Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Drink, Drugs Sex and Bert

Alone in the dark, me and Mikey were flicking through the songs on his cell phone. Night had come and it was getting colder too. I shivered and looked up through the hole in the broken wood. We didn't wanna risk going back out. Mikey and I were sat back to back, leaning against each other. Our knees were pulled up to our chests and we had our heads back against each others. Iron Maiden's Phantom Of The Opera blared out. I jumped as I heard a shuffle out side. I hit the button and turned the song off so I could listen. Yes! There it was again.

"Fuck. Need more." I heard a voice mutter, but the scuffled footsteps and voice were alone. I jumped up and dragged Mikey with me as a scuffed pair of trainers slid through and into the basement we were in. I held my hand over Mikey's mouth. The scuffed up trainers were soon followed by ripped and dirty jeans and a shirt that was as scuffed up. A boy, a little younger than me, fell into the large room and landed, not as well as us. His eyes were blood shot in the moon light and he looked through the hole. I heard sirens go screeching past. I was panicking now. He was obviously a bad guy. When the sirens past, he turned and looked around the floor. I saw a huge bruise around the joint of his arm and gasped, unfortunately, he heard.

He spun round and noticed us. His eyes widened in anger. I think he was drunk, or high...or both. He stumbled towards us and fell half-way. I let go of my brother and ran over to help him up. He stunk of alcohol. He grunted his thanks and looked me up and down, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Your a jersey boy." He muttered. I nodded and he smirked.

"Bert. Bert McCracken. And yourself?" I was taken aback slightly on his introduction but thought it best to play it friendly with him.

"Gerard Carter. And this is my brother Mikey." Bert looked as is he hadn't noticed Mikey before and nodded over to him. Mikey looked scared.

"How often you been here?" Bert asked pulling a joint of dope of something out of his pocket.

"Just today. You?"

"Every night. Folks kicked me out so I pretty much live here. Wanna joint?" He offered to me and Mikey. We both shook our heads and he shrugged as if we were missing out on something. He pulled a huge bottle of vodka from under a pile of rags in the corner and took a swig, again offering us some. Mikey denied, but I took a swig. The liquid burned my throat and it felt so good.

I passed the bottle back to Bert. Mikey looked shocked. I sat on the floor and Bert sat beside me. Under all the dirt, we was quite good-looking. He caught me off guard by looking back and I just smiled.

"Like what you see?" He asked with a small smile and I just grinned. I took another swig from the bottle of vodka and lent back against the wall. I quite liked Bert. He seemed harmless enough.

Mikey took the jacket and spread it across the floor, laying on it. He announced he was going to sleep. Me and Bert nodded okay at him and carried on drinking, making some small talk. He told me his mom had caught him smoking so she kicked him out after he refused to quit. His dad didn't care cause he was an alcoholic. He only cared if Bert didn't give him one, then he'd get a crack. I told him about my dad being abusive and why we were hiding in here. I told him about Lee Peterson and the attacks. It shocked me that Bert knew him.

"Yeah. I slugged him today. That's why the cops were after me. For assault." He grinned proudly. If Bert could beat up Lee, then Lee would be scared of him. So if I kept Bert around. I could be safe, and have a good friend. I soon heard Mikey snoring softly so I accepted Bert's offer on a joint. I was curious to try it out.

The deadly smoke filled my lungs and went straight to my head. It felt so good. I exhaled slowly and lent my head back on the wall, closing my eyes as I took another drag. I felt someones gaze on me and opened my eyes to see Bert staring at me with an amused look on his face. I raised one eye brow.

"Like a pro." He grinned nodding at my join. I laughed softly and took another drag. I became aware of Bert moving closer. I let his lips brush with mine and I let his tongue into my mouth. I let him kiss me roughly and I kissed back with as much aggression. He soon had me on the floor and his hands were running through my hair. He pulled back and smirked at me. I did the same and we sat back up, Continuing our joints and drinking as if nothing had ever happened. I finished my joint and immediately wanted another. I still had half a bottle of vodka left and I already felt buzzed.

What was I turning into. Drink drugs and sex? I was bad, but I was loving it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? =]