I Can't Remember a Word That You Were Saying...

5.

"Mommy, this doesn't look like the ice cream place...''

"Shh, Joseph. You'll wake up your brother.''

The eldest son glanced over at the sleeping two year old. He lowered his voice to a whisper. "Where are you going, mommy?''

"Somewhere away from your father, honey."

"What did daddy do?"

She felt relief to know her little five year old didn't remember the word 'fuck.'

"Daddy is just not being nice, so we're gonna have fun.''

"But mommy, it's night time. And I have school tomorrow!"

She forgot about him having to go to school.

''It's okay, Joseph. We can miss it. We'll go to the amusement park. Won't that be fun?"

"Yeah!!"

She smiled at her son's enthusiasm. "Shh, Joey. Jakob's still asleep."

"Ohh, sorry!" He whispered.

"Why don't you try to get some sleep, we're going to a hotel downtown, I'll wake you when we get there, alright?''

"Yeah, mommy." She heard him say quietly.

She was a good mother.
She felt like one.
She didn't feel like a good wife...

'He's smart enough to take care of himself...' she thought.

He threw a pillow on the floor.
"THEY'RE MY FUCKING KIDS TOO, HOW CAN THAT BITCH JUST TAKE THEM AWAY FROM ME?" He screamed to no one.

He stopped and looked at the large mirror they had in their room. He stared at himself, then shook his head.

"You're a mess." He said to his reflection. "She had a right to take them, she didn't want them to hear you right now."

He couldn't help but smile.

"She's a good mother. On the other hand, you're a horrible father." He said to the mirrored image of himself. "Calling your own son a fuck up..." He shook his head. "I don't blame her if she never forgives me..."

He looked at his cell phone. He never used it, but he knew he had to fix this. She's never left after their fights.

Never.

He kept staring at the piece of plastic.

call her
♠ ♠ ♠
this is written Warning-Era. just sayin'