Status: Active

Remember Me

Scan

Today was my first scan; I was kinda scared because I had to lie to my mom about where I was going. I said I was going to Laura’s house after school but we were going to the hospital. I looked at myself in the mirror putting my hands on my now flat stomach. I would either have to tell my mom about my being pregnant or wear baggy clothes so she wouldn’t notice. I walked out of my room with a bag that looked like was full of clothes. I walked towards the front door when my mom stopped me.

“How was school? You never came to talk to me…you always do.”

I sighed “It was fine…just leave me alone…go with your new boyfriend…dad knows by the way.”

“WHAT?!” She yelled.

I laughed “That’s what you get for being like that when you’ve not even been separated two months.” With that I walked out of the door slamming it behind me, tears threatening to fall down my cheeks. I walked towards Laura’s house and as soon as I got to the door she opened it before I could even knock.

“He-” she saw the look on my face and put her arms around me, “What’s happened now?”

“I told my dad about mom and her new ‘boyfriend’ then I told her I told him…I’m never going back there.”

“You can stay with me.”

“Really? But I don’t want to be in the way.”

“You won’t be…my parents like you so they won’t mind.”

I nodded “Okay come on we need to go to the hospital.”

She smiled “Are you excited?” She asked pulling the door shut.

“Yeah but I’m nervous too.”

“I bet.”

With that said we started walking towards the hospital. As we got to the entrance I gulped starting to shake.

“I’m scared.”

“I know…I know, but we have to do this to make sure the baby is okay.”

“I know I’m just so nervous…It’s David’s baby what if it looks like him.”

“The only way to find out is if you go in there and have that scan.”

“I know.” I looked at the entrance to the hospital and walked through the doors gulping. Laura followed me as we walked up to the reception.

“I have an appointment with the midwife at twelve.”

The receptionist typed in something and looked up at me “Crystal Bayle?”

“Yes that’s me.”

“Take a seat and she will be with you in a second.”

I nodded and turned around as Laura found us some seats. I sat next to Laura shaking slightly.

“Your gonna be okay.” She commented.

I nodded slightly sighing “Y-Yeah. I-I just w-wish he could be here.”

“I know you do…I know.”

With that said my name was called and I got up looking at Laura “You’re coming right?”

“Of course.” She smiled and got up. We followed the nurse into the room and I got on the bed.

“This is your first scan?”

I nodded “Yes.”

“If you’d like to lift up your top and this is gonna be a bit cold to start with.” I lifted up my t-shirt and she put some jelly stuff on my stomach. My muscles twitched at the coldness. I didn’t realize what was happening until the nurse spoke.

“Here you go…” I turned my head and looked at the screen getting tears in my eyes. My baby was in there, it wasn’t very big but I could definitely see it was there.

“The baby is healthy and growing nicely,” The nurse smiled, “There’s its hands,” She pointed out the hands and I smiled, “The feet and there’s its head.” Its head was tucked behind its hands like it was trying to hide from the stuff that was happening.

“It’s amazing…I-I…wow.”

“Would you like a picture?”

“Yes…Yes please.” She turned off the machine and wiped off the gel then printed off a picture giving it to me. I smiled and looked at Laura. I saw she was trying not to cry.

“This is amazing…so amazing.”

She nodded “Yeah it is…I just can’t believe your actually pregnant…you have to try and tell David.”

I sighed shaking my head “He obviously doesn’t want to know so I’m not going to try and get through to him.”

She nodded “Come on we better get back to my house just in case your mum decides to call.”

“I know…” I got off of the bed and I turned to the nurse, “Thank you.” I smiled and Laura and I walked out of the room. As we walked out of the hospital I stared at the picture of mine and David’s baby. I didn’t know how I was going to do this. Raise his baby without him even knowing. I couldn’t do this; it was beginning to get hard already. Maybe one day we’d see each other again, I just needed him now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait :(