Your Tongue Taste of Cyanide - It Taste Like a Summerfling

Part 12

“So what do you think of this?”

I tilted my head to the side with a wondering look, at Whip who thoughtfully took a drag of his cigarette while looking out over the water.

“What do I think about what?” I asked while brushing away the sand that had gathered under my forearm.

It was the last day before me and my family would go home, Whip would stay a few days longer, and mum had forced us both away to the beach. Apparently spending all of the vacation in Whip’s bed wasn’t as a good as an idea to mum as it was to Whip and I.

I wondered why...

Whip looked at me with a grin.

“About us.”

I raised an eyebrow. “There’s an ‘us’?”

“What do you want me to say then?”

“Us kinda sounds good.” I leaned to my side, my shoulder brushing against his as I caught his lips with my own, feeling his mouth softly move against mine. “So, what is there to think about ‘us’?”

Whip chuckled and shook his head, leaning back a little bit. “You’re too cute sometimes, ya’know.”

“And you’re to soft sometimes.” I teased back, moving away with a laugh when he tried to tickle me. “But seriously, what did you mean?”

“I just wonder what will happen when this trip is over. Will we get together back home in Sweden or is this just a summerfling?”

“Oh.”

Thoughtfully I looked out on the water glittering brightly by the sun, suddenly realizing why I had been so sweet towards Whip. I knew that I fucking adored this guy, he made my heart beat as like no one else could, but I was afraid that something would change when we came back to Sweden. That what we had now, here, would get lost somewhere when we came back to Sweden.

“Cat?”

“Don’t hate me.” I said and swallowed hard.

“Of course not.” Whip reached out his hand and laced our fingers together. “I think I already know that answer though. Unfortunately.”

I tightened my grip around his hand while forcing back my tears, still not looking at him while I tried to stop thinking that I was an ass for saying this and felt that I was pathetic for reacting like this.

“Summerfling.” I whispered hoarsely. “I rather keep just the memory of you and some of the best weeks in my life then risk to have it all ruined back at home when we realize that we don’t work together as a couple.”

“Hey, it’s okay sweetie.” He tugged on my hand and made me look at him. “It really is Cat.”

“I... I loved... this time here with you.” I whispered with an apologizing tone and kissed him long. “I really did.”

“I loved the time here with you too Eric.”

We stayed on the beach until the sun went down and it went dark, then we went back to his room where we spent our last night together.

When I woke up in the morning I quickly gathered all my clothes and left after pressing a pathetically tear filled kiss against his forehead. To wake him up for a real goodbye would be too hard. And I didn’t wanted him to see me cry, something I did the minute the plane left the ground with my blanket wrapped tightly around me and my mum stroking me over my hair.

I tried telling myself that reacting this way was just stupid. After all, it was just a summerfling.

Right?

Image

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
For some reason I imagine having tomatos and spoons thrown after me :p

I really loved everybodies comments last time when I told you that this chapter would be the last one, and that's why I have decided that I shall write the sequal :p It will probably take a while thought, but I'll post here when the new story starts so just stay subscribed :)

Hope you liked it anyway, kisses and thanks for staying through the whoel story *hugs everybody*.