Status: New!

My Hero

Seven;

Isabella.

"Are you two all set?" My father asked me and my cousin as we got ready to get on a plane out to New Jersey.

I was flying out, with my fifteen year old cousin, to surprise Joe for his birthday then we were staying for two more days to see their shows in Holmdel. My cousin is a pretty big Jonas Brother's fan and I decided it would be cool to bring her along.

"Daddy, we are fine. We have to get going though," I told him as I noticed that our plane was boarding. "I'll see you in a few days." I quickly hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"See you later, Uncle George," my cousin smiled. Let's just say, she was excited and she didn't even know the best part yet; she didn't know I knew Joe or any of the Jonas family for that matter.

"Alright, we really have to go. I need to be in Jersey by eight so we can't miss this flight," I pushed. "Bye, Dad." And with that me and my cousin went to get on the plane.

My cousin, McKenna, has been like my little sister since she was born. Being that I was the baby of my family and she's six years younger than me, I was the one she was closest to. When her parents moved to upstate Texas, we became a little more separated and this is the main reason I wanted to take her to the concert with me, just for some bonding time.

"So, what's up with that bruise?" McKenna questioned.

"What?"

"On your cheek, it's kind of a faint purple. You should put some makeup on it."

It's only been a day since the confrontation with Daniel and I was trying to move pass it. I didn't think he hit me hard enough for it to bruise although it did hurt terribly. I really didn't want a huge mark on my face, especially if we were doing something this important.

"As soon as we get off, I'm getting my makeup out of my bag."

***

As soon as we landed in Newark we were in a taxi on our way to The New York Palace hotel which is about an hour away from the venue. Once we arrived at the hotel, we instantly went to room and got changed for the dinner party.

"McKenna, we have about thirty minutes to get out of here," I yelled as I wrapped my hair around my curling iron.

I had on a nice lavender cocktail dress --yes, they make them for pregnant women-- with silver pumps that matched the accents on the dress. I curled my hair in loose curls, some of which were pinned back so it was a more elegant half-up, half-down look. I decided on wearing my silver cross necklace my grandpa gave me and the silver hoop earrings that my sister gave me. I applied a light layer of lip gloss and I was soon ready.

"Let's go, Kenna. We have a car waiting for us," I told her, walking out of the bathroom, grabbing my small clutch off of one of the beds in our suite.

"Where are we going that we have to be this nice?" She groaned, following me out of the door.

"You are going to thank me for this."

***

Joseph.

"Do you guys know why Bella isn't answering her phone?" I asked the car full of people as we drove to one of my favorite New York restaurants.

My birthday was going great so far, except for one thing: I hadn't heard from Bella all day. I had began to question myself.

Had I done something wrong?

Did I forget something important?


Or even worse...was something wrong with Isabella?

"Joe, I hate to break it to ya' but you're the only one that talks to her," Nick said pointedly. "You would be the only one that would know why she isn't answering her phone."

"Joe," my sister-in-law, Danielle, started, "she's probably just busy. Her baby is due in what? Five months?"

"Four," I corrected. "But still, she would at least text me."

And as if on cue she did.

Joe, please stop calling me. >:(

"Never mind," I sighed, shoving my phone into the pocket of my dress pants. "She's fine."

About twenty minutes later-- twenty dreadful minutes, if I might add --we arrived at our destination. The whole family, including crew and band members from the tour, entered the building with smiles on their faces. I, on the other hand, was aching.

"Hey, man, get happy!" Garbo said, nudging me in the arm as we were walking to our tables. "You're twenty-one now! You can drink!"

I tried my hardest, but a chuckle escaped my lips as I shook my head. "Thanks, Garb."

"Anytime, man."

We all sat down and soon we were ordering drinks and appetizers. Everyone was taking and enjoying myself, but I was just stuck. I needed to know why Isabella was mad at me. Any other girl I could of shrugged off and waited until a later date to handle the issue, but there is only one problem: Isabella isn't just any other girl. She's Isabella.

"So, Joe," my mother smiled, interrupting my state of pity, "did you enjoy yourself today?"

I nodded and put on a fake smile before saying, "I truly did. It's been one of the best birthdays yet."

"Oh really?" A soft, and very familiar, female voice said, making my heart soar. I felt a small hand on my shoulder as I watched everyone smile.

I turned my head, shifting a little in my seat to do so. "Oh. My. God." I muttered, looking at the woman before me. Isabella was literally glowing.

"Hello to you too, Joseph," she giggled.

I got up from my seat and instantly pulled her into a hug, careful not to put too much pressure on her growing belly. "I missed you so much," I whispered, holding her small frame against my chest.

She giggled once again, making butterflies fill my stomach. "It's been two weeks, Joe. Oh, and happy birthday."

"Why did you tell me to stop calling you?" I whispered, hoping only she would hear as I led her out of the party room. I didn't need everyone watching in on our reunion.

"I was trying to get ready for you," Isabella explained, placing her hand on my cheek, gently stroking it as she smiled. "Ooh, feel." She then took my large hand in both of hers before placing it on her hard stomach. "Do you feel him yet?" She question, holding my hand to her warm body.

