Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Find X

The mutters surrounded us and eyes darted to the back of the bus where I sat. My new blue jeans and tight black shirt hugged my slim frame attracting unwanted attention from some of the girls. Whispers of 'the new kids' flooded back and washed over us. I was sat beside Rachael and Mikey sat in front of us with Eliza, but both were turned around to talk to us, despite the drivers warning. Though he quickly gave up. I glanced up as I felt someone watching me and saw a really stylish girl giving Rachael a dirty look. I wrapped my arm around her and the girl looked up at me. I shot her a dirty look and kissed Rachael's cheek, just to prove my point. Rachael smiled and blushed. Eliza laughed when she realized what I was up to. Eliza was good like that. She wasn't the jealous type at all. She accepted that I had friends that were girls wonderfully.

When we finally arrived at the school, it wasn't as bad as it seemed. It was a two story building with a sign on the grass outside reading 'Belleville High School, home of the tigers.' I raised my eyebrows and let Rachael lead me to the main doors, but not before kissing Eliza goodbye first.

"Hello, can I help you?" The receptionist said in a monotone voice, like she had done this many times before.

"Hey Joyce. This is Gerard and Mikey. They're new here. Could you give them both a copy of my time table so we can be in the same class?" This was the first time I'd seen her talk to someone but us comfortably.

"Oh hey Rachael. Well, they don't look the same age, but since I love you, I'll make an exception." She smiled and hugged her as she scanned and printed off two copies of Rachael's time table from her school diary. I looked at the table. Gym. Oh great. First lesson Monday morning was gym. At least I had Mikey and Rachael in my class.

"Hey Joyce, since gym sucks, mind if we stick around here for first period?" Rachael asked looking hopeful. Joyce smiled and nodded. She was about 55. Her hair was Grey and up in a loose messy bun, but in a neat way. She had a gold chain around her neck and was wearing a long cream skirt with a pure white shirt. Rachael hopped up onto the desk and picked some notes up from the desk while Joyce typed on her computer. I stood beside Rachael and lent against the desk she was sitting on while Mikey explored the office. I let Rachael play with my hair while we waited for the hour to be up. I sighed at Rachael's touch, closing my eye briefly. Joyce saw and smiled, but I ignored it. I couldn't be bothered to explain anything. I opened my eyes and raised an eyebrow as Mikey came running over grinning from ear to ear squealing.

"I found a Belleville pen!" I shook my head laughing at him. My brother could get excited over the smallest things, but it made him seem cuter. I ruffled his hair and fake praised him. It made me sad cause he seemed to bask in it. Probably cause I never praised him anymore. He grinned at me. I sighed and looked at the clock, only forty five minutes left. Rachael was talking to Joyce about life at the care home, telling her about how she was coping.

"So how did you end up there...Gerard was it?" I nodded and explained very briefly about my dad and living on the street. She cooed sympathetically. I stood in between Rachael's legs while she was still on the desk, and hugged her. No reason, I just needed as cuddle. She laughed and hugged me back, grinning down at me.

"You okay chuck?" She smiled down on me, keeping one arm around me and the other playing with my hair. I looked up at her, smiling, and nodded. She really was cute. Shame I wasn't single, but I did love Eliza.

"You two an item?" Joyce spoke up from behind us. She was looking at us with her head resting on her hand. Rachael shook her head, avoiding eye contact with both of us. I shook my head like her and rested my head on her shoulder. She was so warm. I sighed and pulled away. I took a pencil from a small pot on Joyce's desk and started to draw roughly on a stray piece of paper. I soon realized I was drawing Frank. I used Helena's method. I nurse taught me to draw. He he. I got his eyes and his face almost perfectly. But he was just to gorgeous to draw perfectly. I wrote his name above the picture, then my signature under it. By the time I had finished, the bell started to ring for second period. I checked my new time table and grinned when I saw we had art next. Rachael slid gracefully off the desk as we said our goodbyes to Joyce. I thought that sitting and talking to Joyce would be a one time thing. Little did I know that one day soon, she would be saving my life.

