Don't Hold This War Inside

A Mighty Fine Predicament

Caroline and Carlisle were walking around downtown Rome, eying their surroundings carefully while still attempting to appear normal. Since the Volturi had vacated Rome, Caroline and Carlisle had stuck to that general area.

"Do you sense anything?" Carlisle asked quietly as he and Caroline walked through an alleyway.

"No. It's weird. I can feel that something is here, around us, near us. I don't know. It's like it's---"

"CAROLINE, LOOK OUT!"

But she had been too slow. And suddenly everything went black.

When Caroline woke up, everything was dark. She could hear the sound of water close by and could smell dirt and trees. They were outside. They had to be. Either that, or they were underground.

"Carlisle." Caroline hissed quietly.

She heard a moaning nearby but not very close to her. "C--Caro--Caroline."

But he didn't sound right. His voice sounded strained, like it hurt him to talk. Caroline immediately got up and let her eyes adjust to the darkness around her. She could see now that there were no windows, save for one that was nearly fifty feet above her.

It was no use.

They were stuck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have you heard from them?" Aro asked from the other end of the phone.

"No, not since they've been captured, obviously. I am attempting to follow their trail but its becoming harder and harder to do. Whoever these witches are, they are disguising their location very well." Jasper replied, his tone clipped.

The idea that his beloved had been captured by a group of murderous witches did not bode well with him.

"What do you have so far?"

"The witches who captured Caroline and Carlisle go by the name of Dominic and Elysia. They have no last names that I know of. They don't seem to be the brains of the operation, just the strong arms." Jasper reported.

"Good. Continue trailing them as much as possible and call us in two days." Aro replied.

"Of course." Jasper replied before hanging up the phone. He was beyond furious. He himself had not seen Caroline's face in nearly thirty six hours, hadn't held her in thirty six hours, hadn't even kissed her in thirty six hours. It was torture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door to Caroline's cell opened and a rather burly looking witch stepped in, cursing and spitting at her in Russian. He grabbed her and dragged her across the dirt floor. She screamed out in protest, tried her damnedest to get away fro him.

But it was impossible.

There was some spell on her, some reason why she couldn't get away from this terrible. He yanked her harder by her hair as he began dragging her through a series of maze-like hallways.

"Let me go!" she yelled out, but her screams were futile. Sound would not come out of her mouth.

Finally the dragging stopped and Caroline's head was buried in her hands. What had she gotten herself into?

"Well, well," a sickly sweet voice said. "Look what we have here."

Caroline looked up and who she saw nearly made her swallow her heart and shit it out. FOr standing there was a Nazi general she and George had killed long ago.

The general's name was Commander Alan Grier.