Sequel: Traveling Backwards
Status: Finished. You guys were awesome<3

You Just Broke Every Stereotype

Enmity

I let Lurk and Wolf walk in front of me. If I was walking next to Wolf, I couldn’t avoid him talking to me. I knew he would have to talk to me eventually, but I was putting it off as long as I could. Up ahead, Lurk quietly said something to Wolf.
“Why did I have to come?” he asked, sounding agitated.
“Because she wouldn’t unless someone else did. And you’re the least annoying out of all the guys,” replied Wolf, trying not to let me hear him. It wasn’t working.
“Thanks, I think,” replied Lurk. Wolf just nodded his head. He looked back at me, but I pretended to be fascinated with the rotting trees above my head.
We walked for a few more minutes until we arrived at an abandoned cemetery. Wolf sat on one of the headstones. He motioned for me to come and sit next to him. Lurk disappeared somewhere. I don’t know. I didn’t pay attention. I walked slowly over to Wolf, who couldn’t even look at me. What did he want? Why did he want us to be alone? He had to bring me to a cemetery? More importantly, why the fuck is there a cemetery in hell?
Finally, he spoke.
“Listen, Jaydee, I--” Suddenly three figures appeared in the distance. Wolf noticed them before I did.
“Shit,” he swore as he got up. “GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE KAIGE!” he yelled so loud, I was sure everyone could hear him. The figures came closer. I could see their faces. The guy in the middle had a look on his face I couldn’t describe. It was one of determination, but also joy. Like he was determined to come out here and ruin someone for his enjoyment. Probably a bastard. I glanced over at Wolf. He was tense, and gritting his teeth. I put my hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down. He pushed it away, and I backed up. Wolf and the other guys were face to face now.
“Heard you bit the human girl,” the guy in the middle said, with a smirk on his face. I’m guessing it was Kaige. Wolf remained silent. Kaige came up to me. He took my head and turned it, exposing the bite mark on my neck.
“So it’s true. Well done, Wolf. Didn’t know you had the balls to break the rules. Well no, it probably didn’t take that many balls since she’s such a whore. I bet she was easy. Probably didn’t even try to stop you when you leaned in to bite her.”
More like… one, I was plastered to the fucking wall. Two, I was fucking terrified. Three, there’s not exactly an instinctual reaction when someone comes at you with fangs and starts piercing holes in your neck to suck your blood. Mother Nature forgot to include that.
Wolf was still silent. But I could tell he was about to explode.
“Such a little slut… At least I know where to go now when I crave a little fresh blood,” Kaige said as he stared me down.
“Don’t. You. Dare,” Wolf managed to say between clenched teeth. The tone of his voice sent shivers up my spine.
“Ooh, I’m scared…” Kaige laughed, “Remember, you’re the one that bit her first, motherfucker.”
Wolf took one step forward and swung at him. Hit him in the neck. Kaige stumbled backward, clutching his throat. He was gasping for air. Wolf stood over him, glaring at him with eyes set to kill.
“Wolf,” I whispered, but loud enough so he could hear me, “Don’t.” He looked back at me, keeping his eyes fixed on mine for what seemed like an eternity. They were filled with rage. Enmity. He was a monster. Then he looked back at his victim, who was still trying to catch his breath. He stood there for a few moments, then slowly backed away. He turned around, grabbed my wrist, and started running, pulling me along with him at a pace I could barely keep up with. I glanced back at Kaige, who was now sitting up. He cracked a smile, and winked at me. I turned away and looked up at Wolf, but he was too focused on getting away. He didn’t return the look. His grip was so strong, his knuckles were white, and my wrist was numb. I focused on my surroundings as they passed me by. I was supposed to call this home?
♠ ♠ ♠
for those of you who dont know...
Enmity is a "pre-disposed intent to kill"
xD
Comment? O.o
I think you should.