Beyond 2,000 Light Years Away...

staring across the room, are you leaving soon

I walked away from talking to relatives I didn't even knew existed. I guess that's what you get for coming to a wedding for some relative you didn't know existed. I sighed and leaned against the wall. At the moment I did, I saw my second cousin, Frank, even though he would only answer to Tre, walking towards me with a boy I've never seen before. Must be a friend of his...

I had been looking all night at Tre's cousin, or 2nd cousin... he noticed and decided to introduce us.
"No dude, what are you doing?!" i asked as he pulled me towards her.
"she's not gonna kill you, C'mon just say hi." we got to where she was, "HEY ADRIENNE! this is my friend Billie."
"Hi," she said smiling. She was beautiful, I wanted to say something but I was left frozen.
"H-hi..." I mumbled

He was either embarrassed about talking to me or he didn't want to. I shrugged and turned to Tre. "Did you see Uncle Ray yet? He has something for you." Fr- err, Tre started bouncing up and down. "OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY" He started bouncing to Uncle Ray, leaving me alone with Billie.

"wait Tré!" I tried to follow him but he got lost in a group of people, why did i even come? this was not my family nor the kind of party I enjoyed. and obviously, they wouldnt let me at least have a beer.

He sighed and walked back towards me. "So.." I said, trying to make conversation. "What's going on in your life?"

"well, I'm at a wedding, and I have no fucking clue who the couple is..." I answered and looked at her.

"Ha, that makes two of us. I don't know why I'm here. I don't know who most these people are."

I laughed, "well at least you're related to them, I'm here 'cause Tre decided he didn't want to come alone... This proves how busy I am during Saturday nights..."

I laughed. "Trust me, back home, I'd probably be playing video games or something. I have no love life whatsoever." We both laughed. "I'm so antisocial." I said. "Yeah, me too."

I look at her and smiled, then a slow song started playing, "Wanna dance?" she offered.
"NOOOOO!" I replied quickly.

I stood back, slightly offended. "O-okay then..." I walked away, feeling really embarrassed for some reason.

I looked as she walked away. I pulled my hair and said to myself. "Very smooth Billie Joe, very smooth!"

I walked away from him and went towards more relatives I didn't even know.

I followed her with my eyes until i couldn't see her anymore. I started looking for Tre but he was no where to be found either.I just wanted to leave so i went outside and sat on top of Tre's car waiting for him.

The night went on. I didn't see Billie again. I walked around and talked to everyone. I got so fucking tired. I just walked outside to just have some peace and fresh air. That's when I saw Billie again, sitting on top of Tre's car.

I saw Adrienne and smiled, I waved at her hoping she noticed me.I guess she did cuz she started walking towards me.

I leaned against the car once I made it over towards him. "Hey." I said, smiling.

"Hi," I smiled.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked.

"I don't know anyone here, and i just wanna go home..." I answered.

"You're not the only one. I'd kill to go home right now."

I laughed, "Hmmm, if only I could break into this car, I'd take you home"

"I don't think you could drive to the U.K. from here." I laughed.

"How do you know this is not a super spy's car?" i joked.

I laughed again. "Well, then maybe it could."

I laughed, "nah it can barely drive us around Berkeley, I don't think it would survive a trip San Fransisco."

"Mmm." I said, looking at the car, then back at the building where the party is. "I'm supposed to stay with Fra- I mean, Tre for a couple of days and then I'm going back home." I said. "I mean, not like it matters or anything. Just felt like saying. I just wanna go home now."

She didn't look happy but she didn't look sad, I guess there was someone back home she missed. maybe she had a boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
FIRST CHAPTER!

Lol, much love for Fabiana, who is the Billie to my Adie.
Love you Fabs.