I'm the Loner, and He's the Jock

Dance with me.

I took a deep breath after Chad walked me to class.

I knew this would happen. I knew shit would start and people wouldn’t leave me alone.

I was happy being by myself.

Yes, I like Chad. Yes, I wouldn’t mind marrying him. But, I don’t see why this whole marriage thing couldn’t wait until after high school when people didn’t care about image, and I can walk down a hall without being bombarded with questions.

“Why were you talking to Chad after the game?”

“What does he see in a freak like you?”

“How does Stacie feel about this?”

God people annoy me so much. I’m suspended for three days and everything goes to shit. I knew it was a bad idea to go to the game.

God I’m such an idiot.

I continued thinking about how much of a bad idea the game was throughout Art. I didn’t get my sketch done. I couldn’t think straight.

After the bell rang I gathered up my stuff and ran out of the room before Miss Mary could stop me.

“Alyssa, wait!”I heard behind me.

I clearly didn’t listen and continued walking towards the front of the school.

The entire time people were shouting inappropriate phrases and words at me, or people whispering about me to their friends.

“Alyssa, please wait,” came from behind me again.

I didn’t stop walking until I was out the front doors.

I leaned up against a wall and started crying.

I knew this was going to happen. I knew as soon as I was told I was getting married to Chad.

“Alyssa there you are,” a voice said standing in front of me.

I looked up and there stood Chad, with Dakota standing beside him.

Dakota walked over to me and pulled me into a hug.

I cried into his chest.

“Alyssa, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know this was going to happen,” Chad said softly.

I pulled away from Dakota and picked up my notebook.

I told you this would happen. I told you I was the most hated person at this school. You didn’t listen to me. Now everyone fucking thinks we’re sleeping together. Thanks Chad. I just made you even more popular. Just because everyone thinks you slept with the freak. I wrote then picked up my stuff and walked towards my truck.

I sat in my truck and continued to cry.

It’s only going to get worse once everyone knows about the engagement. A little voice in my head said.

That’s fucking great. My life gets better and better each and every day.

I finally started up my truck and pulled out of the school parking lot and made my way home.

I pulled into the drive way and slammed the truck door after turning it off.

I walked into the house and closed the door behind me as Pumpernickel came running up to me.

“Alyssa, what are you doing home?” my mom asked coming down the stairs with a laundry basket in her hands.

I looked at her with tears running down my face, and she walked down the rest of the stairs and put the basket on the couch.

“Sweetheart, what’s wrong?” she asked pulling me into a hug.

I just stood there and cried my eyes out.

“Sweetie, it’s ok. Stop the tears and tell momma what’s wrong,” she said softly rubbing my back.

I pulled away and wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my sweater.

I went into my bag for my notebook and a pen.

Because people saw me with Chad at the game people were surrounding me this morning before class and asking me all these questions. Then Chad comes and tries to save the day, and then he walks me to class. After class people are whispering and shouting things at me. They kept calling me a whore and all this other stuff. Mommy, they have it set in their minds that I’m sleeping with Chad.

“Oh sweetie. Everything’s going to be okay. Daddy and I are going to sort this out for you,” she said pulling me into another hug.

“How about, you go get into something comfy, I’ll call in at work, then you and I are going to sit down on this couch and eat nothing but junk food, and watch Disney movies until you feel better,” my mom said pulling away and giving me a bright smile.

I smiled back and nodded.

“Go get changed. I’ll call in after I throw this stuff in the washer,” she said as she pushed me towards the stairs.

I looked back at her and signed “I love you.”

“I love you too sweetie,” she said with a smile.

Pumpernickel followed me up the stairs and into my room where I changed into my comfy clothes and tossed my other stuff into the hamper. I grabbed my unicorn and walked back out of my room stuffing my phone into my sweater pocket.

I picked up Pumpernickel and walked down the stairs with him licking my face.

I laughed and put him down when I reached the bottom of the stairs.

I walked into the living room just as my mom was putting in Tarzan. My favourite Disney movie.

