Status: Slowly Active

What Makes It Wrong For Us To Fall In Love?

Finding Out

Alyssa’s POV

“That was the most disgusting thing I have ever heard in my life.” I whispered to myself. Why did I stay on the line anyways? I have no clue. ‘Maybe I’ll just make fun of Alex for it tomorrow.’ I smirked to myself. ‘That’s a great idea.’ My conscience replied back to me. My phone buzzed, signaling that I had a new text message. Pressing the ‘open’ button, I began to read the text.

From: MelDawg (:
September 11, 2004. 4:32 PM
Hey girlie! Wanna hang out today?
XoXo


I quickly replied, my fingers roaming around the small keyboard of my phone.

To: MelDawg (:
September 11, 2004. 4:34 PM
Yeah, sure; but you have to come here.
Mom doesn’t allow me to go out when
I have homework :P
Address: 8123 Oakwood Drive; 21093.


I pressed the ‘send’ button, closing my phone. I started to do homework while waiting for a response from Melanie. About three minutes later, I got a reply text. Opening my phone, I read the text she had sent.

From: MelDawg (:
September 11, 2004. 4:37 PM
Alright. See you in a few<3
XoXo


While waiting for Melanie to arrive, I had continued writing the answers to my Calculus homework. Since I had actually paid attention this time, I got all of the problems done in a mere twenty minutes. ‘What’s taking her long? She’s probably pampering up.’ I concluded. Suddenly, I heard a faint doorbell ring downstairs. I ran out of my room, going down the staircase as fast I could without falling. I had found out that Mom had beaten me to the door, and she was standing in front of a shy Melanie.

“Alyssa, honey. Who is this lovely girl right here?” She asked me with a smile.

“Um, Mom. This is Melanie. She’s a friend from school,” I reassured her. Smiling, she patted my back, and then went back into the living room. From the faint noise of the television, I assumed she was watching Deal or No Deal; another one of her favorite game shows.”Melanie and me will be upstairs, alright Mom?” I asked. She waved me off in response.

“Thank you Mrs. Taylor.” Melanie shyly said; trailing behind me up the staircase. We went into the hallway turning to the second door on the right; otherwise known as my room. Once we were inside, Melanie’s jaw dropped and she squealed; running straight for my Blink-182 poster. “Oh my God! You have one of these? Where did you get it? I can’t find it anywhere!” She rambled one thousand words a minute. Her eyes widened even more; if that was possible. “You got Mark’s signature on it, too?! You’re such a lucky mother fucker.” She yelled even more.

“Shush it! My mom’s going to hear you! She doesn’t like when people cuss!” I scolded at her. She stopped yelling, but kept ogling at the poster on my wall. I rolled my eyes, going over to my old CD player I had gotten in California. Putting in my favorite record at the moment, Enema of the State; I pushed play. Since it was on shuffle, All the Small Things began to play. I nodded my head, snapping my fingers to the beat. Melanie went crazy; immediately jumping on my bed, and obnoxiously singing the lyrics at the top of her lungs.

“All the, small things, true cares, truth brings! I’ll take, one lift, your ride, best trip!” Melanie sang, jumping on my bed.

“Always, I know, you’ll be at my show! Watching, waiting; commiserating!” I sang back in time. If Mom walked in any second, she would think we were crazy.

“Say it ain’t so, I will not go, turn the lights off, carry me home! Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na! Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na! Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na! Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na!” We sang together. Laughing, Melanie fell backwards on my bed with a big thump.

“Alyssa, guess what?” Melanie asked. I raised my eyebrow at her.

“What?” I replied. She had a big grin on her face. I guess she was really cheerful right now.

“You’re my new best friend.” She replied simply, attacking me into a hug. A knock interrupted us from our hug. I let go of Melanie to find Mom at the door.

“Dinner is ready girls!” Mom happily exclaimed. I guess she was really happy I had made some friends. We followed her downstairs to find the sweet aroma of spaghetti. Once we had gotten downstairs, Melanie, Mom, and me sat down on the chairs surrounding the dining table. On each plate was a serving of spaghetti, followed by Caesar salad and a piece of toast. “You know, you guys can eat now?” Mom laughed; amused that Melanie had waited for her to sit down until eating. “So Melanie; how did you and my wonderful daughter, Alyssa, meet?” Mom asked. Interest in her eyes.

“We met in Math class, and this spaghetti is wonderful Mrs. Taylor! Is this one of your original recipes?” Melanie asked, taking a bite of the buttered toast.

“Oh, please call me Gina! And yes, it is one of my original recipes” Mom smiled. She then looked at me, giving that look that said ‘I like this girl.

Image

-----The Next Morning-----

I walked into the front doors of the school, immediately taking in the scent. Pacing my way around the corner, I had seen Jack by his locker. A few kids behind him were messing around, trying to hit each other. I sneaked up behind Jack, covering his eyes with my petite hands. “Guess who?” I giggled lightly.

“It’s Lyssa, duh!” He happily exclaimed; taking off my hands and closing his locker with a swift knock with his hand. He turned so he was facing me; the idiots in the back still messing around. “Hey Lyssa!” He smiled, pulling me into a bear hug.

“Can’t. Breathe. Jack,” I laughed, pretending to gasp for air. He immediately let go, showing his adorable grin. Jack was then pushed by the two idiots, and next thing I knew; his lips were on mine.

“I-I I’m so sorry, L-Lyssa! I-I didn’t mean it; they p-pushed me!” He yelled frantically, after immediately unlocking our lips. I started at him in disbelief; my mouth wide open.

“What the fuck, Alyssa!” Someone screamed behind me, interrupting us. I turned around, finding Melanie at the back of me; her face held a furious; saddened expression. “Did I just see what I thought I saw?!” She yelled at me.

