Let the Walls Break Down

Don’t Call Me Sweetheart… Hairy!

Kylee Potter… (still not used to that, but I love it!) is on a mission today. She’s going to be the genius that gets Kirstie’s memory back… or so I hope. I have it all planned out though. I rummaged through all the pictures Kirstie and I have taken since we moved into our house. Hopefully, something triggers her memory back.

I was still looking through them before I left. They weren’t of Kirstie and I, but… of Todd and I. They were so cute. I couldn’t put them down. To tell you the truth, I probably would have sat there all day and went through them. Thankfully, Todd came in though.

“Ky, you said you were leaving soon and all I see is your sexy butt sitting on the floor,” he teased as he slowly walked over.

“I found these,” I smiled up at him while showing him the stack of photos that I had in my hands.

The one on top was from the first X Games we went to as a couple. It was from Best Whip… Kirstie took it. It’s one of my favorite pictures… besides our wedding ones.

“You looked so good that night,” he smiled before sitting down next to me and leafing through more pictures.

“You looked better though,” I smiled back while wrapping my arms around his middle and resting my chin on his shoulder.

“I could go on all day. Don’t even try,” he smirked.

I rolled my eyes teasingly and left a kiss on is cheek. That smirk of his lessoned into a smile before he went back to flipping through the pictures. The next picture that he stopped on was from his truck when I had broken my leg. Just the memory mad me smile.

“I got to go, babe. I told Kirstie I’d meet her there,” I tired pushing my thoughts aside to get up.

“People trust her driving in her amnesic state?” he taunted with a cute grin.

“Todd,” I looked down at him with my hands on my hips.

“Love you,” he cooed while stringing the words out.

“Love you too. I’ll be back in a few hours,” I said over my shoulder as I walked out of the room.

Even though Todd was whining that he needed a hug, I ignored it, but it was really hard! I did tell Kirstie I was supposed to be at the studio fifteen minutes ago… CRAP!

When I got to the studio in record time, Kirstie’s vehicle was already there. SHOOT! I hurried inside and saw her sitting out in the lounge, sipping on her Red Bull, waiting patiently.

“Took you long enough,” she teased after I breathed in a much needed sigh.

“Sorry, Todd came up to our room and…” I started, but she quickly cut me off.

“That hobo looking guy? You live with him?” she asked, obviously forgetting our little conversation in the hospital…I blame the drugs and not her weirdness.

“Kirstie, I married the guy like three months ago. Don’t you remember? You were my maid of honor… You caught my bouquet of flowers… You and your JG got back together,” I smiled at the end.

JG?” he questioned.

JG… She doesn’t remember JG! Come on, Kirstie. Anyone with half a brain and knows motocross would know that JG is Josh Grant! Ok… I need to chill out. Getting frustrated right now is not a good idea.

“JG is Josh Grant… your boyfriend… Just Gorgeous?” I asked, hopeful that she would remember at least one of those things.

She just shook her head with a sorrowful look in her eyes. I shrugged it off though. We’ve got pictures to go through! I led her back to my office and pulled up a chair for her. There were so many stacks on my desk. Her eyes almost popped out when she saw them all.

“How long are going to be here?” she asked, her eyes going from the stacks of pictures to me.

“As long as it takes!” I said excitedly and handed her a stack full as I sat next to her to try to explain them.

Do you want to know how long we’ve been here? Three hours! There has been no progress either. Is Kylee frustrated? Uh… YEAH!

“I’m sorry. This guy’s cute, but… I’ve never seen him before,” she said after we went through all of the pictures.

I made sure the last stack was nothing but her and Josh… NOTHING! I couldn’t help it. I smacked my head down on the desk. Right when I did, the door opened. The heavy shuffle of Todd’s Etnies could be heard. I smiled, but… I didn’t sit up.

“Ky, you should call the cops… that hobo’s here,” she whispered to me. I rolled my eyes and bit my tongue… for a few seconds.

“Kirstie, that’s my husband,” I said to her just as Todd… and Josh walked in.

“You go from Corey to… that thing?” she asked with a look of disgust on her face.

“Well, you aren’t much to look at either, sweetheart,” Todd teased, making me smile up at him. Maybe his teasing will help her!

“Don’t call me sweetheart… Hairy!” she shot at him.

“Looks like you’ve made progress,” he smirked while bending down to give me a quick kiss.

“It’s going wonderfully,” I replied with so much sarcasm in my voice that it made Todd chuckle.

“Josh and I got bored so we figured we’d stop by,” he said before he plopped himself down on my lap.

“Hi, Josh!” I said obnoxiously while adding a wave.

He smiled a huge smile that I haven’t seen in so long and waved back. Kirstie looked at him and a small smile formed. Well, at least we know Josh can still make her red in the face.

“How you let that thing sit on your lap, I have no idea,” Kirstie said under her breath.

“I have a name. It’s not thing… or hobo… or homeless guy… It’s Todd,” he said, starting to let his annoyance show through.

“Ok, hobo,” she said as she got up and walked out of my office.

“Ok… she was annoying before, but… now…” he sighed, unable to finish his thought.

“I can hear you, Todd!” she shouted.

“Shut up, Kirstie!” he shot back.

“Why should I listen to a homeless guy?” she yelled from her office.

“Kirstie, he’s not homeless. I live in his house with him. You know this stuff. Just remember,” I said with my voice fading towards the end.

I let out a sigh and then hugged onto Todd. I don’t know why. But it took a lot of my frustration away. Good ole, Toddie. He smiled down at me and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.

I happened to glance over in Josh’s direction and saw him looking down at the floor. My smile came over me as I pushed Todd off of me. I went over and stood in front of Josh. He looked up at me with an unsure expression.

“You look like you need a hug, Joshie,” I teased while opening my arms for him.

A small smile came over him before he stood up to pull me into a tight hug. I knew he was hurting… and I hated it. Josh and I have a different relationship than Todd and Kirstie have. I don’t know what to call it, but I know we’re not as close as those two. Sometimes I wish it were different, but… I guess as long as he loves Kirstie and is treating her right, then I’m totally happy with whatever relationship we have. I just wished Kirstie remembered that she loves this amazing guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was so mean to Todd in this chapter... I'm sad now :( lol jk :D

Kylee

comment pretty please :D