Status: Abandoned WIP. Sorry!

Sing Me To Sleep

Chapter twenty.

I have died everyday waiting for you,
Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years;
I love you for a thousand more.


Eyes fluttered open, looked around the blank room with hazy vision before settling on an acceptable blur less than a foot away.

His eyelashes brushed his cheeks in an agitated dream state, his right cheek squashed from its place on the bed where she lay. She lifted a week arm, covered in creamy white bandages, and entangled her fingers in his bird nest hair. Her body felt heavy with trauma but it didn’t really matter. He was here, his beautiful face rested on her bed and she felt the closest to content she’d been in a long time.

His eyes blinked open, his brown irises fixing on her exhausted ones. A ghost of a smile played on his lips before leaning forward, brash and gentle all at the same time, and planted a soft but firm kiss on her lips. He pulled away far too soon and perched on the chair again, his cheeks flushed but a small grin on his face.

“Don’t do that again, yeah?” he joked feebly, pushing Katy’s fringe from her eyes; eyes he hadn’t seen open in at least a week. She opened her mouth but closed it again, realising how thirsty she was. She went to reach for the pitcher of water and found that she couldn’t. Her arms were so weak she couldn’t even pour herself a glass of water. Tears prickled at her eyes as she tried again in vain.

“Here, let me...”

“No!” she snapped, the hot tears burning her weary cheeks. Alex went quiet.

“Katy, please...”

She sobbed. Her chest heaved as they left her chest, everything suddenly raining down on her. She wasn't happy at all, she realised. It wasn't Alex. The weight of her illness suddenly slapped her in the face and she gave in, tears fell from her face onto the nondescript hospital gown. Before she knew it, a nurse was there, and she started to feel... fuzzy. Fading.

Then she passed out. Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a quickie :) I only update this if enough people comment because I'm not into the All Time Low fandom anymore so I'm literally only doing it if people want to read it. Something to think about.