Status: Trinity is eating cherries I am not

Is There a Place Left There for Me, Somewhere Where I Belong?

Chapter 3

Trinity's POV
As the pounding of the stray dogs slowly, yet surely, disppeared, the boulder covering the hole was pushed away, allowing sunlight to creep into the tunnel. "Well then, hello. My name is Evelyn, and you are....?" asked a golden colored wolf, walking into the sunlight.

"Uh... This is Gwendolyn and I'm Trinity," Trinity stammered, blinking trying eyes to get her eyes accustomed to the now blinding light. Evelyn walked under the sun, her coat glistening in the sun. Another wolf, with red fur, stepped under the sunlight next to Evelyn,

"I'm the alpha of this pack, and for my pack's safety, I would like to know why you were trespassing on our territory."

"Can't you see? I'm not trying be annoying or anything but if you haven't realized, we were being chased! So, why else would be here?" Gwen hissed unable to hold back her sorrow.

Soren snarled, baring his fangs and taking a step forward. "Of course I knew that! Why else would I have invited you down here to hide! What I mean is, why did those dogs chase after you anyway? Are you apart of another pack?"

"Sorry, We'll calm down... Well, Gwen and I were hunting and it was late so we decided to go back and watched our pack get slaughtered right before our eyes. I, watched, my mom, get ripped to shreds... And then they saw us and here we are," Trinity explained, sobbing.

"Now, now..." Comforted a white wolf, nudging Trinity's shoulder, "I'm Valerie. The only wolf in this lone pack with a heart."

"It's okay some of our pack members were killed also," A male voice added,"By the way, I'm Aiden and my brother is Zephyr."