Status: Complete.

Burning Bridges, Building Love

28

“Hey.” Jake jogged up to Rayne as she dropped a skateboard down. She smiled at him waving. “I was wondering if you’d want to rehearse lines.” He smiled at her. Pushing his hands into the pockets of his jeans he smiled at her.

“Uh…” She glanced up slightly. “When?” She asked gently.

“Uh…when ever? Do you have plans or something?” Jake laughed at her. They’d just gotten to Hawaii a week ago and the girl already had plans.

“Yeah.” She flushed slightly. Jake raised a brow. “I was planning on going to Pipe line…” She whispered nervously. Biting her thumb nail she stared at the ground nervously like a child in trouble.

“With who?” Jake laughed watching her.

“Myself?” She laughed.

“Isn’t pipe line dangerous?” Jake asked concerned walking along side her as she slowly rolled along. On her skateboard she was only an inch or half-inch shorter than he was he noticed. He liked that they had a height difference yet it was barely there. A pair of heels and she’d be his about his height yet he’d still just barely be taller, not drastically shorter or taller than him, yet with out heels she was still close to his height and not closer to his belly button.

“It can be but you create O’hana when you surf pipe line.” Rayne stated gently with a soft roll of her hands. A soft smile lingered on her lips as she watched him. Jake nodded slowly.

“One big happy family.” He stated. Rayne laughed nodding. “Well how about this, wait,” he stopped looking up at her. “Do you even have a surf board?”

“Si.” She nodded. Jake laughed at her Spanish. “Bite me dick!” She gasped at him with laughter behind each word. Jake covered his mouth as he laughed. She didn’t want him to laugh at her, she wanted him to like her.

“I’m sorry. It was cute. You sounded kinda like a squirrel when you said that.” Rayne flushed bright red as she pouted slightly annoyed, eyes cast to her feet. “It was cute.” Jake tired to make her feel better.

“Shut up.” She huffed in a small voice. Jake smiled at her.

“Aw, you’re embarrassed!” he cooed only to stumble back holding his shoulder as Rayne pulled her fist back. “Ow.” He laughed rubbing his sore shoulder. “That was uncalled for!” He roared with laughter as she stared at him with wide, offended eyes.

“Being a jerk was totally uncalled for on your part, so we’re even!” she huffed.

Lifting his hands to his own defense Jake laughed. Rayne couldn’t help but laugh as well. The two smiled at each other.

“So what do you say? Rehearse with me?” Jake proposed the idea again. Rayne nibbled her bottom lip contemplating. “I’ll go to pipe line with you and make sure you come out of the waves alive.”

“Deal!” She gave a thumbs-up as the words left his mouth.

“Deal.” He laughed. “Meet you outside the hotel?” Jake asked. Rayne nodded. “You skating there?” Again she nodded. “Hour?”

Rayne glanced around thinking about it. Sighing she scratched the side of her head. She wasn’t going to push herself to get there, and she wasn’t going to take her times, probably pull a few tricks on different ledges and rails, maybe a couple stairs, she saw on her way.

“Two?” She tried.

Jake nodded.

“Two.” She chirped pushed herself along. Jake laughed as he turned towards the parking lot. Most of the cars were still parked in their spaces as his eyes scanned for his blacked out Mercedes.

Rayne made a bee line for the exit and began pushing herself along with speed. Her hair rustled behind her as she held to the traps of her bag tightly. A smile grazed her features as the cool wind hit her face. Her shirt gently rippled in the wind as the street began dipping downward just outside the front gate and her speed began to build.

“Jake!” Spinning he stared at the small woman walking over. “Hi.” Kristin chirped. Jake gave a small wave. “Would you want rehearse with me?” Biting her bottom lip she tried to portray innocence only coming off a little scary.

“I actually have plans.” He smiled happily. Her smile feel. “Sorry.” He stated moving to his car and climbing in quickly. Letting out a relaxed breath he put the car in motion and began his trip back to the hotel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading.