Status: New. Keep or Kill?

Denial.

Dillon.

Jordan insisted and insisted on me not saying a word to Danny. He tried talking me out of it since yesterday but I refused to give in to his requests. Normally, I would do anything Jordan asked of me, after all he is the most important person in my life. This situation is too serious though and I refuse to back down.

The moment I see Danny at school I leave the guys and head in his direction. Danny is making his way to the entrance and Jordan is no where to be seen, which is good. If he sees he‘ll try to stop me but I refuse to not talk to Danny. I manage to get a hold of Danny before he makes it inside. The look on his face makes me shiver but I push it all out of my mind because this is for Jordan.

“Hey,” I greet him, hoping that this conversation will at least be a little civil but Danny’s glare only intensifies. I realize that making friendly talk won’t work so I clear my throat and get down to business. “Can I talk to you in private?”

“Hell no. For all I know you’ll try something.” Danny looks like he honestly believes that and it makes me sick.

“Trust me, Jordan is far more satisfying than you’ll ever be.”

Danny growls and before he can run away I grab his wrist and drag him behind the school where no one is around. “Fuck off!” Danny howls, ripping his arm from my grasp. “What the hell do you want?”

“Don’t act dumb. I want to know if you plan on telling anyone or not.” I adjust the strap of my messenger bag for no reason, maybe it’s just from nerves or fear that Danny will suddenly lash out.

Danny snorts. “And if I do tell someone, what then?”

“I’ll kick your ass.” So maybe there is no guarantee that I’ll do that but I’ll try. I’m not the fastest, biggest or strongest kid in school but like hell I wouldn’t put up a fight against Danny if he tries to hurt my Jordan.

Danny howls with laughter and gives me a look that clearly states he knows for a fact that he’ll beat me. I know for a fact he will. Everyone knows that he will but that doesn’t mean a thing. “You honestly think a fag like you could beat me?”

“The hell is your problem? Jordan is your best friend-”

“Was!” Danny growls. “Jordan was my best friend before he turned into some disgusting fag! He’s nothing but a worthless fairy and I couldn’t give a damn less about him!”

My fuck you fume just lit and in seconds my fist made contact with Danny’s face. The boy reacts fast and I hit the ground within seconds. We toss and turn, throwing one kick and punch after the other. It doesn’t take long for Danny to pin me with his hands around my throat. There’s a moment where I swear I see the intent to seriously hurt me in his eyes but his loosens his grip. We’re both panting and I notice the bruise already forming on his cheek.

My male pride, which I swear doesn’t exist suddenly sparks. It makes me feel kind of proud to know that I hurt him but at the same time, defeated. I obviously did not win this fight but I don’t think I lost either.

Danny grunts and finally lets go of my throat. I cough for a moment and regain the lack of air I didn’t have for some time. The boy gets off me and turns so that his back is facing me. I wait for him to walk away but he doesn’t. He just stands there with his shoulders incredibly tense.

He’s thinking, that’s obvious and I wait for whatever it is he has to say. In the end he doesn’t say anything though. Danny just turns his head, only slightly so I can see this sad but angry expression on his face. The look in his eyes, the one that he always showed his best friend is there and I know that very moment that Danny has no intention of telling anyone. He’s going to keep our secret and I’m thankful.

“Thanks.”

“Fuck off,” he snorts and grabs the things he dropped earlier. Maybe Danny isn’t the best person in the world but…he’s a pretty good guy, I guess.

“Man, where have you been?”

“The fuck happened to your face?” Harry and Yelenik howl with laughter while Isaac and Zach are inspecting me for any more injuries. So far all I have is a busted lip, a bruised eye and beat up stomach. Danny got me pretty good but I’m proud to say he isn’t clear of injuries either.

“It’s nothing,” I reply with a chuckle. “I just had a little something to take care of.”

“Since when do you fight, short stack?” Yelenik tosses an arm around my shoulders.

“Aw, our baby boy is growing up!” Harry grabs my cheek and squeezes. This results in me screaming at all four of them but they just laugh and let it go. I’m glad, though, because I had no idea what I would have told them if they asked why I got into a fight.

Zach, however, seems to have an idea because he looks back at me and then towards Jordan, who is at the end of the hall talking with a few of his other friends. Speaking of Jordan, he turns to look at me and I see his eyes widen before they narrow. I bite my lip because I know he’s going to want to talk but I don’t want him to be mad. It’s not like Danny didn’t ask for the fight so I had every right to hit him…

“Does this have something to do with Jordan?” Zach grumbles angrily.

“What if it does?”

“You never get into fights, Dillon. That’s not how you are…he’s causing trouble for you and it isn’t right.”

“The asshole asked for it. He was insulting him and it just pissed me off but it’s fine, Zach, really. It won’t happen again.” I give him a reassuring smile in hopes that he’ll just drop it. By the look on his face he isn’t pleased and wants to talk more but drops it.

At least I can tell Jordan he doesn’t have to worry about anyone finding out. He won’t have to feel scared anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am such a terrible updater now
I apologize

Comment&Subscribe?