Status: Finished!

Right Here

Lawson's P.O.V.

“WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE? WHY THE HELL WOULD ANYONE CARE? WHAT DOES IT MATTER TO YOU WHAT I DO? WHAT WOULD IT MATTER TO ANYONE IF I WAS DEAD?!” Evi screamed

I stared at her shocked. Then without another word she ran out of the room. A minute later I heard the front door slam. With her words still ringing in my ears I ran after her. I found her by the pound in the park.

“What do you want?” She asked not facing me.

“Don’t start pushing me away now Evi. I’m telling you now I’m not going anywhere.” I said my gaze never leaving her.

She finally turned to face me as I sat down next to her. My heart sped up like always when she leaned her head on my shoulder.

“Can I ask you something?” she whispered.

“Anything.” I simply replied.

“What’s wrong with me? Why does everyone I love leave me? I mean I know you haven’t, but my family has as well as my boyfriends.” She said

“All of your exes were jerks. They didn’t deserve you. You could do so much better Evi. You’re perfect in every way. You’re beautiful, smart, funny, and strong. Any guy would be lucky to have you.” I said almost pleading at the end. I knew she wouldn’t see what I was trying to tell her.

“No, I’m not. I want to believe you, but I can’t. No one would want me.” She bluntly murmured. I knew I couldn’t hide it anymore.

“That’s not true. Since I met you in sixth grade I started to fall for you. I could never get the courage to tell you how I felt. So instead I watched you date those guys who never understood what they had. I would grind my teeth when I knew they had hurt you. I kept telling myself it was ok to be just your best friend because I knew you wouldn’t feel the same way about me. I figured I could live with at least getting to be there when you needed me to be. I wanted to always be there to hold you when you cried, listen to your problems, and to help drive your pain away.

When I found out about you cutting it killed me inside. I was always afraid that whenever I said goodbye it would be the last time I would hear you or see you. I hated seeing you in all the pain and then to see all your scars now permanent on your skin. After all this, I know what I need to do now. I want to tell you something I should have told you long ago, but I was afraid. I’m not afraid anymore. You are my world. I love you Evi Martin.” I confessed my gaze never once leaving her.

She turned to face the water. Her face made her seem so deep in though. Meanwhile, I could barely feel my heart. All I wanted was for her to be happy. Maybe I was an idiot to think she could love me.

“I’m an idiot.” She laughed. She started to explain when she saw my bewildered expression, “I’ve spent all my time looking for the perfect guy and real love. Now I see it was right here in front of me all along. I could never see what my heart tried to tell me. I love you Lawson Fisher.”

The last phrase was all I needed to hear. I did what I had always wanted to do. I was finally kissing the girl of my dreams. How could life get any better?