Status: Done

You Left Me With Nothing but a Kiss

Baby, Baby, Baby Ohh

You're joking? I tell him I'm pregnant and he asks me if I'm joking?

I can just see the great dad potential now.

He's not even worried about me or our baby.

How could he just let me go? Not even ask how I feel about this.

Maybe he's just in shock.

Yeah, he'll come around. He's a good guy, he'd never leave me or anything. Right?

I just have to let him process it for a little while.

I've only been pregnant for a month, we still have plenty of time.

My hormones must be getting the best of me. I ran to the parked van, slid into the driver's seat and turned the key in the ignition to warm up the inside. I put my head on the steering wheel and cried.

I cried for myself.

I cried for John.

I cried for our baby.

I just cried until I heard a knock on the window.

"Beth, open up," Rachael ordered. I opened the door. "What happened chica?"

"I can't tell you yet," I sobbed.

"Why not? Is everything alright?" She questioned.

I nodded and then shook my head 'no'.

"Well what can you tell me?" She asked.

"John stood me up to go to the party," I sniffled.

"Damn! You should have called me! I saw him there but I totally forgot about your plans. I'm sorry," she said pulling me into a hug.

"Don't blame yourself. It's his fault," I told her.

"Hon, you know how much he loves you. He lives and breathes for you, don't give up on him," she begged.

"You don't know! You don't even know!" I cried, pulling away from her.

"Then tell me! What's your problem?" She yelled.

This just made me start crying harder.

"You can't tell anyone!" I made her promise.

"Okay, what?"

"I'm having John's baby," I admitted.
"What? You mean you didn't use protection that night in the-"

"No, we didn't. He doesn't want the baby, Rach," I cried.

"Did he say that?" She whispered looking shocked.

"No, he said 'You're joking, right?' And that he wasn't ready for a baby," I told her.

"Oh no he did not," she said getting angry.

"You can't let him know that you know," I begged.

"He crossed the line, Bee," she explained.

"He's just in shock. He'll come around," I said, trying to convince myself more than her.

"Bethy, if you need anything- I mean anything, I'm always here for you. Me and Garrett will take you to your appointments, and anytime you just need someone, call us," she told me.

"Rach I'm so scared. I don't know the first thing about being pregnant. What if I do something wrong and-" she didn't let me finish.

"Tomorrow we'll go out and buy that book and learn everything you need to know," she told me calmly.

"Thank you Rach. I'm so sorry for the trouble," I apologized.

"Don't be sorry! You take care of everyone all the time. Now we're gonna take care of you,"

"I wanna go home," I sniffled.

"Back to Tempe?" She asked sadly.

I nodded.

"If that's what you want then I'll drive you back tomorrow. We'll rent a car and make a day of it! We can stop at Babies-R-Us and pick up a few cute things to make you feel better," she suggested.

"Okay," I smiled weakly. "Thank you Rach,"

"De nada! I just want you to feel better!" She grinned. "John will grow a pair and apologize. I know he will, but until he does I'm here for you,"

"I hope you're right," I sighed.

"I am. Now go pack your stuff and get some rest. We'll leave tomorrow at seven," she said.

"Okay," I agreed wiping the last of my tears away.

I checked my phone once. No missed calls, or voice mails, or texts.

__________________________________

"John! Where are you?" I called walking into the apartment.

"I'm in the kitchen, Bethy," he answered me. "How was your day?"

"Awful! I got fired!" I exclaimed slamming my keys down on the table.

"What happened?" He asked turning around from the boiling pot on the stove.

"Well, I spilled a tray of drinks on this guy and he started flipping out so Allen fired me!" I said angrily.

"I'm sorry babe. You'll find a better job, I promise," he said kissing me and wrapping his arms around me.

"What if I can't pay my rent?" I asked.

"Sweetheart, I'm pretty much living here. I think I could help you out with whatever you need," he told me.

"You'd do that for me?" I asked pulling away.

"I'll always be here for you," he said kissing my forehead and rocking me back and forth in his arms. "I love you,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Like what I did with the title? Baby Ohh. Get it? Okay that was lame. Anyway, there's one more chapter and then I'll be starting the sequel! Comment for the last chapter please!! I want lots before I post it :)

P. S. Sorry about the e mails. This accidentally got posted three times