Hate That I Love You

Arriving In China and Meeting an Old Friend

Gerard’s POV

When I woke up, the plane had already landed and I was guessing that we had already arrived in China. God, how long was I sleeping? The last thing I remember is vomiting all over Frank Iero’s hoodie. Damn! That was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. I did not meant for it to happen, it’s just that I really felt sick and it just happened. I hope I never cross his path again.

While I was preparing to leave the plane, I noticed a black hoodie in the seat beside me. It’s Frank’s hoodie, the one I threw up on. Maybe he left it because I can tell he was in a hurry. I picked it up, disgusted with the smell yet a little embarrassed knowing I made that mess.

I went down the plane and saw Frank with his team of bodyguards around him. I tried going after them but I failed. The stupid Chinese guard won’t even let me pass the so called VIP lounge place. I tried to explain to him that I have Frank’s hoodie but the stupid fuck would not listen.

I had no choice but to go back to the waiting area where someone from the hotel would pick me up, Rubina Hotel. That’s the name of the hotel I’m staying at. And from what I heard, it’s a god damn good hotel. I can’t wait to experience a new culture and everything China has to offer.

I waited and waited and waited for the guy to come. But hours had passed; nobody had come to pick me up. I was getting pissed off already. Assuring myself that no one would come, I got myself a cab. It’s a good thing I bought some money with me. I boarded a cab and asked the guy to take me to Rubina Hotel. It’s a good thing the guy speaks a little English.

I was amazed with the scenery before me while I was inside the cab. The buildings were fucking amazing. I love it. I can’t wait to tour this country. We arrived at the hotel, and I paid the taxi driver and went inside the hotel.

The hotel was stunning. I can’t believe I get to stay inside this hotel. I walked into hotel and tried to check in. I was kinda pissed because the attendant barely knows how to speak English. I was having a hard time talking to the girl when a guy approached us.

He talked to the girl in fluent Chinese, I could tell that he was an American by the way he looks, and I heard the name Frank Iero so I thought that I could ask this guy for help.

“Uhmm, Mr, can you please help me check in? I barely know Chinese and I can’t understand a god damn thing this girl had been saying for the past five minutes, I would really appreciate some help.” I aske the guy politely, he smiled and talked to the lady who had been annoying me before.

He got me the room key and I gladly took it and said my thanks to the guy.

“Thank you very much! I’m Gerard Way, by the way.” I told him extending my hand.
“Oh, its nothing, I’m was glad to help you. And I’m Bert McCraken. Nice meeting you Gerard.” He shook my hand and we went our separate ways.

I went inside my room and thought. Why the hell someone did not picked me up in the airport. Hmm, maybe they just forgot about it. I’ll remember to report it when I leave. I still can’t believe I’m not in Jersey. It’s a good feeling, but I kinda miss my house and Jersey. I continued thinking about stuff until I finally fell asleep.

Frank’s POV

I’m so glad the plane landed a little earlier than expected, or else Chris would have killed me. I called him, letting him know that I was in China and he sent a bunch of bodyguards to come and pick me up. When I went out, there was a bunch of fans surrounding the airport. One of the guards told me they had been there since this morning, waiting for me. They even have banners and stuff.

I kinda felt flattered. I mean this is China, they have a very different culture, I can’t believe some people from here listen to our music. I smiled at them and gave them some time. I signed some autographs before I went inside the limo to go the hotel.

I think we were going to stay at a hotel called Rubina Hotel. We arrived there in record time, I think Chris told the driver to hurry because we still have to practice for tomorrow’s show. I was led to our room, and we practiced. After the practice, we talked for a little bit before I retreated to my room.

I laid down and closed my eyes, I was about to driff off to sleep when the phone rang. Annoyed, I answered it, it was the lady downstairs telling me I have a visitor. I asked her who is was, and m annoyance turned into glee when she told me it was Bert.

Bert was my childhood friend alongside Michelle, we grew up together. It’s been years since I last saw him; he spends his life traveling because of work and he barely comes to Jersey anymore. So I really missed him a lot.

“Bertie!” I shouted and I jumped at him.

“Frankie! woah, you never changed you are still heavy” he said while laughing.

I playfully punched him and invited him inside my hotel room. I offered him a beer and we just talked.

“So, what brings you here to China? Of all places, this is the place I finally see you.” I said.

“Oh, I’m doing something here, I heard that your band is having a tour here, so I decided to take a break and visit you, I mean dude, I missed you.” He said, while drinking his beer.

We talked about more random things before he finally told me that he is planning to back to Jersey. I almost chocked on my beer before turning to him with disbelief and happiness in my eyes.

“No Fucking WAY! You gonna stay for good? We really miss you around dude.” I said.

“I dunno, I’m going back because I’m planning on establishing a publishing slash record company in Jersey. I also plan to design band shirts, seeing as your band is the MOST famous band in Jersey as of now, I’m gunna be needing your help.” He said.

“Oh course, anytime.” I replied.

We talked a lot more, then he looked at the time and he said he had to go. After he left, I ponder about the things he said, so he’s going back to Jersey, Michelle would be pleased. I smiled to myself before slipping into dream land.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you guys for the comments!
it gives me the motivation to write more
keep it coming
love you guys