Status: New!

My Hero

Eight;

Isabella.

"Hmm," I moaned, early the next morning, stirring in Joe's strong arms. My fingers moved to his hair where they gently trailed through the soft brown locks.

Joe yawned before his eyes fluttered open and he smiled widely at me. "Good morning, Baby Bell."

"Good morning, Joe," I said from the place on his chest.

He moved his hand to my belly and started stroking it softly, feeling kicks along the way. "I think this is probably the coolest thing ever."

"What?" I asked, closing my eyes and relaxing to his heartbeat as I had done all night.

"The fact that their is a baby in there. A living baby that clearly likes to make his presence known," he explained. "You know, now that you had it confirmed that it's a boy, I think it's a girl."

I giggled, opening my eyes to look at Joe. "Why do you think this?"

"I just have a feeling that your doctor was wrong, and I was too."

I shook my head and got up from the bed, "Joe, you're out of your mind. I'm going to get in the shower, how about you go do the same, then we can see what the plans are for today. Your mom made sure that you don't have interviews or photo shoots for the next two days."

"Okay, I'll be back in about thirty minutes."

I nodded as Joe left the room and I went to the bathroom. I quickly showered and got changed in a pair of straight-leg, denim jeans (skinny jeans didn't look very good on me right now) with a graphic tee that said "Rock the Bump" at the top and had a heart and cross bones over my baby bump. My hair was in its naturally wavy form, but pulled back into a loose plait. I decided today was going to be a chill day.

"So, what did you and Joe do last night?" McKenna asked as she bounced into our room where I was watching TV, waiting on Joe.

"We argued a bit, but in the end, we fell asleep. It wasn't anything crazy," I explained as I leaned back against the headboard of the bed. "Do you mind hanging out with Nick today? Joe and I wanted to hang out, but it's fine if you want to come."

"Um, no thank you, I'll talk to Nick and see if I could hang with him. He is pretty cool," she smiled. "I think he'll be okay with it if he knew you and Joe need time alone."

"Thanks," I grinned.

***

"So, McKenna is hanging out here with the guys and we have an S.U.V. that can take us anywhere," Joe smirked, jingling the keys in his hands. "Where shall we go?"

"Joe, I don't want you to have to deal with rumors about me. I didn't need your fans thinking that I'm having your baby," I explained softly, pulling my Full Sail hoodie over my head. "This is getting a bit snug."

"Don't worry about it. If someone says something, then I'll get it worked out," he said as if it were nothing. "Now, let's go."

I laughed lightly at his eagerness as he helped me up. I grabbed my purse and followed Joe out of our room and to the elevators. I couldn't help but stare at the man before me, it seemed like everyday he was becoming more irresistible. The only thing is, I wasn't ready for anything yet.

"Come on," he said softly, placing a hand on my lower back as he led me out to the parking garage.

He helped me into the car before walking around and climbing inside on the driver's side. I watched as he started the engine of the vehicle and soon we were pulling out of the parking space and traveling down to the bright exit of the garage.

"So, what do you want to do? You have me until five," Joe said as soon as we were out of the building.

"I've never really been up here, so it's all you today," I replied. "I could really go for some food though, baby building is a pretty tough task."

Joe chuckled and nodded, "What are you up for?"

"Something simple. Waffles maybe?" I suggested, rubbing my belly softly. It had become a habit.

"I know where we can go. There is a small diner we used to go to when Nick was on Broadway, if it's still there, we can have breakfast there."

I nodded as I took a deep breath and sigh, "Joe? You know this isn't a date yet, right? That I love you, I mean I really do, I'm just not ready for you yet."

"I know, Bella," Joe retorted, frustration clear in his voice.

I didn't say anything else, I knew I was hurting him.

"I'm okay with it, though," Joe finally spoke, startling me a bit.

"What?"

"I'm okay with you and I not being together," he explained. "So stop thinking that you are like sticking a fork in my chest. It's okay."

"No, it's not," I muttered. "It's not okay. I want, more than anything, to be with you Joe. It's just- ugh!"

I felt Joe's hand wrap around my own over the center console as he used his other hand to drive. "It's not that serious."

"But it is! You are what I want, but there is something that within me that's saying no. I trust you, but-"

"At the same time you don't?" He asked softly.

This is when the waterworks started. I tried my hardest, but soon small tears were falling down my cheeks. "Joe, I want to. I really want to be able to trust you with my life. I just can't and now I feel like I'm just using you." I sighed and looked away wiping my tears, "It just hurts."

