I'm the Loner, and He's the Jock

Dinner and Gossip

I walked up to Alyssa's parents with her and watch her mother's mouth form an 'o' shape.

"That is one big ring!" Mary, Alyssa's mom said. I looked at Alyssa and she was blushing.

"Babe, no need to blush. I love you and that's just one way to tell the world. Mary shouldn't we plan our engagement party soon?" I asked her mom.

"Y'all can plan now or do it later," her mom said.

"Hey Chad can I talk to you?" her dad asked. Alyssa coughed and I looked at her.

I DON'T WANT A PARTY!! Alyssa wrote quickly.

"I know you don't, babe, I'll be right back," I said walking towards her dad. I heard her huff and I shook my head.

"Yes Mr. Duke?" I asked as he motioned me to follow him. We stopped once we were out of earshot.

"I know this is arranged and all but please treat her right," Mr. Duke said.

"Sir, with all respect, I can honestly tell you that I love your daughter very much and I'm very grateful that y'all chose me to marry her," I said.

"Well, I trust you but like I said treat her right," he said turning around to go back to Alyssa and Mary. I smiled and walked back to Alyssa and caught her looking at her ring.

"So should we just eat or discuss things?" I asked.

I vote eat! Alyssa wrote.

"I vote eat then more tour of this house," I said with a laugh.

**fast forward to Monday**

"Did you see Chad after the game Friday? He was with the freak Alyssa," some freshman chick said to her friend. I clenched my fist closed and started to walk over to her and her friend.

"CHAD!!!!" Matt yelled from down the hall and I flat out ignored him and continued to the girls.

"I don't know who you are but you shouldn't talk about seniors like you are," I said.

"But Chad she doesn't talk at all!" the chick said.

"I don't care she's my friend and y'all will not talk about her like that," I said as Matt walked up.

"Since when was she a friend?" she asked and Matt started to pull me away. I looked at him then looked for Alyssa. I spotted her surrounded by girls. I started to run towards her. As I got closer I noticed she was scared and she was crying. I clenched my fists as I squeezed through people.

"What is going on?" I asked reaching for Alyssa's hand. She was shaking as she backed away from me.

"Alyssa, trust me," I said looking her in the eyes. I looked up as I heard the kids started to scatter.

"What seems to be the problem Mr. Wheeler and Ms. Duke?" Ms. Barrie asked.

"Why don't we ask all the girls here, who are jealous because I am hanging around Alyssa?" I asked her still reaching for Alyssa. I looked around at the girls who hung around.

"Alyssa, please take my hand," I begged as she shook her head begging me with her eyes not to make her grab my hand. I sighed and just hugged her instead.

"They'll gonna find out eventually, you know," I whispered in her ear. She nodded and hid her hand with the engagement ring between us and one handed hug me. I watched as the girls left and started to mind their own business.

"I really wish I could hear your voice and I just wanna walk you to class. So where's your first class?" I asked her. She reached for her notebook.

Art she wrote. I smiled and released her from our embrace.

"Then we shall walk to art together," I said with a smile. She smiled and reached for my hand forgetting that she was hiding the very noticeable engagement ring on her hand. I smiled as I walked her to Art.

"Kiss or no kiss when we get to the door?" I asked. She shook her head no as if she was saying no kiss. I pouted as we arrived at her class. She waved goodbye.

"Bye Alyssa," I said as I walked towards German 4. I walked in as the bell rung.

"Hey man, why are you just getting to class? Coach is watching closely now that we are in district season," Matt said.

"Sorry walked Alyssa to class," I said and I heard Chris start laughing.

"Really Chris, grow up," I said sitting by Matt.

"You really walked HER to class? Since when did we associate with her?" Chris asked.

"Yes I did and it doesn't matter," I said realizing Frau Radde was not in the room.

“Frau is absent today. She has a sub but as you can see the sub isn’t here yet,” Matt said. I smiled.

\“Yes a free day of no German,” I said. Matt laughed.

“Seriously what’s going on with you and Alyssa?” Chris asked.

“That’s for me and her to know,” I said thinking about the awesome time I had with her Friday. Matt laughed at me.

“You know I know,” Matt said and Chris glared.

“Hey don’t you dare look at me that tone, if I had known you since diapers I’d tell you but I promised her I’d only tell my closest friend,” I said as the sub walked in. I looked at her then shook my head. I glanced at the clock.

“Wow, we finally get our sub at five minutes until the bell,” I commented.

“So, Stacie is still mad at you,” Matt informed me.

“Yeah, I know she keeps blowing up my phone saying that I haven’t heard the end of her and that me and her ain’t over until she says so,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long been dealing with some drama and dealing with Junior year stuff and prom :D sorry if this isn't the best

love,
Teen_For_Christ
a.k.a
Kayla