Let the Walls Break Down

I Told You He Drinks Too Much

“Don’t you think Kirstie and Alex would be so cute together?” I asked Todd as we were getting ready to go cake and wine tasting a few days after the concert.

“Whatever,” he mumbled while pulling a shirt over his head.

I looked at him oddly, but he never returned my look. Should I ask him about this? I know he hates ATL, but… It’s Kirstie. She’s showing signs of getting over Josh… He should be supportive! But I didn’t press him. He came over and wrapped his toned arms around me.

“Ready for today?” he asked before kissing my cheek.

“Uh huh. Yummy cake with my yummy fiancé,” I smiled before returning his kiss.

His gorgeous smile came over him as he left the sweetest kiss on my lips. Just as he deepened it, we hear a loudfake cough. Todd and I quickly pulled apart only to see Kirstie standing in the doorway.

“I still don’t see how you can kiss that... thing,” Kirstie teased, smirking at Todd.

“I don’t see how Jos…” Todd started, but I quickly butted in.

“Let’s go eat cake!” I excitedly said while tugging on Todd’s arm to get moving.

Kirstie walked out before us. Todd let out a groan. What’s wrong with my Toddie today? Before I could question, he laid a big kiss on my lips.

“Why does she have to go?” he pouted, but I knew he was teasing.

“What’s wrong with you? You’re being grumpy. Where’s my cocky Toddie Bear?” I teased while running my finger down his chest.

“I don’t like seeing Kirstie with other guys. I know I tease her a lot, but… I like her and Josh together,” he softly spoke while resting his head on my shoulder.

Aw… he’s so cute! I smiled and brought my hand up to rub the back of his neck. We stayed like this for a few seconds… that was until I heard a horn honk. Todd let out another groan and slowly pulled away from me.

“Baby, we can’t force her and Josh to be together. We just have to be there for them in their new relationships,” I told him before we walked out to his truck.

He mumbled out something as he climbed into the driver seat of his truck. I smiled at his cuteness as I worked my way up into the passenger seat.

To my surprise, Todd stayed pretty quiet most of the day… I HATED IT! I love listening to his husky voice… and I wasn’t getting that today. Kirstie seemed to like it. Every time she made a comment that Todd would usually respond too, she smirked.

As we tasted our last cake option, Kirstie started texting her little fingers off. This seemed to spark Todd’s interest. YAY! He’s talking now!

“Who are you texting?” he asked once Kirstie’s smile came over her face.

“Alex,” she said, making her smile grow so much more. Aw.

“That guy is so cute,” I smiled, making Todd shoot a look at me. I just smiled innocently.

“He is!” Kirstie smiled back.

“It thought you said Josh was cute?” Todd smirked, making me want to slap him.

Kirstie got quiet after that. STUPID TODD! Ok… maybe I don’t love him talking all the time… just most of the time. Now, Todd was running off the hatch about him hanging out with Josh the other day when Kirstie and I went dress shopping. Kirstie seemed to check out after that. I don’t blame her. I bet she wanted to punch Todd a lot more than I did right now.

After our yummy cake eating, Todd and I decided on red velvet… YUM! I knew that’s what I wanted anyway. Our colors were white, red, and black. Our cake was going to be white with red frosting, which totally isn’t a traditional wedding cake, or red with white frosting. I’m so happy Todd picked red velvet.

“Do we pick out our wine next?” Todd asked, seeminga little too eager to go to it.

“Cause alcohol is just what you need,” Kirstie mumbled while keeping her eyes glued to her phone with her fingers seeming to go a mile a minute.

“You drive me to drink, Kirstie,” Todd said back while rubbing his hands over his face.

“I’m surprised you don’t drive Ky to be an alcoholic,” she said back.

“I’m surprised Jos…” he started with the Josh thing again.

“Would you two stop it?” I asked getting annoyed… fast.

They both huffed and crossed their arms. Are you kidding me? How old are you two? I don’t even want to go do anything else now with these too. But we did…Todd had a few glasses of wine in him. He seemed to chill out now…Looks like I’ll be driving home…

“I like this one,” Todd said after he downed the last glass.

“Any others?” I asked, wanting variety at this wedding thing.

“All of them,” he giggled.

I rolled my eyes and picked my favorite. There…we’ll have two! We need to get out of here fast.

“I told you he drinks too much,” Kirstie kind of said in a sing songy voice.

“I do not. You’re just jealous because your Joshie never drank. That guy didn’t know how to have a good time,” Todd replied, showing the little buzz that he had going.

“Josh never drank because he cared too much about his racing to even consider partying like you do. I wish Kylee wouldn’t marry you now. In ten years you’re going to have the biggest beer gut anyone’s ever seen!” she shot back.

Before Todd could open that big mouth of his, I clasped my hand over his mouth. He shot me a glare that I returned, making his expression lighten.

“I think it’s time for us to go home,” I suggested.

Neither Kirstie nor Todd said anything so I took this as my opportunity to pull Todd towards his truck. No! I have to drive a Toyota! What part of I’m a Chevy girl doesn’t this guy understand? But I sucked it up and drove it home anyway.

“Ky,” Todd said once we started our journey home. “I love you,” he said in a goofy way. It made me laugh, but I glanced in the review mirror to catch Kirstie roll her eyes.

“I love you too, baby,” I smiled.

He mumbled out cute little lovey things the rest of the way home. They made me smile. I think it kind of annoyed Kirstie, but… she never said anything. She just went right on texting her little AG.

When we finally made it, Todd left a longing kiss on my lips when he came around the driver’s side. I didn’t want to pull away, but… Kirstie was right there. All that wine messed with his breath though…He could use a tic tac.

But I did smile at him once we parted. He tried tugging me inside, but I said I had to tell Kirstie goodbye. He gave her a look beforestumbling waking inside.

“You’re marrying that. Just remember that, Ky,” she said.

“He’s just… a little upset with a few things,” I said, knowing Todd doesn’t let his sensitive side show to too many people. I’m sure he wouldn’t want Kirstie to know what he said.

“Whatever. As long as you’re happy, Ky,” she replied while walking back to her car.

As she did, her phone went off. She smiled before pressing it to her ear. I rolled my eyes, trying not to agree with Todd’s words from earlier today as I went inside to be with mywine-buzzed finance.I like her and Josh together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would have posted this sooner, but i had to actually write a chapter lol i like it though :D

Todd, Ky, & Kirstie :D

comment pretty please :D