"Not yet."

She groaned and moved my hand over a few inches before letting out a frustrated sigh. "Come on, little guy. You were just kicking rather hard."

We waited a few seconds before he finally nudged right below my hand. I grinned at her in amazement. "That's...wow."

"I know! It's crazy isn't it? Of course Dan hasn't felt it, but I mean, I'm glad you care." She looked away, letting go of my hand and allowing it to fall away from her stomach.

I leaned down and kissed the forehead of the broken soul before me. "I will always care."

"Come on, let's get back in there. I left my cousin in there and she didn't know she was meeting you guys."

***

Isabella.

Joe's dinner party was great. He was beyond happy and that's all that mattered. My cousin was fitting in rather well too and that was a definite up side.

Anyway, we had returned to the hotel at about midnight so I was getting ready for bed, removing makeup and jewelry while McKenna was in the main room watching TV. I washed all my makeup off and looked at myself in the mirror. I definitely had a nice little bruise, alright. It wasn't awful, but it was there.

"Hey, is Bella in here?" I heard Joe ask.

"She's in the bathroom, just chill out here. I'm sure she'll be out soon," McKenna promised.

I smiled as I pulled my hair up into a messy bun before turning off the light and heading out to Joe, but I stopped as I heard the two talking.

"So, you really love her, huh?" She asked him softly. "Don't bother lying and saying that you don't. You care for her more than Daniel ever did. We all tried to tell her that he was no good, but honestly, what could we have done?"

"He is really that bad?" Joe questioned. "I mean, I've heard some awful stories, but I mean, I didn't think he was that bad."

"Like the Anti-Christ. Isa was just naïve."

I giggled softly before walking over to the two. I sat down next to Joe and just laid back, my shirt rising a bit.

"You have a tattoo?" Joe questioned.

"And a belly button piercing," McKenna added.

I just giggled and nodded, pulling my shirt up enough for him to see my belly button. "I think it just looks really weird now. They do make maternity belly button rings though, so obviously I'm not the only one."

"So, what does that say?"

I pulled my shirt back down and pushed my shorts down just enough for him to see the small tattoo on my hip. "It's a rose. It says true love waits on the ribbon that's tied around the stem. And then there is a falling peddle in the shape of a heart," I explained with a small shrug. "You guys have rings, I have a tattoo."

"It's nice."

"Don't be a man-whore now," I giggled, covering my hit once again. "I have another one on my shoulder for Mark, Kathrine, and Eli. But mainly for Eli, he got really sick a while ago and I went out and got it. My parents didn't approve."

"So, you are a little rebel."

"I guess so," I laughed, attempting to sit back up. "Crap."

"Stuck?" He laughed.

"Just a bit. For the record, it's only because I can't bend properly to get up."

"It's alright," he smiled, helping me up. I saw him eye my face oddly before asking, "What's that?"

I brought my hand to my cheek, covering the bruise. "What's what?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," he said, his voice filling with anger as he moved my hand. He pulled his room key from his pocket and handed it to McKenna. "Go to room 1207, tell them I sent you. I need to talk to her."

She just nodded and left and I knew this wasn't going to be pretty.

"Who did this to you?" Joe asked.

"It's nothing, Joe, really," I sighed as I stood up, attempting to walk away.

Joe gently grabbed my wrist and stood up. "Who did this to you?" He hissed, gently grazing his fingers over my cheek.

"I bruise easily."

"You're a terrible liar, it doesn't read in your eyes." He carefully held my hands in his, as if scared to break me before asking again. "Who did this?"

"Daniel," I whispered, sitting down again. "He came over to apologize for missing the appointment and we got in a fight. I said he was acting like his father, so he slapped me. My brother stepped in and made him leave."

"He hit you and you said it's nothing? Bells, that's abuse. You're pregnant, what if he would have hurt the baby?" Joe yelled, getting angrier with each word.

"He didn't though," I pointed out. "Everything is fine. Why do you care anyway?"

"Because, Isabella, I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm madly in love with you! I don't want anything to happen to you!" He exclaimed. "And I not only love you, but I love that baby! I can't let anything happen to you two or I would feel responsible and it hurts knowing that something like this happened. It physically makes my heart ache. Because I love you."

And before he could say anymore, my lips were against his, my hands gently holding his face to mine as our lips moved in sync. Joe gently pushed me into a laying position as we continued to profess our love in a meaningful yet modest way, knowing it was a little easier for me than trying to twist around from my seated postion.

"I love you so much," he muttered, trailing warm kisses down my jaw bone. "So, so much."

"I love you too."

That was probably the best night of my life. Why? Because I slept in the arms of a hero. My Hero.
♠ ♠ ♠
The chances of me posting another chapter today depends on two things:

1. If I get comments.
2. If I get some of my summer work done.

Thanks to JONASbinge for the idea because I was pretty stuck. This chapter is for you.

Comment and subscribe please.