Status: Completed.

Flaming Youth.

Light My Fire.

It was around 6:15 when Cherry arrived at my house. She was wearing a stylish purple track suit, which consisted of matching sweat pants and sweater. I decided to wear green Capri pants and a black tank top. I shrugged on my old jean jacket, which I inherited from my mother, and my beat up Converse high-tops.

We packed some things for the bonfire like marshmallows, soda, juice, chocolate and a blanket. We left at 6:45 and arrived at seven, right on the dot.

Sodapop was the first to greet us, followed by Ponyboy. That's when Soda pulled me away from the gang, claiming he had something important to confess to me. I got a little nervous, hoping he'd finally see who I really was.

"I remember you, Rylee." He said.
I looked at him with mock surprise.
"Welll, took ya long enough, Mr.Curtis." He laughed and we hugged.

"Oh great, the broads are here." I heard Dally say.
"Everyone remembers me, but you." I said, while sighing.
"Of course I remember you, you're the Soc broad that was here yesterday." Dally said, lust in his eyes that he has for all the non-special girls he fucks.

I wanted to cry. Sodapop wrapped his arm around me.
"Dally's in denial, you'll see. He'll remember you." Soda reassured.
"I love him...and he loves...well, he loved me." I said as tears poured out of my eyes.
Soda cupped my face and wiped away the tears.

"It's his loss." He said and kissed my cheek. I smiled at him and walked with him to the Lot.

When we got there, Johnnycakes had already started the fire. He looked at me, bewildered.
"Rylee...?" He said quietly.
I smiled all big, and hugged him like I hadn't seen him in forever...Three years of being a Soc can change a person.
"Hey Johnnycakes, how ya doin'?" I asked.
He stayed quiet, but smiled at me.

After everyone got reacquainted, we sat in front of the fire. We roasted marshmallows, drank beer and had a great time. The whole time, I was sitting next to Sodapop, who had his arm around me and I had my head on his shoulder.

Dally would glance over, shoot a nasty look at Soda, and notice I caught him glaring, would turn away...

What is with him?