In the Arms of Forever

Chapter 8

All through the rest of the day and late into the night the guys were hammering and chopping at the ice that entrapped you in the frozen prison. Legolas had both his sabers out using them some what like a drill he was almost through the amazingly thick ice and his hands were turning blue but he refused to stop his hands were so deep in the ice that you couldn't even see them any more. He was the only person not to take a break. He tried to get out of eating dinner to stay and drill but you and Arizon gave him the puppy dog eyes until finally he gave in. He slowly pulled his hands from the narrow hole he had drilled the ice was flooded in thick red liquid. He pulled his hands the rest of the way out and they were soaked in his own blood. Legolas' hands started shaking and his face was drained of all color. He fell to his knees as you rushed to him as every one stood frozen. "Get me some clean cloths NOW!" you screamed at everyone. Arizon was the first one to react, she raced to the bag throwing clothes and pot and pans every where searching frantically. "It's ok Legolas look at me focus." you spoke to him soothingly. He looked at you as if you weren't even there he seemed to look strait through you, his eyes were sort of glazed over. "He's losing a lot of blood here Arizon." you yelled back at her. "Got them." she ran towards you towels in hand. You took the towels and wrapped his shaking hands as best you could with out knowing where exactly the blood was coming from. You managed to get enough blood off his hand and arms to see that they were mangled to a point which they barely looked human. "Do we have any bandages?" you asked the others. "There's some in one of the bags." Sam stuttered nervously. "Can you get them please?" You said a little irritated. Sam was soon back with as many bandages as he could find. You wrapped up Legolas' arms as quickly as you could. You could tell he had lost a lot of blood and if you didn't stop the bleeding you would lose him. His face was so pale that even his beautiful eyes were losing color. He started swaying back and forth and you knew he was going to pass out. You took him to the nearest blanket where he collapsed. You got up and wiped the blood from your hands as everyone started asking you questions like what happened?, is he going to be ok?, what are we going to do?, You got up ignoring their questions, and went over to the hole he was drilling. You reached in to get his sabers out and out came the sabers. As you pulled your hand out it was soaked up to your elbow in Legolas' blood. You couldn't figure out what happened. You reached in again and this time you hand hit the outside part of the hole and it came in contact with a very sharp piece of ice. "His hands were so cut up by the ice by the time they started getting cut they were already so cold they were numb so he didn't feel it we're lucky we made him stop or he could have chopped off all of his skin." you informed the others. They just stared at you then turned to look at Legolas. Arizon was on the brink of tears you were also but you tried desperately to hide it, failing miserably as they fell down your cheeks. When you looked over at him the bandages were already soaked with blood but those were the only bandages you had. For the rest of the day and part of the night everyone just sat there and watched Legolas sleep, until one by one by one, everyone fell asleep except, you and Arizon. "I'm so scared." she whispered to you. "I am too." you whispered back. "But your not afraid of anything Idril." she looked at you surprised. "When Legolas pulled his hands out covered in blood I was so scared I thought that I was going to faint." you said smiling at her. "I hope he's ok." she said stroking his hair. "I know about you and Legolas kissing." you told her not looking up from Legolas. "You do?" she asked. "yeah, you know what I thought, I wish that was me." you told her. "Yeah but he's mine." she said in a shaky almost self doubting voice. "Yeah whatever I was just creating conversation." you said kind of hurt that she'd think you'd try to steal him from her. "You better be." she said mock threatening you. "Or what?" you asked her. "Let's just say I know where you sleep." Arizon said back at you. "likewise." you retorted. "Doesn't matter I'd win in a fight." she said trying to scare you. "Just who saved whose life." you asked knowing you were right. She gave you a really nasty look and stormed off to go to bed. You had gentle tears plummet down you face silently crying into your hands. Suddenly you felt someone stroke your hair and you looked up only to see Legolas smiling up at you from where he lay. "Oh you’re a wake." you said through your tears. "shhh" he hushed you gently. "Why are you crying?" he asked as if he had a soar throat. "It's not important." you said quickly brushing the tears away. "It was important enough to make you cry." he said. "You always make me feel so special and important and needed." you said starting to cry again. "You are needed if you weren't here I...I don't know what would have happened to me, I might not even be here." he said gazing lovingly at you. You blushed, and he slowly sat up to talk to you face to face. "You were so focused on getting us out of here that you cut up your hands." you said gently putting you hand on the bloody bandages on his. "It's my fault we were in here in the first place I said to get in the cave." you said crying even harder. "No you probably kept us safe by doing that this is not your fault." he said gently turning your head to face him with his bandaged hand. "But if...” you started to say but he cut you off by pulling you into a gently but loving kiss. You closed you eyes and savored every moment. As he pulled away a smile caressed both of your lips showing his white teeth. "You better get some sleep." you said as you laid your head down near his. He placed his bandaged hand on yours making you feel so secure that you fell asleep almost instantly even though you wished that night would go on forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOh La La....I wonder what will happen next...YOU won't know unless you READ ON!!! WOOOO