“Melanie! I-I could explain! It’s not what it-“I was cut off.

“You don’t need to explain, Alyssa! I saw it with my own two eyes!” She yelled, pointing to her eyes. “Why did you fucking kiss him? You knew I liked Jack!” She yelled. Once she noticed what she said, her brown orbs went wide.

“Y-You what? You like m-me?” Jack interrupted; pointing to himself in shock. Melanie’s eyes filled with tears; instantly regretting that she had just confessed her love for Jack. A tear slid down her rosy cheek, and she immediately jogged the other way; her sobs I can hear from a distance. A few stares were directed her way, but she just ignored them. “Alyssa... Is this, I-Is this t-true? Does she really like me?” Jack asked me; sympathy showed in his eyes.

“U-Uh, better just get it out now. Y-Yeah, she does.” I nodded, biting my lip. ‘Oh, God. I hope Melanie is okay’ I thought to myself. The idiots in the back stopped messing around once the scene from earlier had occurred.

“Are you serious? U-uh, that’s…Cool,” He stuttered. I could sense he was nervous. I mean, I would be too, if I had found out that way. Jack then looked down, and started fidgeting with his fingers. “Alyssa, what should I do?” He asked; it was as if he was begging me for an answer.

“Uh, I don’t know. Just do whatever you think feels right at the moment,” I gave him a reassuring smile while touching his arm in a friendly matter. “Just don’t break her heart even more than it already is.” I added.

“Alright.” Jack sighed. It was obvious he was frustrated at the moment.

“Jack?” I questioned. He looked up at me, his eyes still holding frustration. “D-Do you like her back? I mean, by Melanie. Do you like her?” I hesitantly said. My words were tripping over my tongue; I didn’t know how to word it.

“I-I don’t know.” Jack whispered; head down. His eyes were fascinated by his pair of shoes.

Image

I walked into my AP Calculus class after the warning bell had rung. I took my usual seat next to Lisa, and gave her a quick hug. I had noticed Melanie wasn’t in her seat. My face softened, she was probably having a hard time. The teacher then started to talk attendance. Meanwhile, I turned in my seat to gossip with Lisa about the Alex incident yesterday evening.

“Hey Lisa!” I smiled, causing her to look up from her desk. She smiled at me, waving at me slightly. Right after I had said that, the door opened, revealing a Melanie with puffy eyes. It was clear that she had just finished crying. The teacher greeted her, and waited for her to take her seat next to us. I snuck a glance at Jack, noticing that he was, in fact, staring at her. She looked at me, regret and jealousy in her eyes. I gave her a small smile, mouthing to her that we needed to talk after class. She simply nodded her head in response, and turned in her seat.

“Hello Alys-“She was cut off

“Lisa Ruocco?” The teacher called out. ‘Phew. That was close. I thought we had gotten in trouble.’ I thought to myself.

“Here,” She called out quietly. Seconds later, she turned back to me. “So as I was saying, hello Alyssa,” She gave me a sincere smile. “What’s up?” She asked.

“Nothing mu-“I was cut off. Again. ‘Geez this is getting annoying’ I groaned in my head.

“Alyssa Taylor?” The teacher called out. I mumbled a slight ‘here’ in response. She moved on to the next student on the list after I had spoken.

“Okay, so as I said earlier. Nothing much, I just have something really embarrassing to tell you about Alex.” I smirked. Her eyes lit up. I knew she was one for gossip.

“Which Alex? Alex Gaskarth?” She asked. I nodded in response, signaling that it was that Alex. Her grin widened. “This is going to get interesting.” She snickered.

“Okay. Well yesterday, I was on the phone with Alex; he got it from Jack. I know he’s an idiot for letting Alex steal his phone. But anyways, I was on the phone with him, and he forgot to hang up. Guess what I heard?” I asked her, she shook her head.

“Nope, I don’t know,” She said, a slight hint of nervousness in her voice.

“He was having sex with some girl.” I whispered, giggling like a mad Kindergartener. I had no idea why I found this funny. Lisa was no longer smiling. In fact, she looked a little nervous. After all, she was biting her lip.

“U-uh, Ha-ha, that’s so funny,” She nervously said. I cocked my eyebrow at her; she was not acting normal right now. At all. “What?” She asked.

“Lisa, are you hiding something from me?” I curiously asked. It obviously looked like it.

“Psh, no! Not at all. Why would I be hiding something from you?!” She said, shaking her head extremely fast. She was getting suspicious.

“Really now?” I asked, leaning close to her side and staring her down. “Are you sure about that? Why can’t you tell me?” I demanded. It looked as if she was getting even more nervous; if that was possible, and she was looking at everyone and everything except me.

“Okay fine, I give up. Geez. Okay, so you said yesterday? Right? That “girl” was me. I had sex with Alex yesterday.” She whispered in shame. My orbs widened.

“What the fuck?!” I shouted, apparently loud enough for the teacher to hear.

“Language Ms. Taylor!” The teacher scolded, pointing at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is out late guys!
Also, I would like to thank EmoKisses for giving me a semi-idea! Read her story Brand New Eyes I love it<3 Also go read my friend Remeeyy's story!
I love you guys, all 76 of you(: 12 comments please?
Did anyone notice a "The Maine" analogy?
Oh, and did anyone see the Straight to DVD outtakes, when Jalex sings All The Small Things together? Hilarious! XD

Also, the song was My Worst Nightmare by Forever The Sickest Kids! You guys are good at this(;

"Sing us a song, and we'll sing it back to you. We could sing our own, but what would it be without you? This heart, it beats, beats for only you."