Status: Complete.

Burning Bridges, Building Love

08

Humming Rayne kicked her feet, her eyes focused on the pad of paper in her lap as she tapped a pen against the pad. Clicking her tongue she began scribbling on the pad making more notes in her chicken scratch.

“Wait…” She whispered turning to the other papers scattered around her. Picking one up she began to compare notes. “That doesn’t…” Sorting through more papers she sighed heavily. Her newest dirt jump wasn’t adding up. For the tricks she wanted to do she couldn’t get the right height or landing angle.

“I’m home.” Jake called.

“Kitchen.” Rayne called still focusing on what was in her hands. She listened to their dogs paws scurry across the wooden floors towards him as his heavy steps carried him closer.

“Hey boys.” Jake patted down the dogs as he glanced through the kitchen doorway. “Uh oh.” He laughed walking up to Rayne. “What’s not working…oh math.” He gasped at all the numbers, angles, and a few drawing on the pages. “I can’t help.” He stated

Rayne set her pad down on the counter next to her. Smiling she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him gently, forgetting about the simple problem she was having difficulties with.

“Missed you.” She whispered. Jake smiled.

“I missed you too.” He stated snaking his arms around her small waist.

“Wait…” She pushed him at arms length and gripped his upper arms. “You’ve been working out.” She stated. His upper arms were thicker. Jake lifted his arms flexing.

“I gotta keep up with those freaks you hang out with.” He grunted for effect.

“Oh you feel threatened by Street bike do you, or is it Bigfoot?” She teased slapping his chest. “Oh god.” She grabbed his pecks. Jake instantly smirked and placed his hands on his hips, leaned his hips into the counter and his chest away from her. “They’re…not fair.” She pouted.

“They’re amazing aren’t they?” Jake teased at his new found pecks. He’d been working on them.

“Not fair.” Rayne grabbed her small chest “They’re almost as big as mine.” She stuck her bottom lips out. Jake laughed.

“Not even close.” Grabbing her lips in a quick kiss he smiled at her. Rayne rolled her eyes.

“Mine are tiny, don’t lie. But them being small makes me more aerodynamic so I’m okay with them. They still exist.”

“Unlike Ali.” Jake finished for her with a smirk.

“Exactly…” Rayne pushed him back, fondling his chest again. “They feel pretty good though. No wonder you like boobs, they’re fun to play with.” She teased squeezing them. Jake gasped, faking hurt, and covered his chest. “Hey no fair, I was testing those.” She pointed playfully.

“No you called them boobs.”

“Fine, I was testing those man pecks of manliness.” Rayne stated. “Get back here.” Wrapping her toned and powerful legs around his torso she pulled him back to her.

“I’ll take that.” Jake stated slowly. “But, I won’t.” Rayne paused in her fondling on his chest, wary of what was to come next. “Because I know where it will lead and we have guests.” He pointed at the two standing in the kitchen doorway.

“Oh hi.” Rayne waved at the two. “I’m Ray.” She stated with a giggle, gripping Jake’s chest roughly with one hand. Gasping he laughed pulling at her wrist. “No, that’s mine, thank you.”

“Stop” Jake laughed.

“Oh god, are they ticklish?” She gasped. Jake frowned.

“Why do you assume everything is tickle…don’t!” Jake quickly pulled out of her grip and held his side. “Damn it woman.” He laughed rubbing his side.

“Damn it man! I was playing with those!” She laughed back. Jake rubbed his side as if checking for a new injury. “Oh suck it up.” Rayne laughed at him.

“Why do you have to do that?” Jake pouted. Rayne shrugged.

“Why do I embarrass you in public? Because it’s easy and I can. Besides, actually getting you to blush is a feat in its self.” Jake rolled his eyes at the idea. “Any way, you two are?” She asked shifting gears to the two new people standing in her kitchen.

“I’m Alyssa Holly, this is my friend and camera man Dave Pri.” Alyssa stated professionally.

“Oh, the interview lady.” Rayne nodded Alyssa smiled nodding. “Nice to meet you both.” The two nodded once again. “Did you just record all that?” She asked seeing the camera.

Both nodded and watched Rayne’s smile stretch twice as wide. Slowly turning to Jake leaning on the island in the middle of the kitchen watching her closely, Rayne pointed.

“So screwed with your good-boy act.” She stated. Shrugging slowly Jake smiled at her.

“I’m almost thirty-five, kinda over it.” Rayne hummed at him. “That doesn’t mean I’m over safety so don’t ask I’m not going off the one-twenty. Fuck that.” He laughed at the cute pout etching onto her features.

“Well, I guess one step at a time.” Rayne giggled at him. Jake simply smiled at her and shrugged once again. The two simply watched each other. “So are you two staying here?” Rayne asked Alyssa and Dave. The two nodded. “Oh cool.” Jumping off the counter she smiled at them. “I’ll show you where you’re staying.”

“Fine just abandon me!” Jake teased.

“Where would you want to start?” Jake asked while sitting on his couch. This had to be the best way to do an interview, on his couch, holding Rayne into his side, feet kicked up on his coffee table, and knowing if he wants to just get up and do something he could. Nothing beat this for an interview.

“How about you tell me how it all happened? From start to finish. Not many people know much about your relationship. We all know you met on the beach after a head on collision. That you got married six months ago and you’ve worked on a few films together. Other than that your relationship is a big mystery.” Alyssa shrugged at them from the kitchen chair cross from them.

“Is that why if someone gets something out of us it’s a huge deal?” Rayne asked confused. Alyssa nodded at her. “Wow, we are good!” Her and Jake high-fived.

“Did you two try to keep it that way?” Alyssa mused confused.

“Ya we did. But now its almost a backlash.” Jake sighed hugging Rayne closer. “People think we’ve settled and we haven’t and we’re sick of people assuming and that’s why we’re doing this. But yes,” Jake looked down at Rayne. “We are the masters, they still think it was six months ago.” She giggled up at him.

“What’d you mean we still think it was six months ago?” Alyssa whispered lost. They were treating her like every other interviewer they’d ever encountered.

“How about this.” Jake sighed. “We,” he waved his hand between himself and Rayne. “Just tell you from the start, when we get there you’ll understand.” Jake laughed at her. Alyssa nodded at the idea. Jake sucked in a deep breath. “You wanna start?” Rayne sat up more and shrugged.

“Nah, you start, yours is better than mine. I mean I wake up in a drunken stupor.” Rayne giggled.

“Together?” Rayne clicked her tongue

“Together.”
♠ ♠ ♠
After this, we're at the begining and yes, the flashbacks will be retold.
Sorry if you find that annoying. There will be slight differences though.
Thank you for reading. It means alot to me.
Please comment. :]