Status: Done

You Left Me With Nothing but a Kiss

Don't You Want Me, Baby?

I dreaded getting to the venue. It would be like breaking up again. Except this time, we weren't even together.

We pulled up and unloaded all of our equipment. I checked my phone and saw a text from Beth.

From: Bethy<3

Meet me at merch, please.

It was from about a minute ago, so I rushed over to where the merch tables were set up and I saw her. She was wearing that deep red sweater dress that I loved.

I walked up to her and gave her a hug from behind. She tensed up a bit and pulled away.

"You look really pretty," I complimented.

"Thanks," she said without smiling. "Look John, I know you're sorry but, what you did last night was completely unacceptable. You left me after we had sex. You used me, and then didn't even say a word and left. Do you even know how that felt?" She asked breathlessly.

I immediately felt ashamed once more.

"I have no idea how you felt, I'm so incredibly sorry. I was so caught up in my stupid mind games that I forgot how much I love you. I was wrong. For everything. I should have never called you a bitch, or a skank, or fat, or ugly, and I know that. But please take me back," I begged.

"Why should I? The only reason you want to get back together is because I'm not putting up with your stupid shit anymore!" She yelled.

She's right.

"Because you love me?" I said as more of a question than an answer.

"I do love you, John but maybe all of this is a sign. Maybe we should-"

"Don't say it. Don't you dare say it," I pleaded.

"See other people," she finished.

It's amazing what three words can do to a person. They can make or break you.

"I don't want to see other people! I only want you!" I cried.

"I'm sorry, but you'll get over me," she sighed.

"No I won't," I replied. "Please don't do this to me again Bethy. I need you," I begged with tears in my eyes.

"I can't John," she told me.

"Just tell me one thing. And tell the truth, will you ever love anyone the way you loved me?"

"I don't know," she shrugged as if it were nothing.

I nodded and stayed silent for a minute.

"I hope you find someone who deserves you, because I know I never did," I said before finally walking away.

Tears were falling again, but heavier and faster than last night. I sat on the bumper of the van with my head in my hands sobbing.

How could she say that? I thought I meant everything to her. This is all my fault. Everyone tried to tell me, but I didn't listen. Now she's gone. Again.

"What happened, Johno?" Jared asked sitting next to me.

"She," was all I got out. My body shook with more sobs.

"Dude it's gonna be okay. Beth loves you more than anything," Jared stated.

This made me cry harder, if possible. God, Beth was the only girl that I could cry over. She was the only girl I wanted to see every morning and go to bed with at night. She was the only girl I wanted to marry. The only girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

"She wants to see other people," I let out in a shaky whisper.

"What?" He asked looking shocked.

I just nodded.

"Well...," he trailed off.

"I know, okay? It's all my fault. I did this to myself," I sobbed.

"It's going to be okay, buddy. No two people on this Earth are meant for each other like you and Beth are. Everything will work out. Once she starts dating she'll realize that no other guy compares to you," he explained.

"You think?" I asked perking up a little.

"Yeah. You two will end up together," he assured me.

"But what if she finds a really great guy that she likes a lot?" I asked.

"Then I'll kill him," he joked.

I laughed a little.

"Thanks," I said as my tears came to a stop.

"No problem. Now don't fuck up again," he ordered.

"I won't," I told him.

"Good. You don't want to lose your Bethy," he smirked.

I always called her my Bethy, even before we were dating. I don't know how it started, but she loved it so I didn't stop.

"Soundcheck in five," one of the techs told us.

I stood up and shook my head, trying to shake all the bad thoughts away.

"All for, all for, all for you my Bethy," I sang softly to myself while walking to the stage.

____________________________

"Hey guys," Beth greeted as she walked up to us.

"My Bethy!" I exclaimed as I got up to hug her.

She giggled and hugged me back.

"My Johno!" She mocked.

I smiled and let go of her.

"My Bethy?" Garrett asked.

"Yep. She's my Bethy," I smiled proudly as I put my arm around her shoulders.

"Oh. So you two are-" Kennedy started to say.

"Not yet," I replied knowing full well what he was going to ask.

"That's okay," Beth spoke. "I love just being his Bethy," she grinned placing her hand on my chest.

I blushed at her touch.

"And I love being your Johno,"
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I wrote this chapter, then I read your comments and re-wrote it. So I hope you all like it!! Comment please!! Thanks for reading :)