Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Cody And The Coffee Shop

*GERARD'S POV*

I saw Frankie jump up and start running out. I got up and followed him, colliding my fist into one of the guys head on my way out.

"Gerard, is he alright?" Ray's mom asked, obviously oblivious to what had happened. I nodded.

"Sure, we just need the bathroom." I said before I rushed after Frank. I rushed out of the movie theater and almost screamed as he narrowly missed getting hit by about 3 cars. I raced after him, almost getting hit myself until he turned a corner. Where was he going? I raced around and saw him lying on the grass near a pond pulling at his shirt. I heard him crying and rushed to his side, ignoring the pain shooting around my stomach where my stitches were. I grabbed him and pulled him close, whispering nothing in particular in his ear. I entwined my fingers in his hair.

"Baby your beautiful, and I mean it." I whispered into his ear. His violent crying eased a little and he pulled away, tears still rolling down his face, so his eyes were wide and his pupils were big, he looked so cute.

"I'm sorry Gee, I'm sorry I ruined your day. I know they were right." He started sobbing again and I couldn't help the stray tears that fell for him.

"Frank baby you are anything BUT what they said. Baby, to me, your perfect. Never listen to guys like them. Ever. I love you Frankie and I don't think your any of those things. I promise. I love you." He kissed my shoulder softly and whispered into my neck that he loved me too. I sat crossed legged and pulled him onto my lap, with my arms around his waist. His arms wrapped around my neck and he started taking deep, shaky breaths to calm down. He swallowed and looked at me. I smiled softly and kissed away a stray tear on his cheek. I used my thumb to wipe away eyeliner that had been smudged. I kissed him lips softly, before pulling away and stroking his hair softly.

"Thanks Gee." He said weakly, his voice still a little shaky.

"Frankie baby it was only the truth." I smiled as he did. I suddenly felt thirsty and glanced at my watch.

"Well my dear, we can either go back in so I can give those guys what for, or, we can go to a little coffee house that I saw when I came after you. What do you say?" I smiled playfully at him and his big eyes, which were still a little watery, lit up. He got up off my lap and pulled me up. He went to grab my hand but I moved it away. He looked a little offended until I bent down, he grinned and wrapped his arms around my shoulders and his legs around my waist. I stood up and piggy backed him. He rested his head on my shoulder and kissed it every now and then, sending those chills down my spine. He rode on my back till we reached the doors of the warm little coffee house. He jumped down and I led the way inside. The warmth of the little shop was great compared to the cold air outside.

The place was pretty empty. There was an old man in one corner and a group of 4 guys in the other. Frankie and myself sat in one of the booths.

"What do you want?" I asked him, I grabbed his wrist as he went to get his wallet from his pocket.

"I'm paying, what do you want." He sighed and gave in after I gave him a 'don't argue' look.

"Could I have a latte please?" I smiled and nodded as I headed to the counter.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*FRANKIE'S POV*

"Gerard?" A voice called. I whipped around to see a girl who was in the booth where the boys were stand up and approach him. A grin spread across his face as he hugged her. We hadn't even noticed her.

"Oh my god Cody. How have you been?" He asked her. She said she had been okay and went with him to the counter. He got our drinks and led her back to the booth we were at.

"Frankie this is Cody. I used to stay with her if my dad got too bad." He smiled. I moved over and offered her a seat, which she took.

"Hi Frankie!" She exclaimed happily. I liked her, she seemed happy and hyper, kinda like me. She was kinda cute too. She had layered dark brown hair, the bottom layer being bright red. She had sparkling dark blue eyes. She was around my height and was slim and pretty. Gerard gave me my coffee and I said thank you with a quick kiss. Cody's jaw dropped open with a look of thrill on her face.

"AW you guys are so cute. I told you would be gay or bi Gerard." She grinned playfully. He punched her arm softly and playfully. We sipped our coffee engaging in conversation every so often. I learned that Cody was my age, lived with her older brother who was 21 after her parents died, and they had a dog called Penguin. Apparently he was a border collie and his black and white fur resembled a penguins. She eventually left with the boys from the booth, two were identical twins and were her cousins. The others were her friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*GERARD'S POV*

Frankie seemed to like Cody, so I was happy about that. I have to admit I was slightly jealous at the cheeky grin he kept giving her, but I shrugged it off.

"We better be off. The movie will finish soon and I wanna get those guys." I said. I had to listen to his protests all the way back. Our fingers were laced and I could feel his grip getting slightly tighter every time someone walked out of the movie theater. Finally...I saw them!
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, you guys are great for comments. They keep me writing happily. 5 needed for another update. Loves much B.O.D xoxox

BTW: Someone asked why Frank had issues about his image in most stories, because Frank actually does/ did have issues with his image. Though he shouldn't, I think hes perfect the way he is.