Rachael sat alone on a four seater desk at the back of the art room. I took Mikey to the front desk where a young teacher sat. The other kids in the room started murmuring again. Why is a new kid always so exciting? The teacher finally noticed us standing there ans turned to look at us, looking a little surprised, but smiled all the same.

"Hello boys, you okay?" I nodded and handed her a note Joyce had told me to give to all of my teachers today. She read it carefully looking a little confused.

"Wow. Says here you were skipped from your first week in middle school. You must be something special Mikey." She smiled at my younger brother and then at me.

"Okay boys lets see. Rachael? Would you mind sitting with the new boys?" She called out. Rachael turned red when the whole class turned to look at her. She nodded and I saw the faintest smile come to her lips. One of the jocks up front seemed to notice it.

"Aw. Is little emo Rachael in love? Aw someones got a crush. Or is he already your boyfriend? We all saw you on the bus this morning." I glared daggers at him. Rachael's eyes swam with tears but she was strong and refused to let them spill.

"Hey dude at least she's got someone. You couldn't get anyone with that face." I stared him down. He death glared me but I didn't show any fear. I wanted to be brave for Rachael's sake. I smirked when he looked away. I had won. I smiled and winked at Rachael who smiled back. The teacher winked at me before me and Mikey took our seats either side of Rachael. I kissed her cheek and she thanked me in a whisper.

"No problem sugar. I ain't gonna let anyone hurt you." She smiled and resumed the sketch she had started in her book. It was of a cherry tree in full bloom. It was beautiful. I heard a group of giggling girls enter the class and looked up to see Eliza with a few friends along with a couple of boys. The teacher shook her head and went back to the work she was sorting out. Eliza sat in the last empty seat beside me and I kissed her in greeting. Her girl friends squealed girlishly and took their seats at the other end of the room.

"Okay guys. I'll set you all a project. I want you to pair up with someone. The pairs have got to be boy, girl. I'll pair you up so you can't go with someone who'll mess about with. Okay. Um... Sharon, I'll have you with Justin. Carlee, you can go with Brad, Emily, you can go with Nick. Rachael, I'll pair you with Gerard. Eliza, with Cooper. Mikey with Max. Dean with Jessica, Eddy with Alica. Charlotte with Carl and can I have Jodie with Sam. Harry with Kennedy. Laura with Kieran, and Bethany with Ray." I thought nothing of any names as I realized I was put with Rachael. Poor Mikey. He was with someone he didn't know. A small girl with very dark brown hair came over. She had a stripy purple and white shirt on with light blue jeans. She pulled Mikey up and led him out of the room where the teacher was leading a few of the pairs. Pretty soon it was just me and Rachael in this room.

"Don't worry chuck. Miss Disking gives each pair an individual project to work on. We must have the big project to do. Every time she does this, she gives one pair a really strange project, to do. Last term the 'in class' pair had to make a model of themselves posing with paper mache. It's always fun though." She smiled at me. I smiled back just as miss Disking came in and sat with us.

"Okay guys, Rachael as you already know, you have the major assignment. Gerard, I want you to draw Rachael. I proper portrait..." That didn't seem too hard.

"...Titanic style." There's the catch. I glanced nervously at Rachael. Her mouth was slightly open and her eyes were wide.

"Say what? You want Gerard to draw me naked?" She sounded really nervous. I don't blame her. I would be, but I wouldn't be bothered.

"Yes. I know it might sound a little strange but the out come is good. I swear I wont show the class. I mean, Joyce sent that picture up Gerard, the one you did of that boy. It was fantastic. Gerard your a fabulous drawer. And if he's real, Frank Anthony Iero is a good looking lad." I smiled slightly. She was right. Frank was good looking. Miss Disking was British. You could tell by her voice. She had her light red hair tied back loosely and she was wearing a short sleeved purple top with dark Grey pants. A real art teacher. Or I liked to think so.

"But..." Rachael seemed lost for words.

