Let the Walls Break Down

Do I Look That Pregnant?

So… about a month’s gone by. I think Kirstie hates me. We haven’t really talked to each other. I feel horrible for it. But my hormones have been so jacked up. The only person’s that’s able to put me in my place is… Todd. I would love to talk to Kirstie, but... I can’t do it whenever we’re in the studio together.

“What’s wrong, Ky?” Todd asked once he walked into the living room where I was sitting on the couch in the corner in a ball.

“I feel like I did the wrong thing by not telling Kirstie,” I sighed as he laid next to me and pulled me onto his chest.

“Well, tell her,” he almost chuckled.

“But… what if she’s really upset that she wasn’t one of the first people that we told. She’s supposed to be the godmother of…”

I would have kept going on, but he pressed his plump lips against mine. With my hormones the way they are, I kissed him back heatedly. Once we parted, I was breathless… and then he had to smile that bright grin.

“What was I talking about?” I asked, my mind not cooperating with anything right now. The only thing I was focused on was Todd.

“How you can’t wait to go to bed and cuddle with me tonight,” he smirked while leaving kisses on my neck.

I didn’t have time to respond to anything. He got to his feet quickly and scooped me up in his arms. I clung to him as he carried me up the stairs and gently laid me down on our comfy bed where we cuddled the night away.

In the morning, I got up and didn’t throw up! Oh, I was so excited. I had a smile plastered to my face all morning… until I put my shirt on. I don’t know if I looked pregnant, but… I noticed my tummy.

“Aw,” Todd cooed as he passed, but rerouted to poke his head in the doorway.

“It’s not aw! Kirstie doesn’t know. I can’t go into the office looking pregnant!” I tried not to shout.

“Babe, you’re almost three months. You’re going to start showing sometime,” he smiled cutely.

“But… I don’t want Kirstie to know anything before I tell her,” I pouted as his arms found their way around my waist.

“Just tell her today,” he replied in such a soothing tone.

I pouted more, but he just smiled and kissed my lips quickly. He gave me a few more encouraging wordsand kisses before I left. He was riding with a few guys today. He doesn’t need me lingering around.

“Wait, Ky, your phone,” Todd yelled after me just as I opened the door to walk out of it.

“It’s dead. I’ll just leave it here today,” I replied before walking out to my car.

When I made it to the studio, I sat in my car for a few more minutes, trying to collect my thoughts. Ok, so… I’m going to go in there and tell Kirstie! Rightwrong!

Once I stepped inside, Kirstie was at the front desk. I smiled at her, but… she didn’t even attempt to return it. Uh oh…

“So, when were you going to tell me?” she asked, sounding so agitated.

“Tell you what?” I asked, trying to play dumb.

YOU HAVING A BABY!” she shouted.

Oh… um… well…

“I was going to tell you today,” I softly said while dropping my gaze from hers.

Today? After you’re what? Four months along?” she questioned, getting angrier with each word. Oh my god… Do I look that pregnant?

“I’m almost three,” I corrected, trying to approach this calmly, which is hard with my hormonal state right now.

“That makes it so much better. Kylee, I’m your friend; your best friend! How could you not tell me this? You were the first person I told when Josh and I had that issue!”

“I’m sorry! No one knows except our parents… wait… How did you find out?” I asked, so curious now.

“The doctor’s office called… the same one we went to! They said they wanted to confirm that you were still going in tomorrow. At first they thought I was you. But once I said that I wasn’t coming in, because I’m not pregnant, they asked if this was Kylee Potter,” she smirked, obviously upset.

“Kirstie, I’m sorry. I just didn’t want to tell anyone until I got into my second trimester,” I tried to explain.

“You just don’t get it! You could have at least mentioned it. Oh, Kirstie, I think I may be pregnant. How hard is that?

“I can’t tell you anything than sorry right now. I’m pregnant. There! I told you,” I snapped.

Without saying another word, she whirled around and went straight to her office. So, I went into mine… and cried.

I didn’t think anything like this would happen. I hated it. Kirstie’s mad at me… over something like this. I knew I should have told her. Why do I even listen to myself? But right now, I have my pretzel M&Ms to comfort me since my Toddie is off riding his little Honda.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH NO!

Ky

comment pretty please!