Let the Walls Break Down

He's Up To Something

My mother called me out of the blue and told me that I had to come home. Right away, I thought something was horribly wrong. But as the conversation went on, she told me that they were just having a Rush get together… and she wanted Todd there.

Urg, what if I had something to do? What if I had deadlines to meet for submitting photos? What if Todd was lying in the hospital from some horrific crash? Ok… I’m stopping with the what if’s right now.

“TODD!” I yelled up the stairs, assuming that was where he was.

“I’m right here, gorgeous,” he said from right behind me.

He scared the crap out of me! He made me jump off the couch too. I turned around quickly and smacked his arm.

“Don’t do that again,” I shot at him, making him laugh at my reaction.

“I’m sorry. What’d you want, babe,” he asked with a smile as he pulled me into a tight warm hug.

“My mom called,” I sighed, trying to get my heart rate down.

It didn’t work too well. No matter what, it always jumps whenever I’m around Todd. He’s just that dreamy.

“Is it bad?” he questioned before leaving a soft kiss on the top of my head and leading me over to the couch.

“No, I guess they’re putting together something with the family and they want us there,” I replied while looking up into his dark brown eyes.

“Lets go!” he countered excitedly while trying to get to his feet quickly.

“Why are you so excited?” I asked, eyeing him oddly as he stood.

“No… reason. Come on, Ky. It’s you’re family. We haven’t seen them in forever. Hurry up, sexy,” he teased while smacking my butt before I stood up.

I groaned as I rolled off the couch and went to get a few things around. I wasn’t excited to go. Sure it’s my family, but… I just want to be with Todd right now. He hasn’t mentioned anything about getting married! Let me tell you, I have not been stressed about it either. I want to be able to enjoy this while hisbig mouth stays shut.

But I went and got a few things packed and now we’re on our way to my parents. I hope my whole family isn’t there. I love them to death, but… there’s just so many of them! It’s so hard to keep track of them all.

As soon as Todd and I got there, he was whisked away. People treated him like he was an alien! They asked him so may questions and wanted to talk to him about everything. Of course, Todd being the chatterbox that he is, he just conversed right along with them. I took this as the perfect opportunity to plop myself down on a lawn chair on the back porch where only my brother was.

He talked to me for a little bit, but then Todd came out. Being the overly social people that they are, my family followed… and yes, I’m pretty sure it was my whole family that came.

After about an hour of us being here, Todd came over and plopped himself on my lap. I tried so hard not to smile at him, but… he’s so cute. And that innocent grin on his face didn’t help anything either.

“I lost your dad. Have you seen him?” he asked while I wrapped my arms around his hunky middle.

“Well, since he’s not out here, I would assume that he’s inside. Why?” I asked, looking at him funny.

“No reason. I’ll be back,” he said quickly. He left a soft kiss on my cheek before he got up and walked back inside.

“He’s up to something,” I told Adam.

“He’s always up to something,” he smirked.

“Shut up,” I shot at him, but we both smiled at each other.

We sat there, talking about all the stuff that’s been going on in our lives. It was exciting to hear about his band thing. I’m still jealous of him. But I never told him.

Todd had been gone for a good ten minutes. I was going to go look for him, but he came out… He wouldn’t look at me though. A new expression appeared in his eyes…Was he… nervous? But then he started running off hisbig mouth.

“Can I uh, have everyone’s attention please?” his voice boomed.

Oh, god. What’s he doing? Todd, please use your head. This is the first time you’re meeting some of my family.Don’t make an idiot out of yourself.

“So, I know I just met some of you today, but Ky and I have been together for two years now. I love her so much,” he said with a smile while his eyes locked on mine.

Multiple aw’s could be heard all around from everyone. Isn’t my Toddie cute?

“I couldn’t imagine going a day without hearing her voice, seeing those bright blue eyes shining at me, holding her tightly against me,” he went on, making my smile grow even more. “She knows how much she means to me. I tell her all the time, but I know she loves hearing it. Every time I do, her smile gets brighter just like it is now,” he paused once again and took a few steps towards me.

The silence got a little awkward, but that all changed once I saw the sparkle in his eyes. I smiled at him as he put his hands in is pockets and stood in front of me. Once he pulled his hands out of his jeans he… got down on one knee.

A thin gloss came over my eyes while I brought my hand up to shield them from him. He wasn’t going to. No, not here. I didn’t want to cry either… not in front of my family. A wave of happy gasps escaped from my on looking family also.

“Ky, baby, look at me,” he softly said as he grabbed my left hand.

I slowly brought my other hand down and met his gorgeous gaze. My smile forced its way through by seeing this. Then I saw that little black velvet box. I couldn’t breathe as I watched him take the ring out of it with his other hand still in mine.

“Kylee Rush, will you marry me?” he asked in the sweetest softest voice that I have ever heard him speak in.

A few tears fell from my eyes once I looked up from the gorgeous ring to him. So, it all comes down to this huh? This question with a short answer. Yes… or no. But I couldn’t kid myself. Todd’s the only one for me. I couldn’t imagine being with anyone else or even without him. Why the heck am I this emotional though? I’m not a crier. I don’t cry when I’m overly happy.

“Of course I will, Todd,” I wheezed out, smiling once I saw those eyes of his light up and his smile shine so much brighter now.

He took my promise ring off my finger and replaced it with my new one. After this was down I cupped both of his cheeks with my hands and pulled him in for a kiss that he so deserved. As we were sharing this amazing kiss, my family started clapping in the background… what dorks!

Before we could even part, my brother scooped both of us up in his arms and started to fake sob. I swear he’s adopted!

“Ah, I finally have a brother!” Adam attempted to fake cry while he held Todd and I tightly.

“Adam, get away. I want to kiss my fiancée,” I whined while trying to cling to Todd as much as I could.

My statement made them both laugh. But I got my way. Quickly after Adam let us go, my whole family rushed towards us. Are you kidding me? I want my Toddie to myself right now thank you very much!

The congratulations lasted about thirty minutes. Once my mother finally got done hugging us, I grabbed onto Todd’s hand and led him through the house… straight up to my old room. Why my parent’s haven’t changed it yet, I have no idea. But right about now, I’m not complaining.

The second I closed the door behind me; I leaned my back on it and held my fiancée tightly against me. He gave me the brightest smile just before our lips met. I love these kinds of kisses. Even though they leave me breathless, they’re the most amazing thing ever.

“I love you,” I gasped while cupping his scruffy cheek.

“I love you too, baby” he smiled while pushing some of my bangs out of my face.

“Oh my gosh! I have to tell Kirstie,” I said, suddenly excited as I dug in my pocket for my phone.I think Kirstie’s ADHD is contagious.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Todd rolling his stunning eyes. It was cute though. I kissed his little nose and plopped down on my bed. As I heard the sound of her ringback tone filling my ears, (ATL… shocking!) Todd came over and laid his head on my lap.

I let out a happy sigh as the thought of seeing this face every day came to me. He’s so gorgeous. Oh I can’t wait! Kylee Potter… has a nice ring to it huh?
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw....like you didn't see this coming lol :)

Kylee & Todd

COMMENT!!!... please :(