Status: Active

I Was Tossed Aside By You

Down Memory Lane

Present Day
Damon's POV

While I was rummaging through some of Stefan's stuff because I can, I found something quite familiar. "How the hell?!?!" I say to no one in particular as I pick up an old trinket box that I haven't seen in ages. My hands caress the box as memories of the past flood in. Carved on the bottom are my initials and C. M. in a tiny little heart.
I hastily, but carefully, open this box. On the top of everything inside the box are two things; a picture and a locket. The picture is of Charlotte Montgomery dated early 1864. Charlotte. I haven't thought about her in forever. She was one of the most beautiful women I have ever known. Not only did she have good looks, she was a great person on the inside as well. I grabbed the picture and the locket. As I stared at the picture I remember the first time that I met Charlotte Montogomery.

*Flashback to 1863*
I roamed around the party looking for Stefan. I just had to tell him what Mrs. Smith said to me this time. When I found him he was talking to a girl who had her back to me. When Stefan saw me he said. "Ah Damon. I want you to meet my new friend." At that moment she turned around and I saw her. Her radiant smile. Those striking eyes. Her features looked like they were carved by angels. "Damon" Stefan said smiling "meet Charlotte Montgomery. Charlotte meet my older brother Damon Salvatore."
I found my voice and said "What a pleasure to meet you Ms. Montgomery." I then reached for her hand a placed a delicate kiss on her knuckles.
Her smiled widened even more and she said "Please call me Charlotte and the pleasure is mine Mr. Salvatore." I spent the entire evening talking and dancing with Charlotte.
At the end of the evening I insisted that she rode in Stefan and I's carriage, even though she had one waiting for her. We dropped Stefan off at home and I rode with Charlotte to her home which was practically right nearby. I escorted her to the steps of her home, which is similar to ours, and said "I had a fantastic evening with you Charlotte and I hope to see you soon."
"I feel the exact same way. Good evening Damon." she said smiling.
I kissed her hand and said "Good evening."
*End Flashback*
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like the story. Please comment, I appreciate feedback. :) Oh and here are the links for the trinket box http://images.ola.com/auctions/12/wpyh-334618-2.jpg

and the locket http://image3.etsy.com/il_430xN.21440307.jpg