square.

“Who tied your tie?” Rayne question as she reached up flipping his collar up. Jake instantly straightened up.

“I’m not good with ties.” Jake admitted. “Usually someone else does it for me.” He sighed. Rayne eyed him before undoing it. “So you like putting on dresses and getting all dolled up?” Rayne nodded, flushing. “That’s kinda sexy.” Jake stated out loud on accident.

“Yeah?” Rayne laughed, unphased as he grimaced at the words he meant to be internal. “Why is that?” She asked fully removing his tie as she began flattening it in her hands.

“I just,” Licking his lips Jake rolled his shoulders. “It’s sexy that you have no problem getting down and dirty, playin’ with the guys and then you can put on a dress, heels, make-up no problem. That’s sex…” Jake paused as she flipped the tie over his head. “That’s sexy. You’re perfectly okay with who you are and being a tom boy and a girly-girl at the same time.” Jake finished as he lifted his chin.

“Well I’m glad you think so.” Rayne sighed. “Not many guys like the fact that I play in the dirt, and no one really believes I enjoy dresses and shoes like a shopaholic.”

“Really?” Jake laughed.

“Yeah” Rayne smoothed out a few spots on his tie and pulled at the edges giving it a crisp look. “They think all I do is play in the dirt, nothing more. So people even think it’s amazing that I know what a shower is.” She giggled.

“Those people are idiots. So,” Licking his lips he let her push his tie up to the perfect spot. “So you just randomly brought this stuff with you?” Jake asked once she’d stepped back.

“I always bring a few nice outfits.” Rayne shrugged. Jake nodded. “Just in case.”

“If they look anything like this…” Waving his finger up and down at her form he watched her cheeks flushed a deeper shade. “I’m going to have to see them.”

“I feel like I’m out of place though.” She admitted watched someone walk through the restaurant doors. “Everyone looks ready to walk a red carpet…I don’t.”

“Are you kidding me?” Jake snorted. He’d never seen a better outfit for a run way then what she was wearing at that exact moment. “You’re more prepared to walk a catwalk and then six red carpets than any of them, Rayne. You look stunning.” Dropping her head Rayne let out a nervous laugh at his complements.

“Thanks.” She whispered. “But I can guarantee no one in there’s going to believe that I put this together myself.”

“See, that may be true, but I can grantee you most those people in there are mindless clones created by Hollywood that didn’t pick out their own outfits either.” Jake pointed out the obvious fact. “And I can also grantee I’m not leaving yours or Gloria’s side tonight because I’m not going to be jumped by those…things.”

“Things?” Rayne giggled, biting the tip of her tongue to hold back her whole laugh. “What things?” She added still trying not to laugh.

“Those things.” He nodded his head towards the window where he knew a few of the more dedicated and obsessive girls were watching jealously. “Don’t be obvious but look.” He whispered looking down at his nice leather shoes.

Rayne glanced down as well tucking a few more strands behind her ear and glancing at the window. Her mouth dropped open as a few dry, surprised laughs left her lips. Swatting at Jake she laughed loudly.

“Oh my lord.” She choked on her words. “You don’t seem the type to call them things.” Jake blinked.

“You don’t seem the type to like dresses.” He pointed out Rayne stopped eyeing him.

“I guess we’re not who we seem to be, now are me Mr. Gyllenhaal?” Jake gave a lopsided grin that made Rayne’s knees weak, her hands to begin to sweat, and her heart to pound in her ears.

“It seems that way.” He breathed. “Shall we?” He asked turning sideways to her and holding his elbow out to her. Giggling Rayne took his elbow gently letting him lead her into the restaurant. “I know your evil.” He whispered as he pulled the door open. “But don’t abandon me.” He whined.

“As long as you don’t abandon me.” She whispered back.

Entering the high end restaurant both suddenly didn’t want to be there. They would have rather been in a whole in the wall place that smelled like grease.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for reading, commenting, & subscribing. It means alot to me