"Give me one reason as to why you shouldn't trust me," Joe said calmly as he pulled into a random parking lot. I watched as he cut off the engine as we sat in the middle of this parking lot.

"Joe, it's not that serious, let's go get lunch," I pushed, hoping he would drop it.

"It's obviously very serious, you are crying," he pointed out, drying my tears. "What's going on? Just let me in."

"Why me?" I finally asked. "You could have nearly any girl in the world, why are you in love with me? It's not you that I have doubted for the past month. It's me. I know it seems so- so cliché that I have to ask you this, but I need to know."

"Bells, I don't know exactly why I love you as much as I do, maybe it's just an extreme case of love at first sight. I know that I wholeheartedly love you and I don't know what to do to prove it to you," he whispered. "But, I guess I could say I was expecting you to ask why."

"I'm sorry," I cried. "Can we just get fast food or something and head back to the hotel?"

"Sure."

***

"Isabella," I heard Joe's sister-in-law call.

I was sitting backstage in the rec room while the guys were running through sound check. Joe and I hadn't really talked since my little break down in the car. Things were just awkward when we were together, so while everyone was watching the sound check, I was sitting in the rec room watching TV.

"Oh, hey, Danielle," I smiled softly.

She came over and took a seat next to me before asking, "What's up with you and Joe?"

"It's a long story," I muttered. "We are just stuck."

"Do you want to talk about it?" She questioned, her voice full of concern. "Joe is like my brother and I care about him, and it's clear that he cares an awful lot about you, so I just want to help."

"I've been through a lot and I just have a little trouble keeping faith in Joe and as much as I honestly do love him, I can't be with him. My heart says yes, but my head says no."

Danielle nodded understandingly. "I get what you mean. Joe told me what happened with Dan the other day, he wanted me to talk to you anyway. I personally think that you should go with your heart, Joe's really a great guy."

"I want to go with my heart, but the last time I did...well let's just say I have an ex-fiancé and in a few months I'm going to be a single mom." I sighed and looked down, "I know Joe's different, but still."

"Just give him a chance, you won't regret it." She smiled and place her hand on my knee reassuringly. "If you do regret it, I'll pay for everything you could possibly want in that baby's nursery."

And with that I was left alone to think.

***

Joseph.

I sat on stage in front of thousands of screaming girls, much like I had for the past few nights, but tonight was different. Totally different. Isabella was out there, listening to my every note, studying every word and lyric, watching every step. My heart was literally pounding as chills went up and down my spine for her.

"So, we're going to slow things down a bit," I started into my microphone, giving the crew time to bring up the stools we had discussed during the end of sound check.

"Let's have some one on one time?" I suggested to the crowd, allowing screams to fill the venue in response. "So how many of you have had a special person in your life?" Queue the screams. "Well this song is for all the special people in our lives."

I winked over in the direction I knew Isabella was in, hoping that she would notice it, before walking over to the three stools set out. I took a seat with Nick to my left and Kevin to my right, I held a tambourine in my hand and nodded before quietly counting off.

Before I knew it, I took a deep breath then began to sing my heart out.

" All these stupid silly songs
Keep trying to catch your ear I'm trying desperately
It's just so hard to persevere
And even if you listened, I never had much to say
Cause it's that same old song I've written for a day

Shelter me oh genius words
Just give me strength
To pen these things
Give me peace to weld her wings
And oh, oh carry on all you minstrels of the world
We will catch our lady's ear
We will win for us the girl

All these minstrels through the ages
That is really all we are
Simply singing for the girl
That makes us try so very hard
To craft the perfect limerick
To wield unending woe
To write such silly songs
And the difference never know

Shelter me oh genius words
Just give me strength
To pen these things
Give me peace to weld her wings
And oh, oh carry on all you minstrels of the world
We will catch our lady's ear
We will win for us the girl

I'll hold on to the dream
Oh this beggar's plea, an optimistic fantasy
You're facing love
You're embracing melody
"

Our band soon came in, taking out the acoustic sound and filling it with rock, changing the feeling of the song and making it more emotional.

"Shelter me oh genius words
Just give me strength
To pen these things
And give me peace to weld her wings
And oh, oh carry on all you minstrels of the world
We will catch our lady's ear
We will win for us the girl

And carry on oh carry on
All you minstrels of the world
We will catch our lady's ear
We will win for us the girl
"

The guys played one last riff and soon the song came to an end. I stood up and took a small bow, my eyes still brimming with tears. If I couldn't win her over with that song, I wasn't going to win her over at all. That was my everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
This would have been up sooner, but I changed the song at the end last minute. This is Minstrel's Prayer by Cartel.

Comment and subscribe. :)