Status: Two Shot

Friends? Lovers? Married?

1/2

"Dustin it's late. You want to crash at my place?", I ask my best friend of nearly eleven years. We had went out and saw a movie for his birthday, but now it was around two in the morning and I didn't want him driving this late even if it's just up the road.

He leans against his truck door, "A late night present."

I laugh, "In your dreams, pal."

He slings his arm around me, "If you only knew." I roll my eyes as we sneak through the house as to not wake my parents. I make him turn as I undress.

When he complained I told it was one creepy and two if he glanced over his shoulder that I would scream rape to wake my six foot eight dad.

I curled into the sheets and welcomed the warmth. Dustin smirks, "Unlike you, your are more than welcome to watch."

I laugh quietly shaking my head as Dustin makes a show of stripping to his boxers. He slides into the king-sized bed. Soon we are both sleeping soundly.

The sun breaking through my curtains jerks me awake. I sit up sharply automatically hearing a thud on the floor. I look at the floor to see Dustin rubbing his head, "Good morning to you too."

I smile, "Sorry. But it's morning and I really don't think you want either of my parents finding you in my room."

He nods, "That's for sure." He gets dressed in the clothes from the night before and I change into a tank-top and some sweatpants.

We sneak through the house once again. When we reach the kitchen I toss him a cereal bar. He chuckles, "You always treat me like this,you steal the covers at night while we sleep, then a little breakfast snack in the morning, and on with your day."

I laugh as I try to tell to keep his voice down, "Shh."

He finishes the snack and gives me a hug goodbye as he's leaving out the door, "No goodbye kiss."

I point to the door with a smile, "Go."

He shrugs, "It was worth a try."

Finally he leaves and I hear the slight rumble of his truck as it pulls away. Not five minutes later my mom walks out her room, "Mornin, Shelby."

I smile, "Morning, Mom."

She makes her morning coffee and every so often she looks back at me with this knowing smile that leaves me confused. She tells me dad left for work early and I thank my lucky stars that dad didn't check up on me this morning.

She's eating her eggs when she's drops the bomb of a question on me, "How long have you and Dustin been dating?"

I choke on my orange juice, "Mom-."

She interrupts me, "You two always looked like you'd be the cutest couple."

I groan, "Mom. Dustin and I aren't dating."

She looks at me quizzically, "So, you're friends with benefits?", I'm shocked speechless, "I just hope you two are being safe. I'm glad we decided on the pill."

My eyes are wide as saucers, "Mom. Please stop talking. Dustin and I aren't sleeping together. We are just friends."

Mom cocks an eyebrow, "But I saw you two this morning. His clothes were strewn across the room and since I found those condoms in your drawer that you were with somebody."

I feel my face heating in embarrassment and I swear next time I see Dustin I'm going to strangle him for throwing his clothes everywhere. I put my face in my hands, "Mom can we please just forget this conversation ever happened?

She nods and sighs, "I was so excited too. But now I have a new question?"

I throw my hands up, "As long as it isn't about Dustin. Ask away."

She crosses her arms, "Why exactly do you need those condoms if you aren't in a relationship?"

I laugh nervously, "Hold that thought, Mom. I think I hear my phone ringing. Outside."

As I run for the front door I hear her shouting behind me, "Shelby Jade, get back here this instant."
♠ ♠ ♠
My first attempt at comedy.
Don't be a quiet reader tell me what you think.
:)