Status: inactive for the time being

Take a Chance

Its all your fault

Once the train arrived at the station in front of Hogwarts, Sami had jumped up on Abigails shoulder being not a big fan of large crowds. Abigail had walked out of the compartment and off the train with Severus but her mind was plagued with thoughts of Sirus Black and why he hadnt left her alone since first year.

She was soo lost in thought that she didnt even realize she was being pulled into a giant, bone-crushing hug. When she had finally snapped out of it. She smiled seeing that Narcissa was hugging her. Both girls screamed with excitment and before long Belladrix had joined the hug.

Even though these three were from seperate houses, They were still the best of friends. All that matter to Narcissa and Bellatrix was that Abigail was a Pureblood witch from a very important family. So in a way, they had to be nice to her.

~Lucius and Regulus~

"I swear, she gets more irrisitable each year" Regulus said as he undressed her with his eyes. Lucius smirked

"You know, she'll have nothing to do with you"

"I will get her, one way or another"

"Just be careful, Messing with her can land you in more trouble than you think and I'm not just saying your parents and hers" Lucius told him. Regulus sighed.

He had liked Abigail from the very first time he had met her. Even though she became friends with Lilly Evans, it never changed his opinion of her. She was still a remarkable creature in his eyes. But he also knew she was off limits and he would pay dearly for trying to get with her.

Lucius side glanced at Regulus and smirked even more. He knew that it was killing Regulus knowing that he couldnt have Abigail but he also knew that Abigail didnt want him. His reputation was worse than his older brothers and Abigail hated Sirius Black with a passion for it.

She wasnt one to be used just to get laid. She was a smart girl and knew what a guy was all about when she first set eyes on him. Her parents had her more focused on her studies then having any relations with a boy. She had told Lucius one time that she had detested her parents for making her go through this but all he could do was remind her that she was next in line for her familys company. She would always end the conversation there and walk away from him.

Secretly, Lucius wanted to know what was going on in that girls mind but he wouldnt never admit that to anyone.

Lucius had soon decided to join the girls with Regulus right behind him.

~Abigail~

She had looked passed Bellatrix and noticed Lucius and Regulus walking towards them and she smiled. These were her best friends ever since Lilly had decided to actually date James Potter. Once the other two looked to see what Abigail was staring at, the group stopped talking about their summer and turned their attention to Lucius and Regulus.

"I was wondering where that infamous Malfoy smirk was hiding" Abigail smiled. Lucius had wrapped his arm around Narcissa and smiled at Abigail

"Good grief, it smiles" she joked causing him to go back to a smirk and the rest of the group laughed.

"Its good to see you again Abby" he greeted. Abigail just smiled as they all walked to the carriages. Once in the conversation about summer vacation started back up and this time, the guys joined in.

When the group had said their goodbyes and went to join their tables, the ceremony started. Abigail sat away from Lilly, James, Remus, Sirius and Peter and pretended to be interested in where the new first years were going. Lilly sighed as she looked down the table at Abigail

"I do miss being her friend"

"Why? She hangs out with Slytherins now" James asked confused. Lilly turned to him

"She is a good person James"

"Im sure she is Love but why did you two stop being friends?"

"Because Lilly started dating you" Remus said as he read his book. James glared down at Abigail who turned to him, rolled her eyes and looked back at the first years.

"What happened to her? She used to be so nice" Peter asked. Lilly and Remus had exchanged a look that thankfully no one else caught.

"She started hanging out with Malfoy and his poor excuse of friends" James retorted. Sirius slammed his fist down on the table just as the food appeared. Everyone around him looked at him but he refused to say anything as he got up from the table and left the Great Hall.

"Whats his problem?" James asked. Remus sighed as he put down his book and looked at him

"You're his best mate and you're trash talking the woman he's in love with...What do you think Padfoots problem is?" Remus explained, before he too grabbed his things and left the Great Hall. James sighed as he placed his head on the table

"Oh bugger" he breathed out.

~Later that Night~

Lilly and James sat in a chair next to the fireplace together with Lilly on James' lap. Peter and Remus sat on the couch. Remus once again with his nose in a book and Sirius was sitting in the window looking out at the sky.

"Why does she hate me so much?" Sirius asked more to himself than to anyone else.

"You're still on this mate? Just let it go. Shes just trouble" James comented. Remus and Lilly sighed

"No shes not and Sirius we have already gone over this" Remus told him. Sirius stood up looking at his group of friends

"Ive done everything I can to impress her. Ive used every trick in the book to get her attention and still no matter what I do, she ends up hating me more. I want to know why" Sirius said, his voice gradually getting louder.

Abigail had walked in just as Sirius had asked and anger boiled within her. He should know why she hates him. She had told him countless times before. Have I not made it clear enough for him? What do I have to do to get this thick-headed man-whore to understand? she asked herself.

"I hate you because you're a man-whore. You sleep with all kinds of girls and break their hearts the next morning. Its like you honestly dont care about their feelings whatsoever. I have seen girl after girl cling to your every word one day and the next, they pour their hearts out to their friends because you dont want them!"

"Because I dont want them! I want you!"

"I dont want you! dont you get it? You sleep around and hurt girls. What makes you think i want any part of that? I dont want to be your one night stand. Youre just an insensative jerk who would rather sleep with women instead of actually having a damn heart and caring for someone!" Abigail yelled. Her face red from anger. But it all went away once she saw Sirius hang his head in defeat.

"You're right" he whispered as tears fell from his eyes. Guilt quickly filled Abigails features as she took a step back.

"Dont listen to her Padfoot!" James yelled as he stood up and pointed his wand at her. Abigail looked up in horror

"Shes a Stupid, Slytherin loving whore!" he yelled as he threw a curse in her direction.

At this point, everything had seemed to slow down to her. She had felt Sirius wrap his arms around her waist and turn her around just in time for the curse to hit him. He seemed to slowly fall to the floor. She had spun around and covered her mouth with her hands as she looked down at him. Soon enough, his friends had circled around him

"Look at what you did! This is all your fault! if you had stayed away from him then this wouldnt have happened" James cursed that her. Abigail had leaned against the wall and sank to the floor as tears cascaded down her now pale cheeks while the others levitated him to the hospital wing.

James' words kept ringing in her head. And soon she had started to blame herself for what had happened to Sirius. Why had he done that? Why did he protect me from the curse? If i had just left him alone and not even talked to him, this wouldnt have happened... her thoughts had gotten the better of her and soon she ran to her room that she shared with no one, slamming the door and locking it.

~Hospital Wing~

Lilly and Remus stood on one side of Sirius' bed while James and Peter stood on the other. Neither Lilly nor Remus looked or even spoke to James. He was starting to worry and finally got sick of it

"What did I do wrong now?"

"First off, you tried to curse Abigail knowing that Sirius would risk his life for her. Secondly, you blamed her for what had happened to him even though it was your fault. I have all the reason to be mad at you" Lilly explained.

"You knew, why did you do it?" Remus asked. James sighed as he looked down at his best friend

"I didnt like the way she talked to him or the way she treated him. She was so cruel"

"Its the same way I used to talk to you James Potter. But yet you had kept after me. Why?"

"Because I love you"

"Thats why Sirius kept after her. He loves her James. He would risk his life for her and all he wanted was his best friend to be supportive seeing as he was supportive of you" Remus explained. James kept his eyes downcast.

"There was no reason to blame her like you did. When Sirius wakes up and realizes that she wont even look at him, hes going to hate you" Lilly said before her and Remus left the Hospital wing with Peter not far behind.

James looked down at his best friend now worrying if he was going to lose him over this girl. He sighed knowing that he was going to face some serious shit later
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave comments