I'm A Match That's Burning Out

Six.

I stood there as everyone was looking at me. Bri was going, Matt gave a wonderful offer... but I don't know if I can do it. I stared at the floor.

"Tori, I need you on stage with me..." Bri said, I looked at her.

"Jeff will be right in the front, every show." Matt said.

"What if he's not. What if I can't find him?" I looked at him.

"You really don't like crowds, do you?" Alex asked.

"Not when the pressure is on me." I said.

"You can bring your pets on your guys' bus." Matt assured.

"That makes it a little better... but I just don't know."

"Tori," Jack said, he was going to start making me laugh, I just know it. "You're shy. I can tell. Who gives a fuck, I am too. But, when I'm on that stage it's like a whole different person. Wanna know what I do?"

"What?"

"I look at all those boobs in the crowd and it makes me horny." He said, I laughed.

"What does that have to do with my stage fright?" I laughed.

"I'm not finished with my point."

"That's what she said." I stated, "Sorry, go on."

"Then all the bad thoughts just... fly away and I'm like a new man."

"That's your way of dealing with it. I'm not gay, so I won't get turned on."

"Put something in your mind. Like, someone you like- something you like doing. Your favorite that's what she said joke! I don't give a fuck, then before you know it, you don't even remember you're on stage."

"Easier said than done, Jack. I'm very impuslive, and get destracted easily. I'll just be a bother, the whole way, you'll all just get sick of me and want me off the tour. Trust me. I know."

"Tori," Bri started, I looked at her. "Do it, please." She frowned. "For Matt, and the rest of us. I can't sing as good as you."

"Bull shit!" I laughed. "Who taught me to sing?" I raised my eyebrow. She laughed.

"Shut the fuck up. I'm trying to make a point." She said.

"Okay, if I may." Matt said, "Look how much fun you have with Bri. She's practically your sister, from what we already know. You had fun on stage, didn't you?" He asked, I nodded. "If it helps AT ALL, I will personally make sure that Jeff is in eyesight for you, and I'll make sure the whole crowd has no lights at all. It'll be like singing infront of the guys only. If Jeff is that much of a comfort for you I'll make sure you have earplugs in and he'll talk to you, I'll even talk to you, nothing's going to happen, I promise." This man has a way with words. "And just think, you'll be touring with All Time Low. The most party band ever, whiskey galore, free of charge." I looked to Matt, biting my lip before looking away sighing.

"I might regret this in the future, but Matt, I'm in." I shrugged. "I can't risk losing my best friend." I pushed Bri. She grinned.

"I knew you'd crack, Toes. You're always one for peer pressure." She jumped up and down.

"Yeah, yeah." I laughed.

"Well girls! Welcome to the ATL family!" Alex grinned and we all had a group hug.

"I still get to bring my babies, right?" I looked to Matt.

"Your bus, your rules." He laughed, shrugging. I cheered.

"The back lounge is gonna be a kitty room, Bri. Just saying." I said.

"Works for me." She shrugged. Oh boy, lets hope I don't screw this up with my stage fright. This really is a one time opportunity.
♠ ♠ ♠
~