Parallel Worlds

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"What happened?" Teddy questioned Charlotte.
"Not now Teddy!" Charlotte said rushing after Ali and Lily. As Teddy finally arrived in the studio, he saw everybody else was already there. Charlotte
rushed over to Ed where she was talking rapidly, whilst glancing around the
room, whilst using big hand gestures. He looked at her puzzled. She looked awfully excited, but then again, it was Charlotte.
About ten minutes later, they were all posing for a band photo. Everyone was surprised when they saw Alex was smiling for the camera. Charlotte didn't think he'd be smiling for no reason and she looked eagerly around to see why. As she turned to her left she saw that Lily was staring at Alex, and had blushed profusely.
The camera snapped and they photo was done. Almost immediately,
Alex walked over to Lily and whispered.
"You made me smile in a photo. Well done" and he walked slowly back to Ali,
Teddy and Dan, who were pleading with the photographer to let them play with
the cameras again.
"What you thinking about?" Ed asked Charlotte.
"Nothing" Charlotte said, pulling herself back to earth.
"Sure..." Ed said, cheekily
poking her. They were giggling when Lily ran over and snapped a shot of them
laughing together.
"Oi! Delete that right now!" Charlotte yelled, chasing Lily.
"Nope. I want to record your first romantic moment forever" Lily sang teasingly.
Charlotte made a grab for the camera, but before she could, Ali called for it, and Lily
threw it to him. He caught it and because Ali and Lily were no team for poor Charlotte, she gave in. Charlotte pouted before walking back over to Ed.
"I think it's time to go." Ed said, pointing at the door, "We should have been out of here
twenty minutes ago."
"Come in, were leaving now," Teddy called out, as they
gathered their stuff.
The door swung open to reveal Jonny Bullitt, Charlotte's best friend.
"Hello there Charlotte, fancy finding you here!" Jonny said smiling.
"I'm here with my brothers' band," Charlotte replied.
"Oh cool," Jonny smiled, "James, Dan and Andy are on their way here. We've got a photoshoot to do for our promo stuff."
"Cool." Charlotte said, "I'd love to meet them but we best be going weve been here for
ages!"
Charlotte dragged Ed by his hand towards the door.
"Oooh, got a boyfriend?" Jonny teased.
Charlotte blushed brightly. "Ed, Jonny, Jonny, Ed" She introduced each other.
Lily cleared her throat loudly from behind them.
"Do introduce us Miss Hetherton" Ali said.
"Guys, this is Jonny. He is a good friend of mine. Jonny this is Ali, Alex, Dan, Teddy and Lily," Charlotte introduced them.
The rest of Electric City chose that moment to enter the room.
"Hello!" Lily and Alex shouted loudly like school children. Then they burst out laughing.
They were given some strange looks by the group of guys who had just entered.
Jonny chuckled at their weirdness and then proceeded to introduce
the band.
"This is Dan, Andy and James," he pointed to them as he said their names.
Alex, Lily and now Ali were waving manically. Charlotte looked around to see what had
triggered it, and saw a can of orangeade.
"Guys," Charlotte groaned
"Yes?" They all said in unison.
"These freaks are Lily, Alex and Ali. The relatively normal ones are my brothers, Teddy and Dan and my boyfriend Ed and I'm Charlotte."
"Charlotte's got a boyfriend!" Lily sang loudly.
"You already know!" Charlotte sang back.
"The way some people are acting. You will probably have a boyfriend soon," Charlotte
said, glancing pointedly at Alex.
Ali sniggered quietly, Lily turned around skipped over to Ali and stuck her tongue out.
"Kissy, kissy" Ali grinned.
"C'mon guy's don't be so childish!" Dan commented.
"You can talk." Ed muttered.
"Are they always like this?" Jonny asked.
"Pretty much," Charlotte nodded, "Come on guys, we've got to go! We said we were leaving ages ago"
"Do we have too?" Lily and Alex whined.
Then suddenly they both ran as quickly as possible towards the orangeade can. They both grabbed it and started to fight over it. Then there was a scream. They had both
let go and it had landed directly on top of Charlotte. Lily and Alex looked like rabbits caught in headlights as they scarpered out of the door.
"I'm gonna kill you!" Charlotte screamed.
All four of the Electric City guys looked like they didn't know whether to be scared or amused.
"I know why they're acting weird" Ed said wiping a drip of orangeade of Charlotte's cheek and tasting it, "There's some vodka in this, not much, but a bit, either that or
they're hyper on fizzy bubbles"
"Sorry about this..." Charlotte said, pushing all of the remaining Elliot Minor boys out.
" I'll call you later Jonny!"
When they came outside they looked around. Alex and Lily were nowhere to be seen.