Status: thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing!----check out the sequel summary>>>>>>

Cutting Out Paper Hearts

chapter fourteen

“Come downstairs for dinner, Bay.”
“Come outside with Thurstan, Roydon, and me. We’re going swimming!”
“Come to Wal-mart with us. You have all the money.”
“Come with us so you can waste your money on useless shit.”

Okay, maybe he didn’t actually say the last one word-for-word, but basically that’s what he told me to do for him. Ever since the day I won’t mention happened-I’m in denial, can’t you tell?- I haven’t seen Roydon since. Ever since then, I’ve noticed Denny’s been spending a lot of time with them. More than usual. I’ve also noticed my mom spends a lot of time with Bethany and Jenna while my dad spends a lot of time with Harper. Leaving me all to my lonesome with June who barely wants to do anything anymore in fear Madisyn would turn against her too.

“Hey, Bay?” Denny said sticking his head in my doorway. I picked up my head which was facing down into my bed as I was leaning on my stomach, face-first into the bed. Thurstan, hugging Roydon from behind, was standing in the doorway. Now Denny was kneeling down by my face with a smile. “How bout you come-”

“No, I don’t want to go anywhere with you guys!” My gaze shifted to all of their faces, each shocked. I groaned, pressing my face into the mattress again. Denny stood up, stretching out his knees a bit. Lifting my head up again, I said, “Don’t you get it? I want nothing to do with any of you! I’m sick n’ tired of being asked-no, being demanded to come along to places with you guys. It’s no fun watching you try on clothes and check out video games! I don’t even get to buy anything I want because you use up all my money.”

“Calm down, Bailey.” Denny breathed.

“Calm down? You want me to calm down! No, I will not calm down.” I snapped, standing up onto my feet in hopes to be taller. “Because I’m confused, annoyed, and I have a headache!” Thurstan let go of Roydon to give me a hug, trying to calm me down. I shoved him off with a grumble. “No-don’t hug me!”

“Guys! I’ll talk to her.” Roydon yelled making Denny and Thurstan jump. I was the only one he seemed comfortable and loud around. Lucky me. Sarcasm noted. The two boys left, leaving me to grumble and sit down on my bed. Roydon stood before me looking confused and upset. “So, you’re gonna tell me why you’re avoiding me and then you’ll calm the fuck down before I have to make you.”

“I will not do anything.” I crossed my arms against my chest like a stubborn five-year old. Well, I am pretty stubborn. Roydon sighed.

“Why are you avoiding me, Bails?"
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm not sure how i feel about this story...