Don't Hold This War Inside

It's A Small Crime And I Got No Excuse

Jasper breathed in and out trying to stifle his emotions before going home. But was the Cullens' really home to him?

No.

His home had been destroyed over a century ago when he'd the thought he lost Caroline.

"Who is she?" a voice asked.

Jasper spun around and saw Alice standing there looking lost, as if she didn't understand.

He didn't know how to explain to her that he would love always love Caroline exponentially more than he could ever love her.

"Is she your...mate?" Alice seemed to struggle with the words.

Jasper didn't answer and he heard Alice sobbing behind him. He didn't turn around to comfort her. He just couldn't bring himself to go so far.

"You can't just let her show up here and let everything change, Jazz. You can't let her come between us!" Alice cried out.

Jasper spun around and had her up against a tree in a second.

"This is not about you. I will never care for you as I care for her, do you understand me?" he hissed.

Fear reflected in Alice's eyes. She had never before seen Jasper in such a state before.

"Jasper, please, I--"'

"Do not talk, Alice." he said, shoving her into the tree for extra meaning. He couldn't believe the type of person Caroline brought out of him.

Alice whimpered in fear as she tried to pull herself up from the dent Jasper had practically buried her in. She stood and stared at Jasper in something akin to fear and sadness.

"Do you love her? Really love her?"

Jasper sighed. "I do, Alice."

Alice sighed, knowing she was letting the man she loved go. But had he ever been hers in the first place? No.

Jasper belonged to the other girl.

"What is her name?" Alice asked.

"Caroline Marie Farrow-Whitlock." he replied, slight pride leaking in his voice at the fact that Caroline had his last name.

"She's beautiful," Alice said. "Her name fits her."

And, then, Alice was gone, too.

Caroline walked through her house like a zombie. Jude had taken Vienna somewhere to calm her, which Caroline was glad for.

The house answering machine beeped and Caroline knew George had called while they were away.

She pressed the play button and was shocked to hear Aro's panicked voice fill the room.

"Caroline, you must find the Cullens immediately. Gather every vampire you can find. There is a group of witches and werewolves abducting vampires all over Europe. I regret to inform you that George was one of them. We will be making our way to Port Angeles within two days."

Even with Caroline's memory having returned, she had never, ever, heard Aro sound as panicked as he had.

The next message was from Carlisle, who left his number and stated that if she needed to call him he would answer.

Caroline called him and played for him Aro's message, to which he replied that he, his family, Jude, and Vienna were on their way.

He would contact all the vampires he knew of to warn them to come to America.