Status: Active

Remember Me

First Day

Today was my first day at school and I was half way there already. I was walking because I refused to let my mom drive me there. I hated her at the moment and didn’t want to see her. When I got to the school I looked up at it. It was big and there were girls and boys standing around in groups. I was the outcast now; I stood out because I was on my own. I hugged my books into my chest as I started walking through the groups of people feeling their eyes on me. It was making me scared and I didn’t like it. I felt tears prick the corner of my eyes threatening to fall as I looked down. They were all talking about me I could hear it. I gasped and dropped my books as I bumped into somebody.

I bent down to pick them up “Oh I’m sorry.” I picked my books up then stood up seeing a girl looking down at me.

“Watch where you’re going.”

“I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to do it.” I looked down then walked around her walking up to the entrance trying to find reception.

“Excuse me?” I asked the woman behind the desk.

“Yes?” She looked up.

“I’m new here and I need my schedule please.”

She nodded “Name?”

“Crystal…Crystal Bayle.”

“Ah…here you are,” She printed out my schedule and handed it to me, “You’ll be okay finding your lessons?”

I nodded “I’ll try my hardest thank you.” I turned around and looked at the piece of paper starting to walk to my first lesson. I noticed I was shaking badly as I walked through the corridor. I looked at the numbers on the doors and my body went numb. I felt lonely and unwanted at this school. I was an outcast. Why did I have to be here? I walked into the right class and sat down at the back hoping nobody would bother me.

I started feeling sick as students walked in sitting down in their seats. The girl I had bumped into earlier walked in and started walking towards me.

“You’re in my seat.”

“I-I…” I stood up and started to move when she started to laugh.

“I’m joking,” I looked down as she sat next to me, “I’m sorry for earlier, I was in a bad mood.”

I shook my head “I-Its o-okay.”

“I’m Laura.”

I looked up at her seeing she was smiling and I gulped “I’m Crystal.”

“Your new right? I haven’t seen you around before.”

I nodded “Yeah.”

“You’re American?”

“French-Canadian, I did live in Montréal.”

“You speak French then?” Was she dumb or something?

“Oui.”

“How come you moved here?”

I sighed “My parent’s fought constantly and they’re getting divorced so my mom made me move here.”

“That sucks.”

“You think?”

“Was that sarcastic?”

I rolled my eyes “Yes.”

That class wasn’t as bad as I thought it was. Laura was nicer than she seemed when I first met her by bumping into her. At the end of that class we walked out and I found out she had the same lesson I had next so she showed me where it was and we sat next to each other again. I told her that I did have a boyfriend back in Canada and I tried to stop myself from crying in front of her.

At lunch time I looked at my cell phone seeing I had a message. I opened the message and sighed seeing it was from David.

“Hey Crystal, I miss you so much. It’s just not the same without you here. I want to hold you in my arms again. I love you so much. Love David. Xxxxxxxx”

Tears gathered in my eyes as I read the message over and over again. It made my body numb. I pressed reply and started texting back.

“David, I need you so much. I hurt and feel so numb I can’t feel my body. I love you more than anybody ever can. Love Crystal. Xxxxxxxx”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)