Status: Slowly Active

What Makes It Wrong For Us To Fall In Love?

New School

-----5 months ago-----

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm screaming at me to get up. Today was my first day at the highschool called Dulaney High. I was new to this place, coming from Los Angeles, California to Baltimore, Maryland. I guess Mom and Dad just wanted a change of scenery. After all, we did live there our whole lives. I was happy for them, but what I wasn't happy for, was that I would be going to this highschool, and being that "new girl."

I swung my legs over the bed, picking clothes to wear for my first day of school. Well, technically for me. Maybe a plain purple and white striped shirt, and black skinny jeans would do. I chose that as my descision, then went to take a shower.

After I had cleaned myself up, fixed my hair, and brush my teeth; I went downstairs. I saw my mother cooking what seemed to be scrambled eggs. Yum.

"Why goodmorning sweetie, I made eggs for you. They're at the table"She smiled.

"Thanks Mom"I replied.

"So how excited are you for your first day of school at Dulaney?" She cheered. I just nodded my head in response, but the truth was; I was far from excited. I wouldn't be able to see my best friends from home that I had grown up with.

After taking about ten minutes to finish my breakfast, I waved to my mom, and headed outside my front porch for school. I didn't want mother driving me to school since she seemed so tired from unpacking yesterday. So I decided to walk to school, it was just two blocks away anyways.

Once I had turned the corner to the second block, I saw what was Dulaney High School. Home of the Lions. A few students were hanging out and chatting with some of their friends on the front of the school, while some were heading their way from the parking lot. Although, a few of them had the nerve to give me a confused look, signaling that they did not recognize me from anywhere.

Ignoring them, I went inside the front doors. I saw some more people staring at me when I had walked inside. I guess this is how seriously they welcome the new kids. I walked slowly into the office, greeting the lady at the front desk, and asking for my schedule.

Schedule for Alyssa Kennedy Taylor, Junior
DOB: May 17, 1986 | Date: September 10, 2004
Locker Number: 375 | Combination: 25, 40, 13

1. Accelerated English----------Burkhardt;Rm:302
2. Earth Science----------Enders;Rm:504
3. Physical Education----------Ensor;Gym
4. Lunch----------Cafeteria
5. U.S History----------Heaps; Rm: 220
6. AP Calculus---------Labbe;Rm:306
7. Art----------McConaughy;Rm:402
8. French----------Kopp; Rm: 502


When the bell rang, I walked into Room 302, preparing myself for lots of unusual stares, whispers, and awkward silences. When I opened my eyes, nobody was in the room, yet. I sighed in relief, and took a front row seat in the middle of the room. Right where the teacher's desk was. It wasn't like I was going to get into any trouble anyways, so it didn't matter. The teacher looked up and smiled.

Five minutes later, almost all of the seats were filled with students. I looked around to see everyone socializing with their peers.

I then heard two claps that echoed throughout the classroom, everyone's voices had died down, and faced to the front of the room. There was the teacher, a lady, with hair tied into a bun. She wore a floral skirt, and a cardigan. Typically what an adult teacher would wear.

"Alright class! Today, we have a new student, Alyssa" She smiled at me, and instructed that I wave my hand and turn around. I did so, but shyly. Right when I had turned around, the door bursted open. I jumped from the sudden loud noise and turned to the left of the room. In the doorway, was a brown-long haired boy trying to catch his breath. He was obviously running to get to class.

"Ahh, Mr. Gaskarth, glad you could join us this morning."The teacher said and tapped her foot, waiting for him to take a seat. He nodded slightly, quietly mumbeling a 'sorry', and went to take a seat in the back of the room.

I could already tell he was a troublemaker by the way his hair was styled, and how he barged into that room. I sure wouldn't be talking to him sometime. The teacher then took attendence, and I quietly mumbled a here when she said my name. Finally, his name was called.

"Alexander Gaskarth" she said, slightly looking up from her clipboard, as if to make sure he wasn't messing around in the back. Ah, so his name is Alexander? Classy name, sounds british-like. He mumbled a "here." I questioned why she would have to call his name again, when she already knew he was here. Whatever, it didn't mean that much. I zoned out, waiting for the teacher to be finished calling other student's name.

Once she was done, she started on the lesson. I didn't pay attention much because I already learned this in my other school.

I missed my other school, all my friends were there, and the teachers I had grown accustom to were there as well. I guess all good things come to an end. I didn't even notice the time fly by, but next thing I knew it, the bell had rang; signaling it was time to go to second period.

I took my bag and new homework with me. First day and I already have homework. Ugh. On my way out, I bumped into a figure. I dropped my homework. Groaning, I bent down to pick it up, but there was already a hand there picking it up for me.

"U-Um, thanks" I smiled a little.

"No problem," He winked. "I'm Alexander, but you can call me Alex" He smiled with open arms.

"U-Uh, Hi Alex, I'm Alyssa" I said, giving into his hug in an awkward manner.

"See you soon, gotta get to my other class" He smiled.

And with that, he walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promised you I would post the next chapter ;)
Well the first commenter was yerstargirl! Yeah, she's awesome. GO check out her story "The Heart Never Lies"
So yes, this is from when she first went to school in Baltimore. Hope you like, and comment!(:
Oh and if I get at least 2 more comments, I will post Chapter 3!

-Christine(:<3

P.S. I actually took the time to search up the real teachers there since I didn't have any ideas for fake teacher names