I smiled and plopped down onto the couch as my mom walked towards the kitchen.

“So, I called your father, and Amy, and we’re going to get this sorted out,” she said coming back into the living room with two bowls of mint chip ice cream.

I nodded and took a bowl from her.

The rest of the morning and well into the afternoon was filled with laughs and Disney movies as my mom and I had a good day. This is what I needed. I needed a day with my mommy to make me feel better.

Around 4 the door bell rang. Pumpernickel ran towards the door and started barking at it.

I got up and moved him out of the way with my foot.

I opened the door and was met with a face full of roses .

I took the roses in my hand and look up at Chad.

“Alyssa, I am so sorry for what happened this morning,” he said.

I looked at him and sighed. I nodded at him.

That was enough for him to pull me into a hug.

“You don’t know how sorry I am. Please, let me make it up to you,” he said softly.

I hugged him back and kissed his cheek.

After we pulled away from our hug, I invited him into the house with a tug of his hand.

“Oh hello Chad,” my mom said as I brought him into the living room.

“Hello Mary,” he said with a smile.

I showed my mom the roses and she smiled.

“I’ll go put these in some water for you,” she said getting up off the couch and taking the roses from me.

Chad and I sat down on the couch and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I leaned into him and sighed.

“So I have a question for you,” Chad said.

I craned my neck to look at him with an eye brow raised.

“Do you have a date for the dance tomorrow night?” he asked.

I shook my head no.

He smiled. “Could I be your date then?”

I picked up my notebook and wrote: Sorry, I said I’d go with my fiancée.

He smirked at me. “Oh that’s alright. I forgot I asked my fiancée to go with me.”

I laughed and snuggled into his chest. He pulled me closer to him.

~~~<3~~~

After Chad left yesterday afternoon my mom dragged me out of the house to go find a dress.

I have plenty of nice dresses in my closest that I hardly wear. But she wouldn’t let me wear one of those.

But now, I’m sitting in my room at my vanity as my mother curls my hair to frame my face.

I haven’t been to any of the school dances yet, so I don’t know what to expect when I get there.

Chad said he was picking me up at 6, it was now ten to and my mom still wasn’t done my hair.

“There we go sweetie. Your all done,” she said after she clipped my hair clip in.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled.

“You look beautiful,” my mom said as I got up from the vanity bench and looked at her.

My smile widened as I heard the doorbell ring.

I walked down the stairs just as daddy was opening the door to reveal Chad standing there with a smile on his face.

“Alyssa, you look amazing,” Chad said as daddy allowed him into the house.

I blushed and stood beside him.

“You two look absolutely adorable,” mommy gushed.

“Chad, you make sure my little girl has a good time,” daddy said.

“Don’t worry sir, I will,” Chad said looking at me with a smile.

I smiled back at him and with that we were out the door and heading to his car.

He opened the passenger side door for me and I smiled at him as I slid in. He closed the door after I was in then made his way over to the driver’s side.

“Are you excited?” he asked me as he started up the car.

I made the so-so hand gesture as I buckled myself in.

“How come?” he asked.

Yesterday, Chad, I wrote.

“Forget about yesterday. Forget about them. Tonight it’s just you and me,” he said taking my hand and lacing our fingers together as he pulled out of my drive way.

This is it. My first high school dance, with Chad Wheeler.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty, SO!
5 months, 6 hours, 5 pages, and 1,635 words later.
IT"S HERE!
TA-DA!
I'm soooooo sorry it's been soooo soooo soooo long.
I've just been going though some stuff, that did some emotional damage and I haven't been in the mood to write.
But I'm back so it's ok :D
I'm still alive.

I hope you guys like this chapter. It's like 1:30 AM so there may be some grammar errors that I haven't gotten around to fixing. So if someone could point any out to my I will love them forever :D

Comments = Cookies and Candy :D

Thanks for stickin with me this long guys :D
Chapter 12 should hopefully be up soon. And wont take as long as I did.

Hugs and squishes. <3
Lexie123
Aka. Alex.