"I'll leave you to discuss it. But think about it. It will be a real shame if you pass this opportunity." She stood up and left the room. Probably to check on the other pairs. Rachael sat back and sighed, running her hand through her hair. I watched her blankly. I had no problem with the project, my worst fear about it was if the drawing went wrong, but of course, I wasn't the one who was posing naked for a guy I met two days ago to draw me.

"What do you think? I have no problem with it." I spoke softly, letting her know I wasn't forcing her. She sat up and looked at me.

"Easy for you to say. I dunno Gerard." She stared at a scribble on the desk, leaning her head on her hand.

"Come on sugar. There's nothing to be scared of. You saw me naked an hour after we first met. That was only two days ago." I grinned and she laughed at the memory of me casually dropping my towel after my shower on Saturday afternoon. She sighed and gave in.

"I'll do it if you promise you wont laugh. Or ever mention it again." I smiled and promised. She accepted the assignment and we began to plan where and when we were gonna do it.

"Why don't you just draw it in the dorm room? The door has a lock and I'm sure Mikey wont mind leaving for a few hours." I nodded and we informed Miss Disking that we would do it as soon as she came back. She was very happy we had accepted and were willing to go titanic for her. Because life sucks and hates me having fun, the bell rang. It was break next but then we had math. I knew I didn't like that. No matter who I was with. Same with gym. Mikey met us outside our art room and came out onto the school yard. Eliza was with us of course.

"How ya finding Belleville High so far?" She asked before biting into a pear. I shrugged and sat at the top of a few white stairs. Mikey sat three stairs down towards my left, Eliza down and two to my right and Rachael in front of me at the bottom. Me and Mikey were sat crossed legged and I was looking all around me. There was a slope on the other side of these stairs and a gravel path that turned around a fairly large arena that was for running and racing I'm guessing. There was a high wall further on that had swimming badges along it so I'm guessing that was the pool. (Well no shit Gerard!) We sat like that for the whole of break. Me just looking around. Mikey admiring his new pen, and Eliza and Rachael talking about Eliza and Coopers art project. I wasn't really listening but I heard that Cooper was one of Eliza's friends so they could work on their project well together.

I groaned as the bell rang. Math. Oh joy. I rolled my eyes at my own sarcasm. Eliza held out her hand and pulled me up. She was in our next class so we walked with her. I laced my fingers with hers and kissed her neck gently. I heard someone whistle but it was just Cooper.

I sat at the back of the class with Eliza. Mikey had been sat beside Rachael. Our math teacher, Mr. Kellet, seemed to hate Rachael. He kept calling on her to answer any questions he knew she didn't know or understand. It only caused her embarrassment. He must of seem the encouraging smile I gave her as he called on me next. He slicked his spiky golden blond hair back and stared coldly at me with his bright blue eyes. I stared back, trying to stare him down but he showed no signs of giving up. Trying to get me on his side. When I didn't give in, he called on me. Again, another British teacher.

"Well Mr. Carter. Since you keep trying to help young Miss Lockhart, you can answer the next question on the board for us." I started at him coldly, not letting any emotion show. He drew a triangle on the white board and wrote 113 degrees beside one of the angles. He labeled the other 36 degrees. The third angle he labeled it X. Marking the letter above the triangle.

"Well Mr. Carter. Come up here and find the angle X." I pushed my seat back and stood up. I stood tall and bold and walked down in between the double desks to the white board at the front of the class. I watched Mr. Kellet for any signs. Any at all. I glanced at Rachael who was watching me, biting her bottom lip anxiously. I looked at the board and pretended to be thinking. Then I smiled and circled the letter X.

"Found it!" I grinned proudly. The class burst out laughing. Rachael grinned at me and I winked at her. I sat back down and lent back proudly. Mr. Kellet glared at me and I just laughed. Not breaking eye contact. Eliza was laughing behind her hand and Mikey turned around and hi fived me. He was a desk in front and two to the right. Rachael was beside him, further away from me. She smiled gratefully at me and I just winked at her again. That's the key Gerard. Never let them take you alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are loved and appreciated. See if you amazing guys can post 4 comments, if not I wont update =P Fuck sincerely...B.O.Dxoxo